SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Why do you need to pick a winner between Kodi and Plex when you can have them both by Installing the Plex Plugin in Kodi. That is what I have done NEXTPVR to Kodi + Plex Plugin. Also on a local network you can use the Plex Kodi Plugin and comskip will work. .... by setting the playback option in Plex Plugin to SMB. Just make sure Comskip ini has this option .... edl_skip_field=3...
I did not know there was a Plex Plugin. I downloaded it last night and played with it but...I am not really sure what this is for. If I put my Library in a format that Plex can use then I can import all the content in to Kodi directly as well. Why would I use the Plex addon when I can just use the Plex client and get the full experience? What am I missing? I could always setup the Plex server as a UPnP device in Kodi but same question as to why if I can get a Plex app. (Which I can for just about everything)

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
I did not know there was a Plex Plugin. I downloaded it last night and played with it but...I am not really sure what this is for. If I put my Library in a format that Plex can use then I can import all the content in to Kodi directly as well. Why would I use the Plex addon when I can just use the Plex client and get the full experience? What am I missing? I could always setup the Plex server as a UPnP device in Kodi but same question as to why if I can get a Plex app. (Which I can for just about everything)
I prefer the KODI pvr functionality over PLex..... but I like the way PLEX handles watched statuses etc. across different clients. I found that using the Plex plugin alleviates the scanning of libraries on my raspberry pi clients. I also use the X-NEWA for NEXTPVR Kodi plugin to View Livetv on KODI not available in Plex. If you do not use the plugin and add Plex through UPnP you do not get fanart or descriptions etc...

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-24-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I prefer the KODI pvr functionality over PLex..... but I like the way PLEX handles watched statuses etc. across different clients. I found that using the Plex plugin alleviates the scanning of libraries on my raspberry pi clients. I also use the X-NEWA for NEXTPVR Kodi plugin to View Livetv on KODI not available in Plex. If you do not use the plugin and add Plex through UPnP you do not get fanart or descriptions etc...
I am using MySQL on the Windows 8.1 machine that serves as the house server to share the Kodi Video and Music Library with the HTPC clients. I use Watchdog on the server and the NextPVR recording get loaded to Kodi right after the ImageGrabLite runs after the recording. Since comskip runs first it can be an hour before they actually show up if there are a lot of recording going on at once. But they show pretty soon after the recording on the HTPCs.

The MySQL share does not seem to work with the Fire Stick. It picks up the shows but will not play. I think it is the UNIX file system authentication. I might be able to fix this by adding a login Id to the scan on the house server but have not tried that yet.

I actually find the TV integration to be kind of annoying at times. I always use the X-NEWA app for Live TV or the few shows that will not scan into the Library. I was going to turn off TV support on everything. I don't think it is required for the X-NEWA app to work. The only issue I had so far with X-NEWA was on the Fire Stick. Live TV launches with a player with no option to stop it. I have to go to the home screen and kill Kodi. Works fine if you start a recording and watch in progress but if you just select watch from the guide you are stuck.

I will have try the raspberry pi. I put XBMC on it awhile back and it worked but I have never tested it with the current NextPVR setup.

Last edited by SWKerr; 02-24-2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWKerr View Post
For Plex you may want to look at the Plex Scanner plugin. It works pretty well and allows you to add most of your TV library to Plex without renaming the files. It is not perfect but adds almost everything to Plex without changing the SageTV Library. I went the rename route because I wanted to use XBMC\Kodi as well.

Personally I use Xbox Ones and the HDMI pass-thru to my HTPCs on the Big TVs so I can use the Xbox for my online apps but can switch quickly to the HTPC for Kodi or SageTV. (There is also a Plex app for the Xbox)
Where can I find a Plex Scanner. I checked their forums and see posts for custom scanners. Is there a basic TV scanner that I can add? I'm not familiar with the plugin process for Plex but this sounds like the way I'd like to start. If I can avoid renaming files at all and manually correct the ones that don't scan, I would prefer it.

I also use an HTPC-Xbox One setup and I'm trying to avoid going to the TV app for anything other than PC maintenance and web browsing. My SageTV media playing isn't great for videos thanks to some Codec hassles so I'm trying to see if I can stay in the Xbox front-end for TV/Movie watching. Hence, my Plex interest.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Where can I find a Plex Scanner. I checked their forums and see posts for custom scanners. Is there a basic TV scanner that I can add? I'm not familiar with the plugin process for Plex but this sounds like the way I'd like to start. If I can avoid renaming files at all and manually correct the ones that don't scan, I would prefer it.

I also use an HTPC-Xbox One setup and I'm trying to avoid going to the TV app for anything other than PC maintenance and web browsing. My SageTV media playing isn't great for videos thanks to some Codec hassles so I'm trying to see if I can stay in the Xbox front-end for TV/Movie watching. Hence, my Plex interest.
Here is the forum post:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57842

Link to the code for Plex.
https://code.google.com/p/sagetv-for-plexmediacenter/

It relies on some plugins on the SAS server but the how to install instructions and pre-requisites are on the google code site.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I just started messing with this utility and I'm getting:

WARN - Cannot rename Ali-16989442-0.ts since there is no metadata search cache hit
WARN - Cannot rename AliensvsPredatorRequiem-12823703-0.ts since there is no metadata

What do each of these warning mean? Problem with the Sage DB? IMDB lookup failure? Properties file issue?

