SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I just got my Nexus 7 32 gig delivery. Is there a process or an application that I need to Install applications to it via usb? I downloaded the PhoenixApp-3.apk but do not know what is needed to Install it.

PS I have the STVRemote installed and working through the store.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I just got my Nexus 7 32 gig delivery. Is there a process or an application that I need to Install applications to it via usb? I downloaded the PhoenixApp-3.apk but do not know what is needed to Install it.

PS I have the STVRemote installed and working through the store.
Typically when you download the apk via the browser it will ask to install it... It will probably ask you to allow disable the setting the only allows apps from the google store.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Typically when you download the apk via the browser it will ask to install it... It will probably ask you to allow disable the setting the only allows apps from the google store.
Thanks I got it installed trying to configure it... having problems connecting I will keep trying.

on the Host Port

I put in

192.168.0.9:8080 is this correct ? I get unable to connect to server.

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

The host and port are in 2 separate fields and make sure that you have sagex-services installed on the server.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The host and port are in 2 separate fields and make sure that you have sagex-services installed on the server.
I got it to connect to my client just have to work on the server I probably need a reboot.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

I am trying to Install sageex-services 7.1.9.14 and am getting this error
failed zip extraction of http://customsagetv.google.googlecod...s-7.1.9.14.zip
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Sage Expert

For unrelated reasons, I did a factory recent of my phone a couple days ago. I've been reinstalling and configuring apps, and I finally got to the phoenix remote app.

The app appears to detect my server, but the IP address it comes up with isn't correct -- I think it's detecting it at the IP address of my cablecard tuner. The main problem, however, is that if I try to edit the connection details, the app crashes.

Long-press on item -> options list comes up, choose "edit" -> crash.

The same thing happens if I touch the "+" icon to enter a server manually.

I'm puzzled, because it worked fine earlier in the week.

Edit: I uninstalled the app, re-installed the first beta you posted, and it worked fine for configuring my server settings. Then I reinstalled the latest version and it still works, because the settings are now correct. However, if I choose to change servers and then press "+" to create a new item, it crashes like before.

Last edited by Dargason; 11-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

So I'm playing around with this in a tryptophan induced stupor wondering if making that 100 item ceiling a configurable option for those of us that want to fiddle with that setting?

Also wonder if once play on tv was selected, if by chance a small remote control set of buttons for basic stuff like pause/stop/rew/ff could be put on the bottom of the screen to just deal with the real basic controls? My TV is going to be too far away from the client for IR/USB repeaters so a wifi remote integration in this app would be truly awesome!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargason View Post
For unrelated reasons, I did a factory recent of my phone a couple days ago. I've been reinstalling and configuring apps, and I finally got to the phoenix remote app.

The app appears to detect my server, but the IP address it comes up with isn't correct -- I think it's detecting it at the IP address of my cablecard tuner. The main problem, however, is that if I try to edit the connection details, the app crashes.

Long-press on item -> options list comes up, choose "edit" -> crash.

The same thing happens if I touch the "+" icon to enter a server manually.

I'm puzzled, because it worked fine earlier in the week.

Edit: I uninstalled the app, re-installed the first beta you posted, and it worked fine for configuring my server settings. Then I reinstalled the latest version and it still works, because the settings are now correct. However, if I choose to change servers and then press "+" to create a new item, it crashes like before.
My apologies for not responding sooner. I didn't see your post until now Did you ever get this working? If not, what device and android version are you using? If the phone is rooted, then perhaps you can install a log capture utility and send me a log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesquid View Post
So I'm playing around with this in a tryptophan induced stupor wondering if making that 100 item ceiling a configurable option for those of us that want to fiddle with that setting?

