SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
The rename itself is working but there is 1 caveat if you transcode the file to say mp4... it loses the metadata because it has no airingid... and it becomes imported.
I don't think there is anything that the renamer could do about that particular scenario. I typically use the renamer on movies/tv BEFORE I bring them into to sagetv... I don't think I've ever used it on recorded tv shows.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks that explains why I had to keep adding matchers when the title was more than 1 word. The TVDB had problems finding them.

I misunderstood I thought it would rename TV files. I am working on a batch script that will do the rename and add the aring id to the end.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Sage Expert

I know that this probably a really dumb question, but can this be run on recorded tv? Will the database be updated with the new name? I'm guessing not.

I'd really like to be able to rename my recordings to a more XBMC friendly type (Show Title - sxxexx - etc.mpg) so I can import my recordings into XBMC. Further down on my wishlist would be to also have the files copied to a directory per show based on title. I'd like to record using a local drive on the sage server but later rename the show, move it to a NAS drive, and have sage database updated to see that. Any ideas on how/if I could accomplish this?
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinki View Post
I know that this probably a really dumb question, but can this be run on recorded tv? Will the database be updated with the new name? I'm guessing not.

I'd really like to be able to rename my recordings to a more XBMC friendly type (Show Title - sxxexx - etc.mpg) so I can import my recordings into XBMC. Further down on my wishlist would be to also have the files copied to a directory per show based on title. I'd like to record using a local drive on the sage server but later rename the show, move it to a NAS drive, and have sage database updated to see that. Any ideas on how/if I could accomplish this?
It will probably rename SageTV recordings, but it will NOT update the SageTV database. Instead the recording will end be being re-imported into SageTV as a new file.

This tool doesn't move files, it just renames them.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

This never really worked too well for SagetV recordings I believe you go by file name... and do not poll Sage DB for correct title and episode etc... correct me if I am wrong. The lack of spaces between names in the files gave me weird results.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It will probably rename SageTV recordings, but it will NOT update the SageTV database. Instead the recording will end be being re-imported into SageTV as a new file.
I know that this is a long shot, but I have to ask: Would you consider adding this functionality (Rename in format 'Show Title - SxxExx - Episode Title' and update Sage DB to newly named files)?

This would breath new life into my hybrid Sage/XBMC set up leaving the only missing part being Live TV integration.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I know that this is a long shot, but I have to ask: Would you consider adding this functionality (Rename in format 'Show Title - SxxExx - Episode Title' and update Sage DB to newly named files)?

This would breath new life into my hybrid Sage/XBMC set up leaving the only missing part being Live TV integration.
It's not something that I have time for at the moment.

But, if the file has a .properties file, and you use the --renameArtififacts option (not sure if its enabled by default or not) then when the file is renamed, so is the .properties. When you tell sagetv to refresh media it "should" do a better of the import, since it has all of the metadata for the file in the .properties.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:43 AM
Sage Expert

Interesting. I'm guessing my tv recordings will end up back where they belong and renamed as I use BMT with the import as tv recordings option. Unfortunately I'm not sure that this approach will work totally as I would imagine things like sports, local news, etc would end up as regular imported videos (with the movies?!). This wouldn't work well with the family.

Sadly it looks more and more like I'll be moving to NPVR sooner than later. Thanks for giving it a look.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sadly it looks more and more like I'll be moving to NPVR sooner than later. Thanks for giving it a look.
I don't think anyone can fault you for moving on... I certainly don't.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
It's not something that I have time for at the moment.

But, if the file has a .properties file, and you use the --renameArtififacts option (not sure if its enabled by default or not) then when the file is renamed, so is the .properties. When you tell sagetv to refresh media it "should" do a better of the import, since it has all of the metadata for the file in the .properties.
Don't you need to create a properties file for each Recording.... either using the BMT web ui or CMT plugin because if you do not the default Phoenix property file created does not contain all the metadata.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Doesn't daily news and live sporting events get recorded by your TV tuners? If they're archive worthy, you may consider to rename your Impored Videos section to something more general like "Videos"; which is the default name for it. My family keeps everything but TV in there; such as, "Home Movies", "Music Videos", "Sports Clips", etc... even a section for recently downloaded YouTube videos".

Renamer works quite well for TV shows and Movies. Its all automated on my system... DirectoryWatch detects and new movies or TV shows that show up, renames them for me, and kicks off a SAGETV media scan. So all i do is drop a weirdly named TV or movie in a temp folder.. and within 15-20 seconds is renamed to the proper name, and end up under "Recorded TV" or in imported videos/movies section. The great thing about DirectoryWatch, it takes almost no system resources on my PC; even to keep track of multiple directories for new media clips.

