SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Sage User

Still having problems displaying Fanart

Hi guys, back again. I now have installed BMT and gone through and batch updated all my fanart. My fanart is in Sagetv\SageTV\userdata\pheonix\fanart. I have read and followed the BMT instructions (thanks, easy to follow).
Within this folder the structure is correct for the movies and tv folders. I am using the STV UI and whenI go to recordings some posters are showing up but others aren't and there are no backgrounds. It was all working fine until I upgraded to 7.x.x beta last week.
I have come to the end of my tether. I even move all my STV movie and TV recordings to a temp file and deleted them in STV. Then I moved them back into STV.
HELP!
Sorry to be a PITA.
Tony
System:AMD Phenoom II Dual core 3.2 Ghz, 2x2GB Ripjaw 1600 RAM, Win 7, ATI Radeon HD 4670, Hauppage 1212, Sage TV 7.xx, 90GB SSD for OS and Progams and 2x2TB SATA mirrored for data. Pioneer Elite Tuner/AMP, Samsung 65" LCD 120 HZ.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same trouble with some posters not showing up as well. Usally it is with shows that have multiple names to the shows. In example Hawaii five o, castle, house,Being human, etc.

Usually going in to BMT and clicking the show and drilling down to the episode without artwork and then click find metadata when you get to the last screen of info, click the search box, and choose the right show from the list of choices.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Not the problem. Only one set of metadata for each show. Thanks for the thought.
System:AMD Phenoom II Dual core 3.2 Ghz, 2x2GB Ripjaw 1600 RAM, Win 7, ATI Radeon HD 4670, Hauppage 1212, Sage TV 7.xx, 90GB SSD for OS and Progams and 2x2TB SATA mirrored for data. Pioneer Elite Tuner/AMP, Samsung 65" LCD 120 HZ.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage Icon

Tony, there are some problems with displaying fanart with the SageTV UI in the latest betas due to some of the many changes that have been made. I have a plugin that I'll be posting this week, that merges the existing Phoenix Fanart and Malore Fanart plugins and does work with the betas. Hang on in there.

John
Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Sage User

John, I have spent too long on this even to the point of completely removing STV and reinstalling it so I had a nice clean set up. Thank you for letting me know. I wait with baited breath.
Cheers
Old 04-20-2011, 02:53 AM
Sage Icon

Tony, I've added the new plugin to the repository. It's called Phoenix Fanart for SageTV.

Just make sure you have the old Phoenix Fanart plugins disabled/uninstalled and also disable/uninstall the RW Metadata and IMDB Search plugins if you have them installed.

Good luck

John
Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
also disable/uninstall the RW Metadata and IMDB Search plugins if you have them installed.

Good luck

John
Does the new plugin combine the RW Metadata plugin into one? so its really combining like 4 plugins?
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Tony, I've added the new plugin to the repository. It's called Phoenix Fanart for SageTV.

Just make sure you have the old Phoenix Fanart plugins disabled/uninstalled and also disable/uninstall the RW Metadata and IMDB Search plugins if you have them installed.

Good luck

John
Thanks Kiwi John, will give it a whirl tonight

Will let you know of any issues and results.

Pomme Tony
Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Does the new plugin combine the RW Metadata plugin into one? so its really combining like 4 plugins?
No, but it has a dependency on another new plugin "Complementary Metadata Tools (CMT) which is a merging of the RW Metadata plugin and the IMDB Search plugin and also contains a lot of the common code that's used by this Phoenix Fanart plugin and another new plugin "Upcoming Movies 2" which is the SageTV 7.1 version of the older Upcoming Movies plugin.

Ran out of time to do posts about them all. As you can see it's a little convoluted. I'll try and get posts about them up for the weekend. All the old plugins are still good to use for SageTV 7.0. I've set a MaxVersion dependency in the old plugins and MinVersion dependency in the new plugins so the current beta version is the only version there is an overlap of compatibility with the new and old plugins.

John