SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
I uninstalled phoenix and it's dependencies then uninstalled gson.jar. Rebooted, checked jar directory gson.jar was gone. reinstalled all removed plugins and it reinstalled gson-1.7.1.jar again, not a newer version. Any ideas how to get around this?
Try installing this log collector and email me (metadatatools at gmail dot com)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NvbGxlY3RvciJd
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Sage Icon

Here are some random observations...

- The accentuated characters are appearing as a question mark in a white lozenge...

- The app doesn't support landscape...

- You should grab(put) the client's name from(in) the Sage.properties if it exists, as in:

sagex/uicontexts/00085c53a2e4/name=myHD100

which has been adopted by a few SageTV plugin authors...

- On a Nexus 7, you're not using the full width...

- With the default STV, the "Watch on TV" is indeed windowed and not handling the screensaver.
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-01-2012, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Here are some random observations...

- The accentuated characters are appearing as a question mark in a white lozenge...

- The app doesn't support landscape...

- You should grab(put) the client's name from(in) the Sage.properties if it exists, as in:

which has been adopted by a few SageTV plugin authors...

- With the default STV, the "Watch on TV" is indeed windowed and not handling the screensaver.
Thanks... I have a couple of questions...

Quote:
So, it would appear that I'm not UTF-8 encoding the reply on the server, I'll look into that... I don't think I'm doing anything different for sagex apis vs phoenix apis, but I'll check them both to make sure that I'm UTF-8 encoding the data. I'm assuming that you are referring to the data that I'm sending from the server, since I haven't locallized the app to another language, yet. (Maybe I'll get my kids to create a French translation... since they speak french -- I don't )

Code:
- The app doesn't support landscape... ;)
Yeah, I haven't tackled any tablet and landscape optimizations. I assume by not supporting landscape, you mean that it will just fill the screen width instead of using a custom layout. (ie, switching to landscape works for me, it's just ugly). As for the Nexus 7... I have a nexus 7 as well, and I did put in a quick layout there to cap the width on the tablet since it looks really bad on a tablet. Also the images become REALLY large, since they are automatically scaled on the server, and with a 720width for for banners, Android runs out of memory pretty quickly SO, in a nutshell, I need to do lots of work there, but it's going to be pushed off a little.

Code:

which has been adopted by a few SageTV plugin authors... ;)
Given that It's listed under sagex/unicontexts, then I suspect I may already be aware of it I'll update my phoenix api, Get/SetUIContextNames, to look here as well. Currently it's only looking in the webserver/extender.properties to pull the names. It also saves it there as well. I'll change it to look in both and to update both. Btw, in the app, when you pull up the client names, you can long press on the client to rename it (until I get the api updated)

Quote:
I'm not really sure what to do there. I'll see if there is a deactivate screensaver command (or IsScreenSaverActive api). As for the windowed play... again, not sure why Phoenix and the Default STV behave differently here... I did add the code that you posted my play command.

Thanks for posting your feedback.

And a note to anyone... If you have some ideas on how landscape and tablet layout UI should look, then feel free to post some mock ups of what you'd like to see. I've had a couple of suggestions for the main menu as well.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm assuming that you are referring to the data that I'm sending from the server, since I haven't locallized the app to another language, yet.
Right, I haven't localized most of my apps either.

Quote:
I assume by not supporting landscape, you mean that it will just fill the screen width instead of using a custom layout.
No, it always stays in portrait mode, even if started in landscape...

Quote:
Also the images become REALLY large, since they are automatically scaled on the server, and with a 720width for for banners, Android runs out of memory pretty quickly
Right, the app at work required some work around for big images. In principle, only the rows displayed on screen are actually loaded in memory, so it shouldn't run out of memory. If you are pre-loading them all, then it's a different story...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No, it always stays in portrait mode, even if started in landscape...
This is interesting... I just tried on my Galaxy Nexus phone, it switches between landscape and portrait just fine... what device are you using?

