SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2016, 01:41 PM
Sage User

Missed your email. Sorry for that.
Doing another attempt at this moment :-)
Old 05-23-2016, 03:05 AM
Sage Icon

Oscam & Windows 10

I know that some of you are succesfully using this plugin with Windows 10, but wondering whether you had to run some special software like "AlwaysUp" in order to have oscam correctly using your card reader.

The reason I ask is because recently a new user had to use the aforementioned software whereas I never had to with any other version of Windows (XP to 8.1 x64) I've tested the plugin on and curious to find out why.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 05-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
I know that some of you are succesfully using this plugin with Windows 10, but wondering whether you had to run some special software like "AlwaysUp" in order to have oscam correctly using your card reader.

Eddy
Hi Eddy,

I use your plugin on Windows 10 without issues. I start OSCAM via a Task Schedule. BUT I don't use a Card Reader so I'm unable to fully answer your question.

Dean
Old 05-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Sage User

Hi Eddy,
I am using AlwaysUp indeed and it is working perfectly. I am using your oscam solution for almost a week now and I am very happy with it and your support to make it work!

Not sure if it is really necessary to use AlwaysUp to make it work, but I already had this software installed so I thought let's try and it worked instantly after having some issues with taskscheduler.

Thank you!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

Eddy, I'm another one of the not "had to", but I do use Rhys Goodwin's Service wrapper. I've used it for controlling oscam through all the variants of decryption I've used.

John
Old 05-29-2016, 05:15 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you guys, I see what I can do for the next big release

EDIT: What I could do is to re-introduce the "nssm" application as part of the oscam release. The "nssm" basically allows any application to run as a service in the very same way as "AlwaysUp" does, but it is open source. I think the reason why I don't need such service is because my STV server runs headless with Windows auto-login enabled and stays always logged in because I have another application which doesn't like tp run in service mode and closes down if you log out.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 05-30-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Dean

How would you import the epg into sage in Linux. Is there a way to get the digiguide into sage with Linux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Yes good point. Never thought about that

Dean
Actually, both Digiguide (it does install some 'mono' (.NET for Linux) components automatically) and XmtlvGUI (Birtles Grabber) are working fine on Linux using Wine, however not 100% sure about the Stephane's XMLTV Importer though

Eddy

Old 06-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any UK sagers having problems with BT's channels. They are saying no signal in sage but oscam is getting the ecm's fine. All other channels are OK.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Any UK sagers having problems with BT's channels. They are saying no signal in sage but oscam is getting the ecm's fine. All other channels are OK.
I don't use Oscam with the Sage plugin, but from 1 June BT's HD channels have had hardware paired encryption, the same as Sky's HD channels. I don't know if that is affecting you.

syrel
Old 06-19-2016, 07:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrel View Post
I don't use Oscam with the Sage plugin

Old 06-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What I mean is that I use Oscam (your version, actually), but I don't use your plugin with it - not that I use your plugin and somehow avoid using Oscam

In the end, I needed to use oscam to serve WMC as well as Sage, so had to use DVBlink. I was just offering some help to the previous poster.

syrel
Old 06-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrel View Post
I don't use Oscam with the Sage plugin, but from 1 June BT's HD channels have had hardware paired encryption, the same as Sky's HD channels. I don't know if that is affecting you.

syrel
Thanks, that'll be it.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageTV 64Bit

Hi Eddy,

Been a long time, hope all is good with you.

Just wanting to know if there would be technical reason why your plugin would not work in a 64bit version of Sage?

Today I have been playing around with the 64 bit version by installing it onto the same server as my 32bit version of STV, then copied over the plugins etc.

Looking at the DVBDCC.bat file I have registered the DVBCC.ax and made the regedit for the PluginFilter. When I start up OSCAM then Sage my tuners are being picked up in OSCAM but then it looks like Sage Crashes.

Before I start looking further into this I just want to make sure there is nothing that would stop it working?

The DVBCC.log file shows the following

* RossiSoft Ltd - DVB Decrypter & Card Client *
06-12-2018 14:24:57.0083 [DllMain] Attach DLL
06-12-2018 14:24:57.0083 [DllRegisterServer] Registered on the system
06-12-2018 14:25:02.0278 [DllMain] Detach DLL via FreeLibrary call

But I dont get any DVBDCC-Tuner-XX.log files and the STV crashes when I try and tune in to a channel.

Must add that before I re-registured everything I could scan for channels and watch channels without issues on DVB-T tuners. (Must add watching was via extenders)

Dean
Old 12-06-2018, 10:36 AM
Sage Icon

It looks like this is a DirectShow filter (.ax) which a DLL. You will need a 64-bit version to use with a 64-bit SageTV setup.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
It looks like this is a DirectShow filter (.ax) which a DLL. You will need a 64-bit version to use with a 64-bit SageTV setup.
Yep I thought as much. Oh and thank you for your hard work on the 64 bit version

Dean
Old 12-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Yep I thought as much. Oh and thank you for your hard work on the 64 bit version

Dean
Hi Dean, that's correct you need the x64 bit version of the filter which I never looked into make it to be honest.

The new generation of this project has a native support for 32/64 on both Linux/Windows, but this one hasn't, however because the 'new generation' is still far away from being released I could look into making a x64 bit version of the current filter (without commercial skip engine) and see how it goes

Cheers
Eddy

Old 12-06-2018, 02:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes a x64 version of the filter without comskip would be good. Not used the comskip filter version in long time because of the issue with DVB-T HD audio issue.

But if you looking for beta testers of your new generation of the project then let me know

Dean
Old 12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Eddy,

Other than some typical pointer -vs- int issues, the native SageTV decoders compiled ok in 64-bit. There's still an issue with the SageTV Stream Demux to debug, though.

I'm sure you'll be able to get it done but if there are any questions I can answer, feel free to PM me.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Hi Eddy,

Other than some typical pointer -vs- int issues, the native SageTV decoders compiled ok in 64-bit. There's still an issue with the SageTV Stream Demux to debug, though.

I'm sure you'll be able to get it done but if there are any questions I can answer, feel free to PM me.
Hi, this filter uses Windows SDK 7.1 and compilation to x64 actually worked well, however is the link stage that is failing, I have a couple of unresolved externals due to the filter using the COM interface (all DirectShow filter use this interface), and would like to know which libs are you currently linking against one of the DS filter in x64 mode please.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 12-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi, this filter uses Windows SDK 7.1 and compilation to x64 actually worked well, however is the link stage that is failing, I have a couple of unresolved externals due to the filter using the COM interface (all DirectShow filter use this interface), and would like to know which libs are you currently linking against one of the DS filter in x64 mode please.

Cheers
Eddy
strmbase.lib;strmiids.lib;winmm.lib;vcruntime.lib;ucrt.lib

strmbase.lib is the one you build from the BaseClasses sample code.

Which externals are you missing?

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard