SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: WIcons - enables Day/Night Weather Icons for default SageTV STV

Version 1.005 - NO CHANGE to the plugin - API still in use by DIAMOND Legacy so it was relocated from Google Code to BinTray
Version 1.003 - UI Mod removed from repository as it no longer works (has not for 3 years )

Version 1.003 - WIcons API change only. (WIcons UI still at 1.001)
- added missing icon for NWS
- NWS Forecasts now use the night icons for night forecasts

This small plugin enables the updated SageTV weather system to use the original icons including different icons for Day and Night. This works for both the Google weather as well as the extended forecast using NWS.

By default day starts at 7am and ends at 7pm but this is configurable in the Weather Screen under options (set to 16 (4pm) for the captures below).

Please let me know if you discover any issues or any of the Google or NWS icons are displaying (as they will show if WIcons does not find a mapping to an image icon).

Note: to report an incorrect icon please have debug on and copy the url from the debug log after the text "WIcons: unhandled url - please report".

Note: this Plugin is NOT compatible with Diamond. A Diamond update will be out soon which enables the Day/Night icons.

k

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WIcons1-medium.JPG (59.5 KB, 1060 views)
File Type: jpg WIcons2-medium.JPG (76.1 KB, 520 views)
File Type: jpg WIcons3.JPG (11.7 KB, 1014 views)
File Type: jpg WIcons4-medium.JPG (62.9 KB, 807 views)

Last edited by jusjoken; 10-17-2015 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Awesome - I am a Diamond user so I guess I have to wait a bit. It looks like you are the only one still developing new plugins as I think the last two plugins released were yours - this one and ADM.

Keep it coming!
Old 11-28-2011, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks. Much nicer looking

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you force SageTV to update its list of plugins available? The newest plugin I show is dated 11/22.

Thanks in advance for this effort, though! Looking forward to getting rid of the sun at night.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Love the plugin. Have an idea that you might consider. If you use this class and have the user enter the info for the constructor (longitude, latitude and get time zone) then you would be able to use this class or a custom version to tell if it is before or after sunrise and sunset instead of the options properties for times. Just an idea I thought you might want to think about.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 11-28-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Love the plugin. Have an idea that you might consider. If you use this class and have the user enter the info for the constructor (longitude, latitude and get time zone) then you would be able to use this class or a custom version to tell if it is before or after sunrise and sunset instead of the options properties for times. Just an idea I thought you might want to think about.
Thanks for the feedback and idea... I will look into this further.

k
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for this. Using Google weather so this is a nice improvement!

Regards
SageTV 7.1.9 on Win 7 Ultimate x86; Intel DH67CF, i3-2100T, 4GB DDR3, 60GB SSD, 8TB Drive Bender storage pool, blu-ray. 2x HD PVR (SA 4250HD firewire channel change), 2x HD200 extenders (external IR receiver mod, HD300 remotes).
Plugins: Custom Main Menu, Enable/Disable Favorites, Stock Manager, Web Interface, Mobile Web Interface, PlayOn
Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
How do you force SageTV to update its list of plugins available? The newest plugin I show is dated 11/22.

Thanks in advance for this effort, though! Looking forward to getting rid of the sun at night.
No one answered me <sniff>, but a restart of the SageTV service caused an update. Looks great so far! Thanks for doing this.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Sage User

Hi jusjoken,

Loving WIcons and the cleaner look that the original weather icons provide! As per your original post, I have been keeping track of some conditions that aren't mapping to icons using your plugin. I will contine to report additional unmapped conditions as (if) I notice any. Is there any additional information that you require? Thanks so much!

Google:
Overcast
Mostly Sunny
Rain

NWS:
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Partly Cloudy
Sunny
Mostly Cloudy
Showers Likely
Rain Likely
Chance Rain
Slight Chc Rain
Slight Chc Rain/Snow
Old 12-17-2011, 07:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberlewis View Post
Is there any additional information that you require? Thanks so much!

Google:
Overcast
Mostly Sunny
Rain

NWS:
Light Snow Fog/Mist
Partly Cloudy
Sunny
Mostly Cloudy
Showers Likely
Rain Likely
Chance Rain
Slight Chc Rain
Slight Chc Rain/Snow
Actually what I need is the URL that failed. If the UI displays a non sage icon directly from the URL it also writes a log entry with the URL. It is that entry I would need so I can create a mapping. You would need to have debug turned on and then have the issue occur and then send me the URL or the log itself.

