SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Tivusat (Italian channels on Hotbird 13şE) smartcard is a Nagra3 and is working perfectly...
Do you just have to put the card back in the cable box once in a while?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 09-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Do you just have to put the card back in the cable box once in a while?
Not at all, only Sky has this requirement AFAIK, my card will expire in 2038

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not at all, only Sky has this requirement AFAIK, my card will expire in 2038
Will one card-reader handle multiple tuners?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Will one card-reader handle multiple tuners?
That's the idea, and strictly speaking depends more on your CPU power.

Basically on the Tivusat the ECM are repeated every 100msec, but new one are only sent every 10 seconds by the provider (the high frequency is only used to allow you to tune in very quickly with a maximum worse case scenario of 100msec latency only), my current card reader (Infinity USB) is able to return control words at about 120msec average (but there are quicker solution), so in theory it can serve up to 80 tuners simultaneously...

The current filter uses the single descrambling mode which is pretty slow (run the CSATEST to have an idea) roughly 40mbits per seconds which means 4 tuners in HD or about 8 in SD, however when I'll move to the parallel bitslice mode the descrambling power for the same CPU will be nearly a factor of 10 or more depending on the CPU.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 09-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

Hell, I must be mad, just got Cable working with a HD-PVR2 and now I'm starting again.

Ordered the TBS6680 and the Infinity Smart, will let you know how I get on...

(Wish I'd thought of this before I blew £200+ on the HD-PVR setup!)
Old 09-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hell, I must be mad, just got Cable working with a HD-PVR2 and now I'm starting again.

(Wish I'd thought of this before I blew £200+ on the HD-PVR setup!)
This thread has been around for awhile now

Shame that TBS doesn't do a DVB-C without CI. Do you have the smartcard already?

Eddy

Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This thread has been around for awhile now
Yeah, but DVB-C cards have always been a problem with VM. Previous attempts (years ago) failed with most brands, only one brand worked (the Firewire ones). Only time will tell if this one works...

Quote:
Shame that TBS doesn't do a DVB-C without CI. Do you have the smartcard already?
Yeah, paying for the CI but don't need it. Still, no cheaper DVB-C tuners around even without CI. Using the CI would mean one card per tuner I think...

Already have the card yes, it's in the cable box.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, but DVB-C cards have always been a problem with VM. Previous attempts (years ago) failed with most brands, only one brand worked (the Firewire ones). Only time will tell if this one works...

Yeah, paying for the CI but don't need it. Still, no cheaper DVB-C tuners around even without CI. Using the CI would mean one card per tuner I think...

Already have the card yes, it's in the cable box.
Thanks for taking the plunge with this. I think Perf has DVB-C tuners working with DVBLogic + OSCAM and wanting to go native?

I do hope to have the plugin working in service mode as well...

Eddy

Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I do hope to have the plugin working in service mode as well...
I had problems with service mode a few years ago, so I have it in UI mode and have the recovery script running in the background. Works just as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I had problems with service mode a few years ago, so I have it in UI mode and have the recovery script running in the background. Works just as well.
Tuner related problems?

Old 09-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Wish I had seen this before now as I still have 3 DVB-C FireWire cards you could of used for testing
Old 09-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Tuner related problems?
Don't think so, but I don't remember, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Wish I had seen this before now as I still have 3 DVB-C FireWire cards you could of used for testing
Oh well, never mind... They were a little unreliable anyway, once every few months a tuner would just produce static, and not be reliable again until a reboot. Of course, that was always a recording for my wife that wasn't repeated or downloadable...
Old 09-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Sage Icon

Smile It's official!

Thanks to Jamesdisco whom donated a month worth card sharing subscription to this project, I finally managed to have fully BSkyB encrypted channels working with this plugin.

This support has highlighted some instability issues which will be addressed pretty soon with a new release of the plugin + filter.

I'm very happy of this important milestone and I can see a bright future for this little project.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

I was wondering

Quote:
Originally Posted by perf View Post
I have the card reader now. What should I do to get the information you need?

/Per
Hi Per,

any luck with your setup? Did you manage to get the plugin working in Sweden?

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-09-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Sage Icon

Sky UK support is here...

The new release with Sky UK encrypted channels has been released and ready to download. Also, I've attached a template (announcement thread) for card sharing in the UK which should help you to get your sharing up and running in no time

Please use it as much as you can and report feedback here. In case of issues please follow the troubleshooting section in the announcement thread.

Enjoy!
Eddy

Old 09-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sky UK

I can now confirm i have Sky working through a cardshare. I'm using a TBS6984 and channel changes hardly seem any slower using the plugin.

Ive been using a Sky box for a couple of months now and find it very frustrating to use when you are used to having sage favourites and 8 tuners. Sky's 2 tuners and hopeless 'series record' are very limiting.
This plugin along with Dean's Channel Setup make setting up Sky in the UK a relatively easy process.
Many many thanks to Eddy for getting this working it should keep sage relevant in our household for years to come.

Last edited by jamesdisco; 09-10-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:19 AM
Sage Icon

News

I've managed to get another 300msec speed improvement when tuning to an encrypted channel. It is now very difficult to distinguish between tuning into a normal or encrypted channel

New release of the filter soon after my usual testing...

I was also wondering whether some of you tried multi-tuning with this solution already, if so I'd like to hear your experience please.

Thanks
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-13-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi Per,

any luck with your setup? Did you manage to get the plugin working in Sweden?

Eddy
I spent some time on it in the weekend.

I have been struggling with OSCAM and my Viaccess card (for my DVB-T provider). I get "Card system not supported". I seem to have better success with my Conax card for DVB-C, but I have not tried the plugin yet - wanted to sort out the OSCAM issues first.

/Per
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I have been struggling with OSCAM and my Viaccess card (for my DVB-T provider). I get "Card system not supported". I seem to have better success with my Conax card for DVB-C, but I have not tried the plugin yet - wanted to sort out the OSCAM issues first.

/Per
Per,

I'm going to send you the new version of the OSCAM config creator, it might help you with your DVB-T setup.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-16-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

/Per
It might help to know which CAID you're cards are decoding, I mean I can produce a special version of the filter that will tell you which CAID a particular encrypted channel wants so that you can workout if one of the predefined configuration available in the OSCAM config creator tool fits your requirement, as the presets available are not that obvious unfortunately...

Let me know
Eddy

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard