SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Changing Default Sort Order/ Jump to Letter Function

First, amazing job on this! I am running on HD200 extenders, and the responsiveness is excellent!

Quick questions:
The different TV listings default to "Recent Activity" sort-order. I would like to have one that defaults to Title. I set the sort to that, but when I return to the Landing Zone and then go back to the listing, it reverts back to "Recent activity". How do I get Phoenix change the default sort order?

Also, is there a jump to letter function where I can select a letter and jump to movies starting with that letter?

Thanks for the hard work. Your effort really shows.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
First, amazing job on this! I am running on HD200 extenders, and the responsiveness is excellent!

Quick questions:
The different TV listings default to "Recent Activity" sort-order. I would like to have one that defaults to Title. I set the sort to that, but when I return to the Landing Zone and then go back to the listing, it reverts back to "Recent activity". How do I get Phoenix change the default sort order?

Also, is there a jump to letter function where I can select a letter and jump to movies starting with that letter?

Thanks for the hard work. Your effort really shows.
The short answer is basically...yes you can. Unfortunately, we don't have the tools in the place to do this from the STV at the moment, so what you'd be required to do, is create a view xml file, and define your view in there. In time, we'll have more detailed information about how to create views, etc, and I'm sure the community will also have many examples of how do these things. wrems has already started a thread on some custom views that he has done.

I don't know about the jump letter... i think it exists... but bailio or meinmaui will have to speak about that.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

There is a setting that is available in the UMB called 'View Presentation Customization' - options are "Temporary" and "Sticky". The default is Temporary.

If you change it to "Sticky", any changes to the Sort Order (and grouping for that matter) are remembered the next time you open that view.

btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

There isn't a 'jump to letter' - but there are two types of jumping that work.

"Percent" - when you hit a number key, it jumps to that point in the list - 1 is the top, 0 the bottom, and then 2 through 9 correspond roughly to a 10% jump down the list each. 5 is the middle more or less.

"RegEx" - does a title search with via Regex - basically each number becomes associated with the letters available on that number (2 has ABC, 3 DEF, etc) - and all the combinations and permutations are calculated and you are taken to the first item in the list that matches. So if you were looking for 'Chuck' you'd type in 2-4-8-2-5, and at some point in that entry you'll land on Chuck. Depending on what all media items you have in your view it might get there after 1 or 2 key presses, or it might take all 5.

You can toggle between Percent and Regex in the options for Universal Media Browser - "List Search Method"

btl.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks so much!