As you can imagine I certainly covered generic conditions such as sunny etc so either we are getting an odd URL for your location, the condition URL is actually not sunny or something else is wrong.

K
Old 12-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Good Job, But what about 50% Precipitation!!!? LoL it still has an old image.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you put in the zip code 07424 and look at wednesday night you can see what I am talking about. and all my nights have a better looking icon, but the sun is still there for the night.

I guess that is for NWS... Sorry i just installed this now....

Last edited by The Truth; 12-18-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
If you put in the zip code 07424 and look at wednesday night you can see what I am talking about. and all my nights have a better looking icon, but the sun is still there for the night.

I guess that is for NWS... Sorry i just installed this now....
Good catch... WIcons 1.003 now has the missing icon AND thanks to you as I had not thought about it before... the NWS Forecasts for the Night entries will now display the Night icons (when they differ).

k
Old 12-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Good catch... WIcons 1.003 now has the missing icon AND thanks to you as I had not thought about it before... the NWS Forecasts for the Night entries will now display the Night icons (when they differ).

k
Did 1.003 get released? When I look in the plugin manager, I still only see version 1.001.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post
Did 1.003 get released? When I look in the plugin manager, I still only see version 1.001.

Thanks!
It's there... the tricky part is that the main plugin - the UI part - called WIcons did not need updating. The API that it uses was updated and should indicate as updated. It will be listed under WIconsAPI and under ALL or Library.

That one should show as having an update.

Perhaps in the future if this is too confusing I could update the UI plugin too which would then force the API to update... I guess we will see - I see that 89 users have updated so far but that is a small number of the original users that downloaded it.

k
Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Woo Hoo! Nice!!
Thanks for creating this - Weather indicators look MUCH better with these icons instead.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's there... the tricky part is that the main plugin - the UI part - called WIcons did not need updating. The API that it uses was updated and should indicate as updated. It will be listed under WIconsAPI and under ALL or Library.

That one should show as having an update.

Perhaps in the future if this is too confusing I could update the UI plugin too which would then force the API to update... I guess we will see - I see that 89 users have updated so far but that is a small number of the original users that downloaded it.

k
Ok. You are right I found the library update under the All Plugins view. It's definitely a non-intuitive experience - since you don't get a system message telling you about the update and the date on the library plugin is still 11/28.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Brian
Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Actually what I need is the URL that failed. If the UI displays a non sage icon directly from the URL it also writes a log entry with the URL. It is that entry I would need so I can create a mapping. You would need to have debug turned on and then have the issue occur and then send me the URL or the log itself.

As you can imagine I certainly covered generic conditions such as sunny etc so either we are getting an odd URL for your location, the condition URL is actually not sunny or something else is wrong.

K
Hi jusjoken,

OK, I apologize for the lag in getting you a response, but I kept forgetting to enable debug logging before I experienced a WIcons issue. I had debug logging enabled over the weekend and got a hit. Tho following is an example of what I am seeing in the debug logs with regards to the failed mapping for the Google condition of 'Sunny'. There are many instances of the error in the log, but I only included a couple since the differentiating factor is only the time of occurrence and the bracketed text:

Sun 2/5 12:36:53.731 [MiniUIServerConnection@fbd9c8] WIcons: unhandled url - please report 'http://www.google.com/ig/images/weather/sunny.gif'
Sun 2/5 12:36:53.752 [Fork-BASE-71232@cb27ab] WIcons: unhandled url - please report 'http://www.google.com/ig/images/weather/sunny.gif'

As you previously stated that you have mappings for these common conditions, it seems strange that I would be seeing the Google weather icons for things like 'Sunny' rather than the WIcon version. What makes things more bizarre is that sometime a restart of the SageTV service fixes/breaks the icon mapping.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

WIcons Update

I have updated the WIcons API to support the change NWS did (around July 1st I believe) to use png icons in their URLs. So the code needed a slight adjustment to ensure the Sage Icons still replace the NWS ones.

This only affects those using NWS forecasts.

k
Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Sage Icon

Can you add a new icon to represent "relentlessly, unmercifully, ridiculously, unbelievably HOT"? I've needed one of those for the past two weeks.

(YMMV depending where you live but it seems like most of the US has had the same weather)
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.