SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Imports Not Playing

I'm going crazy trying to figure out why my imports are not playing. Instead of playing the selected import when it is selected from "All Movies" in the box landing zone, it is playing live tv.

Playing recordings from the OOTB box landing zone menus is working fine, but my Videos do not seem to be.

I ran into the same problem last night and realized it was because I had restructured the directories on one of my media drives and never added the new import path to Sage. But this morning I am certain something else is wrong. The file path that Phoenix shows me for the import I'm trying to play is 100% correct. The file is reachable via my Sage server's window explorer.

What else could be going on?
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Sage Icon

It sound’s like something is messed up with your import paths. You may have to re-restructure your paths to have sage import everything fresh... Maybe someone else can chime in here before you go down that road...

Basically, you’d need to create an alternate import path to Sage right next to the current one. Then add that path to Sage, make sure to shutdown service and reboot the server to make sure the new import path is properly set. Once they are there, shutdown the service etc again. Now MOVE the files from one import path the new path. Make sure to leave the subfolder they are in and that you have the same folder in the new position. restart the service etc, Sage should now see that files are missing from one folder and find them in the new one and delete/add them accordingly.

You might want to check the FAQ’s for moving this stuff around. I could be a little off in my attempt at what you should/need to do.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you using "Play" or "Select" to play the files. I know there is an outstanding issue of "Play" causing LiveTV to play instead of the currently selected media file.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Are you using "Play" or "Select" to play the files. I know there is an outstanding issue of "Play" causing LiveTV to play instead of the currently selected media file.
Haha. That was must first reaction too. I tried three more times making sure my thumb was hitting select/return/ok while on the Play menu item to start the movie.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Shoot. I think I've got it figured out now.

I was testing my latest set of changes from my MacBook Pro. It has a Placeshifter client install on it, not a normal SageTV client. If I recall correctly, even though I am on my home network here and connecting to the local SageTV instance, I will never be able to play DVD imports through it, no matter what STV I'm using.

Sorry for the fire drill. Thanks for the help again.