SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaddock3000 View Post
Kind of a novice here. Would this be a good way to go about waiting for the media player to be fully loaded?

Code:
if (eventName.startsWith("PlaybackStarted")) {
   if (sagex.api.MediaFileAPI.IsDVD(MediaFile)) {
      Log.getInstance().write(Log.LOGLEVEL_TRACE, "sageEvent: DVDPlaybackStarted");
      while (!sagex.api.MediaPlayerAPI.IsMediaPlayerFullyLoaded()) {
         Log.getInstance().write(Log.LOGLEVEL_TRACE, "sageEvent: DVDPlaybackStarted: Waiting for DVD to load");
      }
   }
}
Family is watching TV at the moment, so I'm not going to be able to test until tonight.

Thanks in advanced!
IIRC you will need to specify the UIContext in the IsMediaPlayerFullyLoaded() and then again in the api's to set the title and chapter. When you look at the api's available for DVD titles and chapters I think you will see there is no way to set it to chapter(x) and/or title(y). You need to check where you're at and move to the next title and/or chapter. I forget the details off the top of my head but I do recall that after looking at these complications I decided to put the code to set the title and chapter in the watch() api because it was a lot easier.

If you do decide to keep the code in the sageEvent don't forget to take out the code I have in the watch() api.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
IIRC you will need to specify the UIContext in the IsMediaPlayerFullyLoaded() and then again in the api's to set the title and chapter. When you look at the api's available for DVD titles and chapters I think you will see there is no way to set it to chapter(x) and/or title(y). You need to check where you're at and move to the next title and/or chapter. I forget the details off the top of my head but I do recall that after looking at these complications I decided to put the code to set the title and chapter in the watch() api because it was a lot easier.

If you do decide to keep the code in the sageEvent don't forget to take out the code I have in the watch() api.
Tom,
Turns out that I don't need to worry about the current chapter as I'm able to perform a seek and that will automatically adjust the chapters. You are correct from what I can tell about Title's though. It seems very odd that there isn't a setDVDTitle API call.