SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a "Try before you buy" option?
Yes, please 7 70.00%
No, thanks 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Sage Icon

Lightbulb Plugin: Squeezeslave

Hi,

I'm very pleased to announce you the "Squeezeslave" plugin which allows you to add headless squeezebox capabilities to your beloved SageTV extender.

Please follow the thread HERE for further information.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 01-27-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Removed support for old version
Old 01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage Expert

as a plugin does this now work with 100s or is it still 200 and 300 only?

Congrats on the quick evolution from idea to reality to plugin.

thanks
Clients: Wired: HD300, HD200, HD200 running Squeeze Slave, Placeshifters, HD200 (via wireless N bridge)
Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Sage Icon

Supported extenders: HD100????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
as a plugin does this now work with 100s or is it still 200 and 300 only?

Congrats on the quick evolution from idea to reality to plugin.

thanks
Good point, I forgot to mention that the plugin is for HD200 & HD300 only, however as announced here I will start development for the HD100 version at some point, but will let you know when.

In the meantime...

Is someone in the community willing to help? I need to access remotely one HD100 for development purposes. If you're serious about it with a very good internet connection and don't mind to leave the equipment on 24/7 for few weeks, please PM me with your interest and I will contact you when time will come.

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

New version available: Linux and Mac support added

I've just released version 1.0.1 which supports both Linux and Mac servers.

To make it working you simply have to follow these instructions:

Linux
====
1) login as root
2) edit "/etc/exports" adding the following line:
/opt/sagetv/server/plugins/squeezeslaveplayer *(ro,sync,no_subtree_check)
3) restart the NFS server

Mac
===
1) login as root
2) edit "/etc/exports" adding the following line:
/<SageTV-install-dir>/plugins/squeezeslaveplayer -ro -mapall=nobody
3) restart the NFS server

I haven't tried the Mac version as I don't have one, so if anyone could give it a go would be great

Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

HD100 porting status report

The porting of the Squeeze Slave Player to the HD100 is going well...actually better than I thought originally.

I reckon I will be able to complete the 8620 Linux driver in a couple of weeks max. The player has been ported and compiled (GNU 2.95.3) to ARM as well as the generic sound driver and they run as expected on the HD100 already.

On a side note, as I haven't received so far any feedback about this plugin, I can assume either everything is working as expected (I doubt it) or nobody is currently using it

I would like to hear your opinion and suggestion please...

many thanks
Eddy

Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

How can I get sound to play out hdmi I'm using an hd300?

Update:

The answer was in the other thread. Just have to start playback of an audio file and piause it. Then u can play from squeezeserver. This is awesome. Will it be possible to not have to do this whole pause thing in the future? This is really big achievement for the sage community!

Last edited by Gustovier; 01-31-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
How can I get sound to play out hdmi I'm using an hd300?

Update:

The answer was in the other thread. Just have to start playback of an audio file and piause it. Then u can play from squeezeserver. This is awesome. Will it be possible to not have to do this whole pause thing in the future? This is really big achievement for the sage community!
Yes, the audio playback on the HDMI output is on my wish list, at the moment, only analog and SP/DIF are supported.

thanks
Eddy

Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm using this plugin successfully on a HD200 with my squeezebox server. It's great for tunes in the garage.... and I use iPeng for my ipod touch to control it via wifi. Works pretty slick. And no need to power up the monitor / projector out in the shop just for tunes. Nice work.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirenut View Post
I'm using this plugin successfully on a HD200 with my squeezebox server. It's great for tunes in the garage.... and I use iPeng for my ipod touch to control it via wifi. Works pretty slick. And no need to power up the monitor / projector out in the shop just for tunes. Nice work.
Second that for Ipeng...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Sage Icon

I've only used ita little. I use the squeezebox ap on my tablet.
I have one small problem I am trying to document...ot sure exactly the sequence required. If I listen to music some via squeeze client, then switch to sage, I get chipmunks for music and recorded files. Switching back to the squeeze client and the frequency shift persists. have to do hard reset to get back to normal.
this is on the HD200. have not tried on my HD300.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
I've only used ita little. I use the squeezebox ap on my tablet.
I have one small problem I am trying to document...ot sure exactly the sequence required. If I listen to music some via squeeze client, then switch to sage, I get chipmunks for music and recorded files. Switching back to the squeeze client and the frequency shift persists. have to do hard reset to get back to normal.
this is on the HD200. have not tried on my HD300.
Hi, this is unfortunately expected see here for explanation.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

OK, so how do I STOP music squeeze playback?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
OK, so how do I STOP music squeeze playback?
Someone in the forum said (I think it was stanger89) that this is the closest you can get to a Logitech Squeezebox Receiver, so the music playback/pause/stop can be controlled by the squeeze server web interface or by any other client that support the squeeze protocol like the Boom or the Radio.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Sage Icon

HD100 European beta tester wanted please...