Also wonder if once play on tv was selected, if by chance a small remote control set of buttons for basic stuff like pause/stop/rew/ff could be put on the bottom of the screen to just deal with the real basic controls? My TV is going to be too far away from the client for IR/USB repeaters so a wifi remote integration in this app would be truly awesome!
Those are good suggestions... I've added them to the list.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

New Build

I've uploaded a new build of the Phoenix App... Nothing major, just a few UI tweaks, and some animations to spice it up.

http://sagephoenix.googlecode.com/fi...oenixApp-4.apk
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've uploaded a new build of the Phoenix App... Nothing major, just a few UI tweaks, and some animations to spice it up.

http://sagephoenix.googlecode.com/fi...oenixApp-4.apk
I just Installed this on my Nexus very impressive I am able to stream videos. Is there an android player that you recommend that plays all types of files. I am using vmplayer.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Is there an android player that you recommend that plays all types of files. I am using vmplayer.
I haven't found any that works for everything, but you might want to try Mirage beta and MX Player...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just installed this app and it looks great. I have read all of the postings and have a question about transcoding. How are users transcoding their recordings? Are they manually performing it or is it automated in some way? My recording device is an hdhomerun recording OTA HD shows. I would love to find a way to transcode my kids shows so that they could watch them via this app. Is there a way to restrict the TV shows displayed? The playback device is a Nexus 7.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited by seaverd; 12-31-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

You can always proactively transcode all your kids favorites anyways. I use sage's autoconvert feature on those favorites - saves space, as they have a LOT recorded, and don't care about the quality as much. Just find a setting that works well for your nexus (I'll be doing the same shortly, as both my daughters acquired Nexus 7's for Christmas as well.) As for limiting the selections, I haven't downloaded a newer version of this app yet, but I was undert he impression he was basing it on Phoenix VFS, which means once the ability is unlocked to do so, you'll be able to make a custom Phoenix VFS view to limit/sort/group it however you want.

(On a somewhat unrelated note, I'd love to get a look at the google fiber app that they provide on the customer's nexus7's, and see just how 'sagetv7 compatible' it can be made.. :-)

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverd View Post
I just installed this app and it looks great. I have read all of the postings and have a question about transcoding. How are users transcoding their recordings? Are they manually performing it or is it automated in some way? My recording device is an hdhomerun recording OTA HD shows. I would love to find a way to transcode my kids shows so that they could watch them via this app. Is there a way to restrict the TV shows displayed? The playback device is a Nexus 7.

Thanks,

Dan
Letting Sage do your encoding is probably the easiest way to accomplish this.

I have been using VAP for a year or two now (along with VideoRedo);
http://207.58.163.37/msgBoard/forumdisplay.php?f=41

which automates most of the processes, and leaves you with a commercial free encoded file. The primary downside to VAP is that at some point you will probably have the software rename the video file to a more friendly name, and that disconnect from Sage essentially drops the Sage metadata (if that matters to you).
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 AM
SageTVaholic

App now on Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.sage.phoenix

From now on, I'll be publishing updates to this app on the google play store.

You can read the descriptions and check out the images there, but one interesting update is that you can now browse the Mobile Web for SageTV from within this app. So if there are things that you can't do yet, such as schedule recordings, then you can easily jump into the mobile web view to do it.

Last edited by stuckless; 02-09-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

This looks great! I didn't know about this until I saw Sean's post on Google+ this morning.

Is the "Play onTV" functionality working with the default stv yet?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
This looks great! I didn't know about this until I saw Sean's post on Google+ this morning.

Is the "Play onTV" functionality working with the default stv yet?
I can see that I've added code to account for the default stv/gemstone, but since I don't use the default stv, I haven't actually tested this myself.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I can see that I've added code to account for the default stv/gemstone, but since I don't use the default stv, I haven't actually tested this myself.
I gave it a try. It sort of works, but I ran into two issues.

First, in the app itself, I get a little Android pop-up message saying "Failed to play media file." I have a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1, if that's relevant.

Despite the error message, it will start playing on the TV. But it plays underneath any currently-open menus. It would be nice if the video took over the screen.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie14 View Post
I gave it a try. It sort of works, but I ran into two issues.

First, in the app itself, I get a little Android pop-up message saying "Failed to play media file." I have a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.1, if that's relevant.

Despite the error message, it will start playing on the TV. But it plays underneath any currently-open menus. It would be nice if the video took over the screen.
If you have access to the log files, then that might help. If not, then in version 1.5 (just uploaded), I've added the ability to log to a file, to make it easier for people to create and see the log files.