Quote:
Interesting. I'm guessing my tv recordings will end up back where they belong and renamed as I use BMT with the import as tv recordings option. Unfortunately I'm not sure that this approach will work totally as I would imagine things like sports, local news, etc would end up as regular imported videos (with the movies?!). This wouldn't work well with the family.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 07-26-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Sage Expert

What I'm wishing for is a way to rename all of my recordings and still have them show up in the recordings section. While I haven't tried it, I'm assuming that BMT will not recognize things like local news, sports, etc as importable tv programs and will stick them in a place other than tv recordings. We would then have to dig them out of their other location rather than where they've always been.

It's not a big deal, but I've made the decision to move to XBMC frontends, and I really need my recordings to be named in a format that XBMC likes.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Do you use Gemstone?

Been awhile since I looked at it but thought you could have imports in the same view as recordings so from the UI perspective, looks the same.

Like I said, been awhile since I looked at Gemstone
Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I'm wishing for is a way to rename all of my recordings and still have them show up in the recordings section. While I haven't tried it, I'm assuming that BMT will not recognize things like local news, sports, etc as importable tv programs and will stick them in a place other than tv recordings. We would then have to dig them out of their other location rather than where they've always been.

It's not a big deal, but I've made the decision to move to XBMC frontends, and I really need my recordings to be named in a format that XBMC likes.
If I understand the process...

You have existing recording or future recordings that get recorded, and you want them to be renamed using this utility. If that's the case, I think what I proposed would still work.

First off, the renamer will probably fail on sports, news, etc, so it's likely those won't be affected at all, and will remain in their sagetv created names.

For tv shows that it does recognize, AND there is a .properties created by Phoenix already scraped the metadata (or sagetv created it automatically), then the properties would get renamed with the file, and when sagetv reimported the tv show under a new name it would use the existing properties, and it would show up as a recording.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm pretty sure that behavior is the default. At least that's how it works for me.. As long as the recorded TV program is a TV show, it will end up under TV Recordings. Movies end up under Video Imports.

As for local/live daily TV news and sports... Is there a reason why you don't just let SageTV record them and let SageTV handle that for you automatically? All you need is a cheap usb TV tuner and old fashioned TV antenna to record that kind of stuff in high quality HD.

You could get a general media Center front end like XMBC; but, then it wouldn't have any good native DVR capabilities. Most people actually use SageTV because it's really still the best solution for native DVR and Media Center support; especially if you have sageTV extenders. It's the only software that can even handle all my TV tuners

Quote:

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Sage Expert

@stuckless, I see what you're saying. I'll have to give it a shot.

@mkanet, I guess I wasn't clear. I am recording all of my content via tuners. I just want those recordings to have more XBMC friendly names while still being able to use them in Sage.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

You can rename the files anything you want, and sage SHOULD still pick them up properly, based on the metadata sage embeds in the file (this is assuming it is recorded by a natively supported sage tuner, and not a network tuner like SageDCT or R-5000HD).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Something else to consider as well... Phoenix Renamer supports a --cmd argument that enables you to call another command when the rename is complete. The command that is called is passed a single argument which the newly renamed file.

What is important about this, is that the environment for the called script will contain all the metadata for the file that is passed in, as environment variables. Each Phoenix Metadata variable, such as SeasonNumber or EpisodeNumber is exposed as PHOENIX_SEASONNUMBER and PHOENIX_EPISODENAME, etc.

So, using this knowledge you could easily write a batch file that uses that information to once again rename files, create directories, etc.

In my scenario, I typically use the --cmd arg to call a "move" script that moves my newly renamed file into it's TV series folder. --cmd is ONLY executed if the initial metadata lookup and rename was successful.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM

Hi,

So I tested the tool on a small subset of files and folders, but it seems to remove all my TV episodes that were aranged in Season folders and put all of them in one folder.
What would the syntax be to keep the files in season folders?

I also found that it does not work if your target folder contains a space in it.
My folder was "d:\1. Movies". I had to remove the space after the 1. to get it to work.

Otherwise, awesome tool.

Now all it needs is a mask for extensions of files I would like to delete at the same time, like .dat .nfo .txt etc.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaqua View Post
Hi,

So I tested the tool on a small subset of files and folders, but it seems to remove all my TV episodes that were aranged in Season folders and put all of them in one folder.
What would the syntax be to keep the files in season folders?
Typically I rename the file first, and then move to the correct folder. I also use an an external command on the rename to move it to the correct folder.

Quote:
I also found that it does not work if your target folder contains a space in it.
My folder was "d:\1. Movies". I had to remove the space after the 1. to get it to work.
Do you "quote" the path that is being ranmed? I'm pretty sure most of my folders have spaces.

Quote:
Now all it needs is a mask for extensions of files I would like to delete at the same time, like .dat .nfo .txt etc.
That's a good idea. Sadly, my life has been moving futher and further away from SageTV.... I'm not sure I'll be getting back to enhancements on this