SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings

In Configure>Phoenix>Fanart/Metadata Options there is an option to untick Preserve Original Metadata for Recordings.

What if any caveats are there to unticking this entry? Is it recommended to leave it ticked?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

If it is ticked it will keep all the metadata SageTV retrieves for TV recordings. BMT data will be used for all other fields. If you untick it then BMT can overwrite the data SageTV has retrieved for the TV recording. Sometimes this is preferred depending on your preferences. One may have better program descriptions than the other.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

When I allow BMT to update over the Original Metadata for Recordings it will occasional bring back TV Show titles with different case letters. This is a pain since something like "The Daily Show with John Stewart" will sometimes be "The Daily Show With John Stewart". When this happens they will appear like they are two different TV shows.

If I really need to change something in one of the protected fields I will turn it on and make the change and then turn it back off.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Personally, I run with the preserve metadata field checked (ie, I don't overwrite my metadata from the guide). The one thing that I have noticed, and I've been meaning to put out a fix... is that sometimes the description in the guide is empty and because preserve metadata is enabled, then i don't get a description for an episode. This is rare (in my case), but I've noted it a couple times. I may allow the description to be updated in the event that the recording description from the guide is empty, even if preserve original metadata is enabled.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Sage Icon

yes. I've had that happen once or twice, no description in recording.

would be a GREAT enhancement.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I think I'd prefer a 'preserve title' check, as that's all I really want to save (since that is what is used to attach it to the favorite and group properly within sage).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room