Also, assuming there are no warnings, if I had a single folder (D:\Recordings\) with movies and multiple TV shows recorded by Sage, would the --renameDirectories result in D:\Recordings being renames to the first successful recording rename and all other movies and TV shows would now be in that new directory? Or, would each movie and TV show be placed into its own folder?

Finally, does anyone know of a way to get the TV show's originating year into either the folder or file name? I'm running into a number of issues with identically named TV shows: Doctor Who, Castle, and Last Man Standing, for example.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-06-2015, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you try running those movies through BMT and using Find Metadata? It looks like they don't have enough data to allow renaming this should fix that.

Same thing for Doctor Who, etc - when you use Find Metadata and do a search it should come up with several series with the year in brackets. You can update that and it should fix it for you.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Did you try running those movies through BMT and using Find Metadata? It looks like they don't have enough data to allow renaming this should fix that.

Same thing for Doctor Who, etc - when you use Find Metadata and do a search it should come up with several series with the year in brackets. You can update that and it should fix it for you.
I must not be understanding what you're suggesting because both Ali and AvP came up correctly when I searched for them in BMT. All metadata was correctly filled in and fan art was downloaded.

Thinking as I write here... Does the location matter? Because I'm testing this tool out, I copied the recordings and associated files to a folder Sage isn't aware of and ran it on those copies, so that the originals don't get screwed up. But, one of the other show episodes I copied worked just fine, so I'm not so sure that's the issue.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-07-2015, 06:44 AM
SageTVaholic

New Version 1.0.9

I added a couple of features to the renamer (mainly for my own use cases) and i've moved the project GitHub with more documentation on how how to use it.

Download it from here
https://github.com/stuckless/phoenix-renamer/releases

GitHub homepage (with documentation)
https://github.com/stuckless/phoenix-renamer

This release is 1.0.9 and I added the following
* Added ability to watch a folder for new files and rename them when the arrive
* Added ability to run a command when the rename fails
* Added ability to specify a movie and tv output directory into which the rename will happen
* If the destination file mask contains directory separators (forward slash /) then those directories will be created, if they do not exist.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I added a couple of features to the renamer (mainly for my own use cases) and i've moved the project GitHub with more documentation on how how to use it.

Download it from here

GitHub homepage (with documentation)
https://github.com/stuckless/phoenix-renamer

This release is 1.0.9 and I added the following
* Added ability to watch a folder for new files and rename them when the arrive
* Added ability to run a command when the rename fails
* Added ability to specify a movie and tv output directory into which the rename will happen
* If the destination file mask contains directory separators (forward slash /) then those directories will be created, if they do not exist.
Haven't tried this yet, but a question about the folder monitoring. What is the behavior if a rename fails (due to write permissions, for instance the file still being opened for writing). Will it continue to try again until the rename succeeds, or will it give up on that file?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-07-2015, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Haven't tried this yet, but a question about the folder monitoring. What is the behavior if a rename fails (due to write permissions, for instance the file still being opened for writing). Will it continue to try again until the rename succeeds, or will it give up on that file?
The short answer is that if it fails to rename, then it is skipped.

But, the way the watchDir works is that when it sees a new file added, it then will monitor that file every --watchSeconds for activity. When it sees that the file is no longer changing, then it will try to rename it.

I'll likely add some retry behaviours to this over time, but for now, this was the base functionality that I needed

You can, as well, use the --cmd-failed to execute a script when it fails. So, the script could send a message to your phone via pushbullet api (use curl + commandline args to send a pushbullet message)... or send an email, etc.

The documenation was pretty sparse before... I'm hoping the new github page with documentation is much more helpful.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

My concern wasn't about being notified of a failure, but if I have a transcode job, or rip job, etc going, I don't want it to decide it needs to rename in the middle of the job, then it never tried again later. I've gotten around limitations like this in the past by transcoding or ripping to a temporary folder on the same drive, then moving it in (which is near instantaneous).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My concern wasn't about being notified of a failure, but if I have a transcode job, or rip job, etc going, I don't want it to decide it needs to rename in the middle of the job, then it never tried again later. I've gotten around limitations like this in the past by transcoding or ripping to a temporary folder on the same drive, then moving it in (which is near instantaneous).
I think in both of those cases, you'd be safe. The "watcher" basically checks if the file sizes are different between this check and the last check, and if they are, then it wait and then check again in --watchSeconds later. So, if a file is being ripped, or copied, it should not attempt to rename it, until the entire file is there.

keep in mind --watchSeconds is not how often it checks for new files (new files re picked up immediately)... but rather its the period of time between checks, once it knows about a new file, before it will do the rename.