Quote:
Right, the app at work required some work around for big images. In principle, only the rows displayed on screen are actually loaded in memory, so it shouldn't run out of memory. If you are pre-loading them all, then it's a different story...
Yeah I only load as needed and it's not really the app that runs out of memory as much as it's the image decoder (android) that sometime will throw an error when decoding really large images I noticed it more when using the Nexus 7 in landscape mode since the banners were 1280px wide
Old 11-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This is interesting... I just tried on my Galaxy Nexus phone, it switches between landscape and portrait just fine... what device are you using?
On my Nexus 7, so it's strange that you are not seeing it...
Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I'm on an HTC vivid and display seems to rotate just fine... same on an asus transformer tablet....
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I just tested on my Nexus 7 as well.... You might notice that NO apps are rotate (mine couldn't) and then I noticed that in my pull down notifications, the screen was locked (it's the icon beside the settings) I changed it and now it can rotate.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You might notice that NO apps are rotate (mine couldn't) and then I noticed that in my pull down notifications, the screen was locked
Actually, my own apps were rotating just fine, though I guess I might not be respecting some newer lock or something...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually, my own apps were rotating just fine, though I guess I might not be respecting some newer lock or something...
Did you verify if the tablet rotation lock icon was on? And was that the problem for you? Also in your apps, you handle the configuration changes yourself or do you let the OS manage then? I tend to not handle configuration changes, unless I want to prevent an app from rotating.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Good Luck John... I've seen some of the pictures of the devastation....
We are more fortunate than a lot of people. No major damage, just no power.

Thanks,
John
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 11-02-2012, 08:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
We are more fortunate than a lot of people. No major damage, just no power.

Thanks,
John
That's good to hear.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did you verify if the tablet rotation lock icon was on? And was that the problem for you?
Yes, that was it. Probably something they added for the tablets with Android 3 or 4, ...

Quote:
Also in your apps, you handle the configuration changes yourself or do you let the OS manage then?
Typically I have different layouts for portrait and landscape, so I do have some code for it.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not sure I asked... but do you have sagex services installed?

ie, in your browser, can you go to the url,

Code:
http://ip:port/sagex/api
And does it return a page?
We finally got power back and I was able to test. Problem solved. I did not have sagex services installed.

But I am now getting an interesting result. I imported some mkv files as TV shows to replace the ones I missed when power was out. They do not show on the Android. Is this because of the mkv filetype?

Thanks,
John
Old 11-07-2012, 07:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
We finally got power back and I was able to test. Problem solved. I did not have sagex services installed.

But I am now getting an interesting result. I imported some mkv files as TV shows to replace the ones I missed when power was out. They do not show on the Android. Is this because of the mkv filetype?

Thanks,
John
Do they show in Phoenix/BMT? Whether or not they show would depend on a couple of things...
1. Did they import as TV files? Or are they showing up as movies?
2. When you added the files, did you tell sagetv to refresh its media so that the media library gets updated?

My tv shows are a mix of mkv and recorded shows... so it's not an issue of file type, but rather, if they've been imported correctly, and which "view" you are using to show the files?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

I found it. They did import as TV shows, but the "archive" flag was on. I cleared the flag and it worked fine.

Thanks,
John
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I found it. They did import as TV shows, but the "archive" flag was on. I cleared the flag and it worked fine.

Thanks,
John
You can also edit the menus in the Menu Manager, and add an All TV view that includes archived tv and regular tv. (you can also create your own view, manually, on the server, and then use that view, which is what I do... I have views for "Unwatched TV Shows" , etc)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
You can also edit the menus in the Menu Manager, and add an All TV view that includes archived tv and regular tv. (you can also create your own view, manually, on the server, and then use that view, which is what I do... I have views for "Unwatched TV Shows" , etc)
I just found that. It works really nice.

Thanks,
John
Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Out of curiosity, could you send text to an extender via this app? I was thinking that if this is the case you could now enable SageTV for voice commands via Google Voice. Speak into the Phone/Tablet, Google translates it to text then you hit send to have Sage find your Youtube video for example.

Just thinking that would be kind of cool if it's possible.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Out of curiosity, could you send text to an extender via this app? I was thinking that if this is the case you could now enable SageTV for voice commands via Google Voice. Speak into the Phone/Tablet, Google translates it to text then you hit send to have Sage find your Youtube video for example.

Just thinking that would be kind of cool if it's possible.
Voice commands would be cool. Its not on my short list... but it is something that I can see myself experimenting with at some point.