SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:20 PM

IR MCE remote key mappings stopped working after upgrade

Upgraded yesterday to build 403 and the IR MCE remote key mappings for video, music, pictures) on the harmony remote stopped working. They were working before the upgrade.

If I navigate to the native STV (i.e., Music), the key mappings are working perfectly (i.e., pressing video takes me to videos).
Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Those keys aren't mapped in Phoenix so I wouldn't expect them to do anything while in Phoenix.

It largely depends on what command you have the code mapped to in Sage Detailed Setup -> Commands - but if it's a command that we aren't processing yet, then Phoenix will just ignore it.

btl.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Sage Icon

It is very important that Phoenix support the standard controls on a remote for 'Music', 'Pictures', 'Videos', 'RecordedTV'.

Especially as Phoenix becomes the primary User Experience...

Is it possible to add them to the next release? Are you planning on providing a 'command' mapping facility similar to the one provided in the native STV?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Sage Icon

The point being made above is that these are standard mappings and are working correctly in the native STV. As Phoenix becomes the 'new standard' for folks the commands need to navigate to the appropriate screen.

i.e. Video now replaces core Videos --> pressing 'Videos' needs to map to that menu... which means there is a need to specify which menu item etc... Of course there should be defaults set by Phoenix out of the box that makes sense.
In the case of 'Videos' that is probably the 'Movie Wall' view...