SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Sage User

Diamond Compatibility with the 'Restart Sage from Setup Menu' Plugin

I used the 'Restart Sage from Setup Menu' plugin from skiingwiz prior to installing (and falling in love with) Diamond. I was wondering if there was a way to get the 'Restart SageTV' option back into the Setup menu using inbuilt functionality of Diamond, the new ADM plugin, or some other manual mechanism. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
I used the 'Restart Sage from Setup Menu' plugin from skiingwiz prior to installing (and falling in love with) Diamond. I was wondering if there was a way to get the 'Restart SageTV' option back into the Setup menu using inbuilt functionality of Diamond, the new ADM plugin, or some other manual mechanism. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian
Does it not get added if you enable it with diamond enabled? If not then ADM should do it for you no problem I think...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post

Thanks,
Brian
If it isn't in the setup menu with Diamond installed you could try ADM... but with ADM it will not be there by default... so to add it, use the ADM Copy Mode function which is explained in the Wiki and that should copy the plugins menu item and create one in ADM (as long as it doesn't do something weird). If you use ADM then try it out and let me know if it works or you have issues... over on the ADM forum preferably...

k
Old 07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think diamond changed the structure of the menus at all, so it SHOULD still work with diamond AND the restart server UI Mod.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I don't think diamond changed the structure of the menus at all, so it SHOULD still work with diamond AND the restart server UI Mod.
Correctomundo Fuzzy

I have it showing on my setup menu with just Diamond installed, although with Diamond you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the second level as it's not visible until you get to the bottom of the items (Diamond adds a scolling menu mod to allow more items than normal). (See attached and notice that you can't see the configuration wizard item as it's scrolled off the top of the second level menu for setup.)

It doesn't show in the Setup menu with ADM enabled for me so you will have to follow the ADM wiki and add the item manually.

Jeremy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RestartServerOnDiamond.jpg (481.2 KB, 343 views)
Old 07-23-2011, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

One of my UI pet peeves is a scrollable list with no indication that it is scrollable... ;-) Really needs at LEAST a down pointing arrow if there is more down there...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
One of my UI pet peeves is a scrollable list with no indication that it is scrollable... ;-) Really needs at LEAST a down pointing arrow if there is more down there...
The scroll indicator is in the Video second level but not in the Setup second level for some reason, but it does have the scroll functionality. I'll add it to the list to fix. Good eye

Probably didn't add it there as we don't add items to that list and the main reason we added was to accommodate the custom Diamond movie views.

* Update - Scroll Bar in secondary Setup Menu Added for next release (sorry no eta...)

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SetupMenuScrollBar.jpg (107.9 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by jorton; 07-23-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Correctomundo Fuzzy

I have it showing on my setup menu with just Diamond installed, although with Diamond you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the second level as it's not visible until you get to the bottom of the items (Diamond adds a scolling menu mod to allow more items than normal). (See attached and notice that you can't see the configuration wizard item as it's scrolled off the top of the second level menu for setup.)

It doesn't show in the Setup menu with ADM enabled for me so you will have to follow the ADM wiki and add the item manually.

Jeremy
Yes. That will get the Button over there but does not seem to do anything.

I tried changing to use specific Widget and tried both BBJDL-207 [Restart SageTV] and BBJDL-216 [ConfirmPanel] without luck but did get it to work if I set it to BBJDL-208 [IsSageTVServerEnabled()] but then you do not get the confirmation screen. It will just do the Restart.

Jorton/Jeremy - even though you have the Button there, does it actually do anything for you along with the confirmation screen? If so, which Widget is it using?

FYI - this testing was with Sage in non-service mode
Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage Icon

Jusjoken replied in the ADM thread.

So if you have ADM, have advanced options on, for action type, specify widget and use BBJDL-215
Old 07-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

Good to hear, jusjoken's pretty speedy with the updates

Just for clarification my original screen shot was of the restart plugin installed on just Diamond, no ADM, and it was working correctly. If I enabled ADM it was not there. I didin't actually get a chance to try adding the item manually to ADM.

Cheers,

J

Tags
diamond