SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Went from Phoenix to Gemstone - Phoenix UI keeps loading

So I've installed Gemstone, but every time I turn my HD300 back on, the UI that loads by default is Phoenix.

Can I disable Phoenix outright or does Gemstone use any parts of Phoenix.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Last edited by uberpixel; 10-13-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Sage Icon

You will need to go into settings and then advanced and pick the Gemstone.xml STV file to load. Or go back to the SageTV7.xml STV and select the option to load Gemstone from the main menu item.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
You will need to go into settings and then advanced and pick the Gemstone.xml STV file to load. Or go back to the SageTV7.xml STV and select the option to load Gemstone from the main menu item.
I tried picking the Gemstone STV... It just wouldn't take. When I powered off or picked "Main Menu" it would go back to Phoenix.

I think I've fixed it now by picking the default SageTV7.xml first then picking Gemstone. It still reverted a couple of times, but for whatever reason, it's sticking with Gemstone now.

-uberpixel
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberpixel View Post
I tried picking the Gemstone STV... It just wouldn't take. When I powered off or picked "Main Menu" it would go back to Phoenix.

I think I've fixed it now by picking the default SageTV7.xml first then picking Gemstone. It still reverted a couple of times, but for whatever reason, it's sticking with Gemstone now.

-uberpixel
Any trick to this? Mine keeps reverting to Phoenix as well, no matter how many times I re-load SageTV7 or Gemstone xml's.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Any trick to this? Mine keeps reverting to Phoenix as well, no matter how many times I re-load SageTV7 or Gemstone xml's.
Ended the sagetv service, edited the sageclient.properties file to remove any mention of Phoenix (including an interestingly named autoreload phoenix entry), pointed current and past STV entries to SageTV7.xml, and reloaded Gemstone from the default SageTV7 menu, and seems to have fixed it....

(I didn't want to uninstall Phoenix as other clients are still using it...I want to get Gemstone ready on an experimental client first before running production