SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Can anyone host a mirror of SageTV hosted plugins?

I've written the script to mirror all plugins hosted on download.sage.tv and it also auto edits the SageTVPlugins.xml file to reference the new links. It's working, I'm running the mirror on my personal server, but I cannot host it for all, I simply do not have the bandwidth to even pretend I could.

The script is a Groovy script, which probably doesn't help most, but I could probably port it to PHP or Perl or whatever with little effort. Alternatively, I'd be willing to run the script myself and rsync the repository with a public server, if someone has one and are willing and able to host a repository mirror.

PM me if you're willing and able to host this repository. I'll probably just keep mirroring it locally for now and if the need arises then we'd need to copy the mirror somewhere and provide the new SageTVPlugins.xml file.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I've written the script to mirror all plugins hosted on download.sage.tv and it also auto edits the SageTVPlugins.xml file to reference the new links. It's working, I'm running the mirror on my personal server, but I cannot host it for all, I simply do not have the bandwidth to even pretend I could.

The script is a Groovy script, which probably doesn't help most, but I could probably port it to PHP or Perl or whatever with little effort. Alternatively, I'd be willing to run the script myself and rsync the repository with a public server, if someone has one and are willing and able to host a repository mirror.

PM me if you're willing and able to host this repository. I'll probably just keep mirroring it locally for now and if the need arises then we'd need to copy the mirror somewhere and provide the new SageTVPlugins.xml file.
Why not keep it on google code? I would love the irony of that. I'm sure they allow enough discspace to accomodate it.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Why not keep it on google code? I would love the irony of that. I'm sure they allow enough discspace to accomodate it.
If the src for a binary isn't available, you can't store the binary on GC.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If the src for a binary isn't available, you can't store the binary on GC.
How about something like DropBox or whatever Microsoft is calling their free web storage solution these days?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How about something like DropBox or whatever Microsoft is calling their free web storage solution these days?
Preferably, someone's got a good old fashioned server that they can run a script from cron to sync with download.sage.tv and then make the links available via HTTP. These free storage solutions usually don't have any way to FTP files (or any automated way) and certainly won't allow cronjobs to sync the files up periodically.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

A few people have inquired about the local mirroring script I created, so here it is:

http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/...or_repo.groovy

You'll need to configure the variables at the top as required. Along with downloading the files from Sage's server, it also generates an updated XML file with the links adjusted. In case of disaster, simply replace your current SageTVPlugins.xml file with the repo.xml file this script generates. Once replaced, all the Sage hosted plugins will be downloaded from your local HTTP server.

I'm running this script daily from SJQv4. It is safe to run as frequent as you like - it will only download files if they don't exist in your local mirror or if the MD5 checksum has changed (i.e. a new version of a file has been submitted to SageTV).
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
FYI - dropbox recently screwed up their access rules so that for a period (couple hours?) anyone was able to access anyones account.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011...-in-as-anyone/
Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
How much storage space is your mirroring taking up and how much monthly bandwidth do you anticipate using (best guess)? I have a few websites (hosted professionally) that may have enough excess bandwidth.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

Looks to be under 40 MB? At least for the Sage hosted plugins. Some are hosted elsewhere (ie. Diamond and others)

Bandwidth?? Depends upon how many people hit it.
Would need to hit it to install plugins, upgrade plugins, etc.

A grain of sand isn't much...but a whole bunch of grains of sand could be. Sahara Desert?

Last edited by graywolf; 06-21-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:20 PM

Send me an email to this username at oshinetworks.com

I have the storage space and bandwidth to accommodate you.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Hey, I've been a lurker here for a couple years but haven't posted much till now. I've got a host with about 1TB each of bandwidth and disk space just itching to have a use ( it's nearly empty right now, just hosting a small site for a friend). Do you need a second mirror? Unfortunately I'm not all that versed in how to set things up but I'm willing to learn and want to help out where I can. PM me if interested.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

I could repurposed a GoDaddy account that I have paid the next 3 years on if needed. Just PM me...
Old 06-21-2011, 06:56 PM

Look people there no need worry about this rigth now just wait a few months
Old 06-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Better safe than sorry.

Until a few days ago, I thought I had plenty of time to buy an HD300 too.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 06-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

If the earlier offers fall through, PM me.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Look people there no need worry about this rigth now just wait a few months
I think with the lack of information available, people feel better doing something/anything to prepare for the worst case. If you learn a lil about XMLTV and some folks put in place a backup plugin server, everyone will feel like there's a safety net. And if we're just gonna waste time reading Internet forums, then it's not like we can't spare the time
Old 06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
A few people have inquired about the local mirroring script I created, so here it is:

http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/...or_repo.groovy

You'll need to configure the variables at the top as required. Along with downloading the files from Sage's server, it also generates an updated XML file with the links adjusted. In case of disaster, simply replace your current SageTVPlugins.xml file with the repo.xml file this script generates. Once replaced, all the Sage hosted plugins will be downloaded from your local HTTP server.

I'm running this script daily from SJQv4. It is safe to run as frequent as you like - it will only download files if they don't exist in your local mirror or if the MD5 checksum has changed (i.e. a new version of a file has been submitted to SageTV).
For those wanting to run this on windows, here are a few tips to get you up and started faster.

1.) Download groovy 1.8.0 http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download
2.) Make sure you set your java_home variable.
3.) Add the file "commons-codec-1.5.jar" to your groovy "libary" generally located here: C:\Program Files\Groovy\Groovy-1.8.0\lib
The file can be found here: http://commons.apache.org/codec/download_codec.cgi
4.) Change the location around line 25.
To: def localOutput = new File('YOURLOCATION.')
Example: def localOutput = new File('C:\\Users\\Dave\\Desktop\\SagePlugins')
*Notice the double \
5.) Change the "URL" to your own webserver. In this case loop back. 127.0.0.1
def targetUrl = 'http://127.0.0.1/repository'
6.) Run from the command line or groovy console.
C:\Users\Dave\Desktop>groovy mirror_repo.groovy

Hopefully this will be hosted in the near future and no one else will have to worry about downloading the plug-ins on their own.

Thanks Slugger for a great script!

Dave
Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Shouldn't the contents of this def localOutput = new File('C:\\Users\\Dave\\Desktop\\SagePlugins') be copied over to the webserver targetUrl = 'http://127.0.0.1/repository'

In My case I downloaded all the plugins to C:\nyplayer\SagePlugins... so I should copy them over to targetUrl = 'http://127.0.0.1/repository' ??????

Edit

Better yet where Do I create the repository folder in my Jetty webserver???? So that it can be accessed locally?

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-30-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

If this actually becomes necessary, I have a linux server with plenty of bandwidth and space. Notice the upload speed (aka how fast people can download from me)...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Shouldn't the contents of this def localOutput = new File('C:\\Users\\Dave\\Desktop\\SagePlugins') be copied over to the webserver targetUrl = 'http://127.0.0.1/repository'

In My case I downloaded all the plugins to C:\nyplayer\SagePlugins... so I should copy them over to targetUrl = 'http://127.0.0.1/repository' ??????

Edit

Better yet where Do I create the repository folder in my Jetty webserver???? So that it can be accessed locally?
The script assumes the localOutput is the web server folder (i.e. the web server is running on the host you're downloading from). For Jetty, change localOutput to:

def localOutput = new File('C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV/jetty/static/repository')

and

def targetUrl = 'http://192.168.2.5:8080/repository'

Change the IP/port in the URL as necessary for your Jetty installation.