I'm looking for volunteers to start testing the HD100 version of this plugin.

Unfortunately the test cannot be performed stand alone so I need to have remote access to your HD100 and simultaneously a Skype call as you need to be my ears .

The reason why I need to have some volunteer from Europe is to minimize the time difference as the testing will be only performed on evenings and don't want to interfere with your sleep too.

If you are seriously willing to help please PM me with your interest

many thanks
Eddy

Old 02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Seems the next thing that really needs to be tackled is more on the sage side of things. This really requires a way to handle basic control from within the sage UI. Meaning, automatically stopping the music playback when media playback begins, and vice-versa. My initial thoughts on this are to handle send commands from the sage UI to the squeeze server... just not positive on the method best to use. I'm aware of the CLI (which is basically a telnet interface) and I think there is some sort of http based protocol as well - which, if functional for this feature, would probably be easier to integrate into the sageUI.

Handling some of this basic functionality at the UI level would potentially be able to work with traditional clients as well, as long as the player ID was set up in sage.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Seems the next thing that really needs to be tackled is more on the sage side of things. This really requires a way to handle basic control from within the sage UI. Meaning, automatically stopping the music playback when media playback begins, and vice-versa. My initial thoughts on this are to handle send commands from the sage UI to the squeeze server... just not positive on the method best to use. I'm aware of the CLI (which is basically a telnet interface) and I think there is some sort of http based protocol as well - which, if functional for this feature, would probably be easier to integrate into the sageUI.

Handling some of this basic functionality at the UI level would potentially be able to work with traditional clients as well, as long as the player ID was set up in sage.
You're right and I cannot stress enough that this plugin is not designed to work together with SageTV running on the extender, but must be used in mutual exclusion and also agree that e mutual exclusion mechanism must be implemented on both sides (in the squeeze player and in the sage plugin), this is particularly true for the HD100 where software libraries already present on the extender haven't got shared memory manager implemented as per the HD200/HD300, so when the HD100 is playing music via the squeeze slave the SageTV player must be shutdown completely and viceversa.

I've got already an idea on how circumvent this, however for the time being I'm concentratating the efforts on making this plugin running on the HD100 as well as the MVP (yes, you heard correctly I'm on it in parallel and making good progress too) and the main reason is to gather all the hardware specific differences/limitations/pitfalls in order to have a complete picture and provide an effective working solution.

There is still more to come...

Talking about HD100, I haven't got a reply from a EU volunteer beta tester yet...I think that there aren't many HD100 in Europe as in USA though, will see...

Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

In my use case, I would prefer all control to be handled by the sage side of the house. SqueezeSlave should always be running on all applicable clients, but be 'powered off' via the Squeeze Server when not in use. Then, you can, via a sage menu, turn the SqueezeSlave on (which will simply send a GET to the HTTP ui). It would then stay 'ON' until powered off via the squeeze server, or the Sage UI (upon playing media). I was already wanting to implement this on my client, so I'll see what it takes to do. It should en up being a relatively simple UI Mod, with the only property involved being the Squeeze Client ID associated with that sage client.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
In my use case, I would prefer all control to be handled by the sage side of the house. SqueezeSlave should always be running on all applicable clients, but be 'powered off' via the Squeeze Server when not in use. Then, you can, via a sage menu, turn the SqueezeSlave on (which will simply send a GET to the HTTP ui). It would then stay 'ON' until powered off via the squeeze server, or the Sage UI (upon playing media). I was already wanting to implement this on my client, so I'll see what it takes to do. It should en up being a relatively simple UI Mod, with the only property involved being the Squeeze Client ID associated with that sage client.
This is a good idea that will work with all clients and not just extenders, unfortunately it will not work on HD100 as I said before on that extender the squeeze slave player need exclusive use of the hardware, hence the two application even idling cannot run together under Linux.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Talking about HD100, I haven't got a reply from a EU volunteer beta tester yet...I think that there aren't many HD100 in Europe as in USA though, will see...
I've got two HD100's that I'm not likely to use. If you get desperate PM me your mailiing address and I'll send one to you.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I've got two HD100's that I'm not likely to use. If you get desperate PM me your mailiing address and I'll send one to you.

Tom
Blimey Tom, I don't know what to say... this is a very very generous offer of you, however I still hope that some user from the UK will positively respond to my call, otherwise will definitively consider your offer.

many thanks
Eddy

Tags
ipeng, remote, squeeze center, squeezebox, squeezeslave