The only place this would attempt to rename an incomplete file is if the process that is writing to the file, doesn't write any new data to the file within --watchSeconds value.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:29 AM

Problems in Linux

I am running into some problems using the renamer tool on Linux (Ubuntu). When executing, I get the following message:

Code:
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
INFO - Phoenix Standalone is online and ready for commands
INFO - Renaming Boy.mkv to Boy new.mkv
WARN - Cannot rename Boy.mkv
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD/Boy$
When running the .EXE from Windows, the tool is running fine.

When I look at the logfile, I see:

Code:
INFO - No Release Info for US; using first in list: DK;
INFO - Skipping Fanart since We are the fanart provider
INFO - Renaming Boy.mkv to Boy new.mkv
WARN - failed to rename sagex.phoenix.vfs.impl.FileMediaFile [Id: \srv\usenet\HD\Boy\Boy.mkv, Title: Boy.mkv]
java.lang.Exception: Failed to rename Boy new.mkv
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.PhoenixRenamer.rename(PhoenixRenamer.java:469)
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.PhoenixRenamer.processMediaFile(PhoenixRenamer.java:292)
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.PhoenixRenamer.processResource(PhoenixRenamer.java:237)
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.PhoenixRenamer.run(PhoenixRenamer.java:226)
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.PhoenixRenamer.main(PhoenixRenamer.java:207)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
        at sagex.phoenix.standalone.JarRunner.main(JarRunner.java:60)
The only thing strange I noticed is that the ID seems to use backslashes instead of slashes?
Old 08-13-2015, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Paul View Post
I am running into some problems using the renamer tool on Linux (Ubuntu). When executing, I get the following message:
The only thing strange I noticed is that the ID seems to use backslashes instead of slashes?
Are you running the latest version, 1.09, I think

This problem seems vaguely familar (since I run ubuntu) and I thought I fixed it.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:05 AM

Yes, I downloaded the 1.0.9 version.

Just to be sure I downloaded it again and tried anew. Same story.

Code:
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD/Boy$ /srv/net/tmp/PhoenixTools-1.0.9/PhoenixTools/phoenix-renamer  *.mkv
INFO - Phoenix Home: /srv/net/tmp/PhoenixTools-1.0.9/PhoenixTools
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
INFO - Renaming Boy.mkv to Boy (2011).mkv
I tried running as root too, but no solution there. I looked in the sourcecode but it just seems to go wrong at the rename - and no error code to indicate where the problem originates (apart from the backslashes which seem strange to me, but I'm not a Java coder).
Old 08-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Strange behaviour

Hm, I found at something else. Look at this log:

Code:
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD$ /srv/net/tmp/PhoenixTools-1.0.9/PhoenixTools/phoenix-renamer  Boy/*.mkv
INFO - Renamed /srv/usenet/HD/Boy/Boy.mkv to Boy/Boy (2011).mkv
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD$ cd Boy
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD/Boy$ mv Boy*.mkv Boy.mkv
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD/Boy$ /srv/net/tmp/PhoenixTools-1.0.9/PhoenixTools/phoenix-renamer  *.mkv
So, I cannot rename from within the directory, but from another path I can! Strange...
Old 08-13-2015, 12:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Paul View Post
Hm, I found at something else. Look at this log:

Code:
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD$ /srv/net/tmp/PhoenixTools-1.0.9/PhoenixTools/phoenix-renamer  Boy/*.mkv
INFO - Renamed /srv/usenet/HD/Boy/Boy.mkv to Boy/Boy (2011).mkv
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD$ cd Boy
paul@Orakel3:/srv/usenet/HD/Boy$ mv Boy*.mkv Boy.mkv
So, I cannot rename from within the directory, but from another path I can! Strange...
Actuallly that great troubleshooting... I only every use it in the same directory (ie, the way it worked), so I've never run into this issue. I'm guessing I have a "relative path" issue in there. If you could, woud you open a bug, at
https://github.com/stuckless/phoenix-renamer/issues

That way i won't forget about it
Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Sage Icon

Testing this on a few files but having a problem.
* Windows running a .bat file

Example File:
"Bones - S10E20 - The Woman in the Whirlpool.mpg"

This works fine: (Moves to the TV folder without issue)
c:
cd \Data\PhoenixTools
phoenix-renamer --renameArtifacts --tvOutDir "G:\Temp\TV" G:\Temp

But...when I try to add a mask I have problems.

Using:
c:
cd \Data\PhoenixTools
phoenix-renamer --tvMask '${MediaTitle} - S${SeasonNumber:%02d}E${EpisodeNumber:%02d} - ${EpisodeName}' --tvOutDir "G:\Temp\TV" G:\Temp

Output = "Bones (2001).mpg"

I thought started with the mask from the example but it still does not work for me.
What am I doing wrong???

Note: Ultimately I would like to put the file in a directory named after the series title if possible.

Last edited by SWKerr; 09-07-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Answered my own question! Just needed to post before I could solve it.
(') single quote is bad! Needed "

c:
cd \Data\PhoenixTools
phoenix-renamer --tvMask "${MediaTitle}/${MediaTitle} - S${SeasonNumber:%02d}E${EpisodeNumber:%02d} - ${EpisodeName}" --tvOutDir "G:\Temp\TV" G:\Temp