SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Problem with Diamond/MyMovies Fanart

Hi,

I am having a small problem with Fanart showing on my HTPC client.
Here are my specs below:

Network
- D-Link DGS-1024D 24 Port 10/100/1000
- Linksys Gigabit Router (used just for internet routing)

Wire
- All RG6 Wiring
- All Cat-6 Wiring

Server
- Windows 7 64 Bit
- SageTV V7
- SMM
- Diamond Theme
- Shuttle SN78SH7 (nVidia GeForce 8200, GigaBit Ethernet)
- AMD Phenom X3 8450 2100Mhz 3.5MB Socket AM2+
- OCZ 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
- 2 x WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
- 2 x HDPVR connected to two Bell HD6131 Receivers
- USB-UIRT for receiver control
- Headless and located in closet with switch and receivers.

HTPC Client
- ASUS M2A-VM HDMI 690G MB (Integrated ATI X1250)
- AMD Athlon X2 5000+ CPU
- 4GB RAM
- Windows 7 64 Bit
- SageTV 7.1.7

1 x HD300

Now all fanart works on my server and hd300 (BMT for TV and MyMovies for Movies) except on my client. BMT is showing all TV related fanart, but the movies are just not working. In detailed setup I have all settings to use fanart in folders first, I have deleted the cache and tried to re-cache and I have also tried deleted the cache of one movie also and that did nothing as well. I am running out of ideas, any suggestions?

One thing I noticed is that I have nothing on my Movies Cache except for a few things BMT found, thing is I want it to use fanart in the movie folders first? Are there any other settings I am forgetting?

Also I am running collection manager client on my client machine.

Thanks and any help is appreciated.

Jason
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

did you restart your client after telling it to use folder fanart first (as well as try stopping/restarting the service). i can't remember it if is client or sever dependent setting.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
did you restart your client after telling it to use folder fanart first (as well as try stopping/restarting the service). i can't remember it if is client or sever dependent setting.
I tried restarting both and it didn't work. It is wierd I had it working with SMM, now removed SMM and moved everything to Diamond and now the folders first isnt working anymore.

I am trying a complete reinstall of the client (Sage and CM), see if that helps.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Just did a reinstall of my client and it actually got worst. Now I have no fanart. When I try to cache the progress screen pops up and disapears. I tried a server and client restart still same thing.

Funny thing is that I don't even have a cache folder in the SageTV folder (Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)

Any ideas

Thanks

Jason
Old 06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by giacinto41 View Post
Just did a reinstall of my client and it actually got worst. Now I have no fanart. When I try to cache the progress screen pops up and disapears. I tried a server and client restart still same thing.

Funny thing is that I don't even have a cache folder in the SageTV folder (Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)

Any ideas

Thanks

Jason
Have you tried clearing all your Diamond Settings (not Cache but settings?). We have seen odd behaviour in the past if the settings somehow were corrupted. Instructions for this here...

k
Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Any ideas

Thanks

Jason
Also make sure fanart is turned on on the client for phoenix.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Have you tried clearing all your Diamond Settings (not Cache but settings?). We have seen odd behaviour in the past if the settings somehow were corrupted. Instructions for this here...

k
I did a complete reinstall (removed all previous settings) and started from scratch. I reconfigured everything again, do you mean I should reset my diamond settings again? The only thing that would reset is the fanart options as I didn't really change any other settings seeing as I needed to get the fanart working. I will try it anyways you never know lol.

Quote:
Also make sure fanart is turned on on the client for phoenix.
Yes the fanart option is enabled in the client with the folder pointed to the server location where the fanart is located. I checked to see if the fanart folder is accesible from my HTPC client computer via normal windows folders and it is.

It is really weird I have a feeling something is wrong with the caching. When I try to cache the window that pops up usually to let you know where it is at in the caching process just disappears, you barely see it pop up. Also in the SageTV folder there is no cache folder so something isnt workin right??
Old 06-25-2011, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I guess it depends on what you mean by a complete reinstall. If the sage properties file was retained then the Diamond settings would still be there from the old install. The only true way to delete them is to use the steps I include in the troubleshooting section of the Wiki. If you uninstalled Sage, deleted the Sage program folder and then reinstalled then that would obviously delete the Diamond settings too!

This may not be the issue but at this point it is my best guess.

k
Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I guess it depends on what you mean by a complete reinstall. If the sage properties file was retained then the Diamond settings would still be there from the old install. The only true way to delete them is to use the steps I include in the troubleshooting section of the Wiki. If you uninstalled Sage, deleted the Sage program folder and then reinstalled then that would obviously delete the Diamond settings too!

This may not be the issue but at this point it is my best guess.

k
Yes that is exactly what I did, I uninstalled, deleted the SageTV folder, reinstalled, installed all the plugins I had (which wasn't very much lol, just Diamond, logo packs, ff/rew, enhanced stop, movie showtimes and remove plugin and dependencies), configured my video for stutter free playback, configured the fanart diamond settings and tried to cache.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:36 AM
Sage User

Problem is I don't think I will have a problem once all the images are cached, the issue is that the program doen't seem to want to cache them. Don't know if it the caching process is not finding them or just crashing but the iimages never make it to the local machine (no cache folder). What log options do I need to turn on to catch this error? Is it the standard error logging in sage?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Problem is I don't think I will have a problem once all the images are cached, the issue is that the program doen't seem to want to cache them. Don't know if it the caching process is not finding them or just crashing but the iimages never make it to the local machine (no cache folder). What log options do I need to turn on to catch this error? Is it the standard error logging in sage?

Thanks
Yes... just turn on debugging and post the log.

k
Old 06-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage User

K cool thanks will do when I get home from work.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage User

Well letting it sit overnight helped resolve some issues lol. I am back to where I started, the TV Fanart (or anything I record for that matter) is displaying properly due to BMT. Again the movies section shows nothing. I have included the logs from both client and server from when I cached.

I have also included some screenshots of exactly what my problem is.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage settings.jpg (169.4 KB, 271 views)
File Type: png movies.png (412.6 KB, 259 views)
File Type: jpg tv.jpg (264.9 KB, 264 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Client Logs.zip (3.5 KB, 229 views)
File Type: zip Server Logs.zip (3.8 KB, 222 views)
Old 06-25-2011, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Those aren't the correct logs we need the sagetv logs.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Where are they located?
Old 06-25-2011, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

sagetv\sagetv\ on the client you want sagetv_0.txt or sagetv_client something like that offhand. You must have logging turned on in the client.

Make sure you try and cache a couple of times on the client and let us see the log after that.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage User

Nevermind found them lol. Here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Client Logs.zip (159.8 KB, 244 views)
File Type: zip Server Logs.zip (243.4 KB, 237 views)
Old 06-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
sagetv\sagetv\ on the client you want sagetv_0.txt or sagetv_client something like that offhand. You must have logging turned on in the client.

Make sure you try and cache a couple of times on the client and let us see the log after that.
Only saw the message after I posted, I tried caching once so it should show in the log. Let me know if you need me to log more.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Sat 6/25 13:40:23.176 [Fork-PLUCKYHD-1003105@1891811] Checking for folder art at=D:\Videos\Movies\Knight and Day\folder.jpg
Give that is a client is that location right for the fanart?
Old 06-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Sage User

Wow, thanks PLUCKY, I feel a lil stupid , the one thing I didn't check were if my imported video paths were right. Mind you I thought I set them right, SMM was working fine before??

Anyways all fixed now.

Thanks