SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Pheonix Errors

Everything was working fine, then I did some updates, since then I keep getting these errors with Pheonix and I can no longer use the BMT web interface. I have uninstalled all the plugins, reinstalled them to no effect. I've tried the shift-reload trick, nada.
Restarting Sage turns up this error: "Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Pheonix\vfs\x-vfs.xml; Failed to find class instance for factory for sagex.pheonix.vfs.filters.BDFilter"
Also, "Error in VFS File: plugins\bmtweb\Pheonix\vfs\bmt.xml; unknown source: pheonix.view.primary.recordedtv"
When I try to access the BMT interface I get: "Failed to get status for: Phoenix" If I try to browse I get "Failed to get views for category null"

I am running windows 7 64-bit and would appreciate any help. I would hate to have to reinstall from scratch as it took me a long time to get it all working in the first place. I'm attaching the log file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (415.0 KB, 221 views)
Old 01-15-2012, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybee View Post
Everything was working fine, then I did some updates, since then I keep getting these errors with Pheonix and I can no longer use the BMT web interface. I have uninstalled all the plugins, reinstalled them to no effect. I've tried the shift-reload trick, nada.
Restarting Sage turns up this error: "Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Pheonix\vfs\x-vfs.xml; Failed to find class instance for factory for sagex.pheonix.vfs.filters.BDFilter"
Also, "Error in VFS File: plugins\bmtweb\Pheonix\vfs\bmt.xml; unknown source: pheonix.view.primary.recordedtv"
When I try to access the BMT interface I get: "Failed to get status for: Phoenix" If I try to browse I get "Failed to get views for category null"

I am running windows 7 64-bit and would appreciate any help. I would hate to have to reinstall from scratch as it took me a long time to get it all working in the first place. I'm attaching the log file.
Sounds like the plugin were not extracted correctly during the update process. I wish sagetv had a way to refresh/re-install plugins without having to remove everything, but I don't think such a thing exists. I think at this point you 2 have option...
1. Uninstall everything bmt/phoenix related, and then re-install
2. Manually download and extract the phoenix packages
Old 01-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Sage User

Pheonix Error

Thanks for the reply Stuckless. I have already tried option 1 so I guess I'll have to try the manual route. It does look like files are missing. Is there something in a FAQ somewhere on how to do a manual install? It may be a few days before I'll have time to play with it again. At least it does not stop the recordings or playback from happening.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Sage User

Solved

For anyone else that has the same issues here's how I solved it.

I found this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=57612&page=3 that tells how to do the manual phoenix install. Using these instructions I completely removed, Phoenix, BMT and Diamond. After re-adding Phoenix 4.9, the errors did not reappear. I then reinstalled BMT and Diamond.

With that working I found that any files I had added to the folders on my server were not appearing in Sage. I found that I had to remove any files I had added since this problem started, get Sage to rescan, then add the files back and scan again.

Now I think I have everything back working. One question though... In the instructions, step 7, it says to "Load the Phoenix STV in SageTV". I took this to mean to go to the install plugin in SageTV. This worked but is limited to loading the latest version. So what if I had wanted to go back to, say, 4.8?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Step 7 "Load the Phoenix STV in SageTV" means to go to the SageTV->Detailed Setup -> Advanced and load the Phoenix STV (switch from the native STV to the Phoenix STV)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't actually changed that setting but it was working fine. No more errors, for the time being anyway.