SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Disc Cleanup Against Wiz.bin?

Just lost one of my 2-TB drives dedicated to RecordedTV.

I'm in the process of recovering to a new drive, but the backup I am recovering from is at least a week old - so it's a sure thing that I will wind up with quite a few programs on the new drive that have been deleted from Sage's DB in the ensuing time.

Is there a way to compare Wiz.bin's list with the drive's directory and spot the orphans?

How about the other way around: clean up Sage's list to delete programs where the file is missing?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Capture: 3 Silicon Dust HomeRun tuner boxes (6 tuners total)
Program Source: OTA antenna
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

The metadata will be embedded in the recording so all of the recordings should automatically be restored.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
The metadata will be embedded in the recording so all of the recordings should automatically be restored.
Got it: no need...

Thanks!

What about ID-ing the Sage entries where there is no file?

Or is that self-healing too?
Storage: NetGear Ultra-6 NAS 10 TB total w/dual redundancy. Plus 5tb QNAP for RecordedTV.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Self healing on that too, as long as the physical path still exists and Sage can see that the file is no longer there.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCress View Post
Is there a way to compare Wiz.bin's list with the drive's directory and spot the orphans?
I just some thing close to this. Check your Video area and list by folder, scroll to bottom. Any unassigned TV shows will be there. (Very easy to see if you only import upper directories for videos, as they will only ones at the "root" level.) (i.e. on my system, normally in folder view, I only have folders A-Z and one more folder with all my TV shows, call TV_Shows, so any "lost" recording stand out like a sore thumb, maybe even better)

You can used BMT to get them data and mark them as "recordings". They will then be in the archive area of your recordings.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
Check your Video area and list by folder, scroll to bottom. Any unassigned TV shows will be there.
Thanks! Didn't find any from this little debacle, but I had always wondered (not being the brightest bulb on the tree...) what those nine TV-program-sounding titles had been doing there for the past year or so....

Also, FWIW, just for good measure I killed the SageTV service, opened SageTV.Properties, and did the seeker/disable_root_path_existence_check=true thing.