SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Sage User

newbie custom menu question

I have loaded Phoneix the other night and I really like it. I had to abondand the SageMC custom menus which I loved a few months back because they were giving me problems with Sage 7.

I am trying to get my Phoneix menus to work like my MC custom menus did however I am running into some problems. I have read the editing menu threads as well as watched the youtube beginner video however I am still running into a problem. I have created the "menus" and "vfs" folders under

C:/program files (x86)/sage tv / sage tv/ userdata/ phoenix

I am assuming I have the correct folder because I found my old fan art folder there.

The problem I am having is no matter what custom menu edits I make in this folder I can't get them to work with Phoenix or BMT. I have even copied the examples in the "help for a newbie" thread by taylormadearmy. I am using notepad to create the txt file and renaming it with a .xml extension. Could someone please tell me if I am missing a step to make Phoenix pull edits from this folder?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Once you create a menu fragment did you refresh tr menu configurations in Phoenix? U can do it from the ui or u can do it in bmt under settings...
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Sage Icon

When you refresh configurations do you receive any system messages indicating an error? If visible = False on a vfs you will not see it in BMT. Make sure to set them as True. If you refresh configurations in BMT, just press refresh on the top bar and choose the middle option. Then do a ctrl-f5 just to be sure that your browser page is fully refreshed and allows for the new vfs to be visible.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe you are having an issue I think I have seen - I actually found that refreshing the UI was not always enough to make new menus appear... It was sure to work however if I used the options menu -> landingzone options -> customise landing zone, and then moved a menu item up or down.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

after refreshing configs in phoenix ui, hit home 2x too. sometimes do that twice to see new stuff appear.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
after refreshing configs in phoenix ui, hit home 2x too. sometimes do that twice to see new stuff appear.
I was told that the home 2x no longer reloads the configurations, instead, you can do it directly from the options menus.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

I've found that if you add a brand new menu item that doing the reload configs in the options doesnt actually refresh the menus... So I do both. Sometimes, not all the time, I have to do the home/home trick twice back-to-back to see my new menu item. If really in doubt a quick restart of the extender always properly loads everything.