SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Sage User

Wrong show is played

When I attempt to play a recorded TV episode via the play button on the remote or selecting the "play" option from the menus, Phoenix begins playing Live TV (on the last channel used) if no recording is in progress, and begins playing the current recording if one is in progress. I can even see the correct recorded program in the preview window with the correct COMSKIP markers, but I am unable to get it to play.

I restarted my server and extenders and I see the same behavior on all of them. I reverted back to the default UI and everything plays as expected.

I was pretty tired when I first installed Phoenix yesterday, but I swear it was working correctly during my 10 minute trial before I went to bed. I did change several options via the GUI today as I was trying to decide on the best look and feel to get a high WAF.

Do I need to reinstall Phoenix or is there a setting that I inadvertently changed that I can no longer find?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangerguy View Post
When I attempt to play a recorded TV episode via the play button on the remote or selecting the "play" option from the menus, Phoenix begins playing Live TV (on the last channel used) if no recording is in progress, and begins playing the current recording if one is in progress. I can even see the correct recorded program in the preview window with the correct COMSKIP markers, but I am unable to get it to play.

I restarted my server and extenders and I see the same behavior on all of them. I reverted back to the default UI and everything plays as expected.

I was pretty tired when I first installed Phoenix yesterday, but I swear it was working correctly during my 10 minute trial before I went to bed. I did change several options via the GUI today as I was trying to decide on the best look and feel to get a high WAF.

Do I need to reinstall Phoenix or is there a setting that I inadvertently changed that I can no longer find?
I think this came up in another post as well. I'm pretty sure none of use Play, but rather, Select, so it went on unoticed. I think this will be addressed in other builds, but for now, use Select and it should play
Old 06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Upon further investigation, I determined that all of the issues playing a recorded show resulted from the Parental Controls. Once I disabled them, everything worked fine.

When I used the "select" function on the remote to play a show which required the Parental Control password I was presented with a black screen. At that point if I pressed either select again, Live TV would being playing. A few seconds later the Parental Control password box for the correct show would pop up, but would accept no input and could not be canceled. Thus, with Parental Controls enabled I was unable to play recorded TV. Reading other threads on Parental Controls, I understand that there are bugs/functionality to be addressed in future releases.

During the interim while I was using the default Sage 7 UI, I became acutely aware that the Phoenix UI is so much simpler and intuitive. Awesome job, guys!