SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Looking at my notes, I had to make this change in a few projects just for the 64-bit version. I think those other libraries were already there when moving to VS2015.

olepro32.lib -> oleaut32.lib

oleaut32.lib is used for the 64-bit version and olepro32.lib is for the 32-bit.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:54 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
strmbase.lib;strmiids.lib;winmm.lib;vcruntime.lib;ucrt.lib

strmbase.lib is the one you build from the BaseClasses sample code.

Which externals are you missing?
Thank you very much, this is the information I was after. I built the strmbase.lib for x64 already (I recall I had to do this years ago for the x32 version ).

I will have a go again when got time, thanks again.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-07-2018, 04:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Looking at my notes, I had to make this change in a few projects just for the 64-bit version. I think those other libraries were already there when moving to VS2015.

olepro32.lib -> oleaut32.lib

oleaut32.lib is used for the 64-bit version and olepro32.lib is for the 32-bit.
Hi, they might have changed it in VS2015, but in VS2010 is still the same for 32/64 .

BTW, I've got the DVBDCC64.ax filter compiled fine, the problem I was having was still including the strmbase.lib from 32 via a wrong library include path

Next step is to give the filter to deanm for testing, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 12-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post

Next step is to give the filter to deanm for testing, but I'm not holding my breath.
Looking good. Ok fire this over to me and I will test it for you. Working from home today so should be able to test it when I get 5 min

Dean
Old 12-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Looking good. Ok fire this over to me and I will test it for you. Working from home today so should be able to test it when I get 5 min

Dean
Hi Dean,

hope you well. Here in attachment the x64 bit version of the filter as anticipated. The filter doesn't contain the commercial skip functionalities for simplicity and to reduce the external library dependencies.

Please take the filter "as is", do let me know if it does work, but if it doesn't, I'm sorry but I don't have a way of testing/fixing it.

The attachment is compiled with MSVC2015 to help integration with Windows 8.1. Please make sure you have the right re-distributable installed.

IMPORTANT: Please be aware that you need to register the filter via regsvr32.exe running in a shell with administrator rights otherwise it won't register.

Good luck!

Cheers
Eddy
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVBDCC64_4_0_0_1 (MSVC2015).zip (85.1 KB, 313 views)

Last edited by routerunner; 12-20-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: This file registers with regsrv32 properly (but please run cmd with admin rights)
Old 01-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Please take the filter "as is", do let me know if it does work, but if it doesn't, I'm sorry but I don't have a way of testing/fixing it.
Eddy, I have tested this with 3 concurrent streams and haven't seen any issues (so far )

Thanks for your work on this

John
Old 01-01-2019, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Never updated this thread but I have been using x64 STV and the new filter for nearly a week now and not had any issues.

It did take a few tweets from Eddy to get the DLL to work with Windows 10

Dean
Old 01-04-2019, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Eddy, I have tested this with 3 concurrent streams and haven't seen any issues (so far )

Thanks for your work on this

John
Hi John, I'm glad it did work for you

This filter also contains a fix (never been officially released) that I've discovered whilst working on the commercial skipper version, which sometimes was causing issues when decrypting multiple streams.

Also, the x64 version uses a different CLSID therefore you can install both filters without problems and change the "PreFilter" path for the relevant version of STV (32/64) accordingly, the only filename difference is the file extension, .ax for x32 and .dll for x64.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 01-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi John, I'm glad it did work for you

This filter also contains a fix (never been officially released) that I've discovered whilst working on the commercial skipper version, which sometimes was causing issues when decrypting multiple streams.

Also, the x64 version uses a different CLSID therefore you can install both filters without problems and change the "PreFilter" path for the relevant version of STV (32/64) accordingly, the only filename difference is the file extension, .ax for x32 and .dll for x64.

Cheers
Eddy
64-bit CLSID’s are stored and referenced in a separate part of the registry than 32-bit ones so there is no problem using the same one though using a different one doesn’t hurt anything either.

Thanks for supporting 64-bit.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
64-bit CLSID’s are stored and referenced in a separate part of the registry than 32-bit ones so there is no problem using the same one though using a different one doesn’t hurt anything either.

Thanks for supporting 64-bit.
Ha! That's convenient. I just thought of using a different one to avoid problems.

No worries, when I got some time I'll try to make a proper release for supporting both 32/64 versions in the shell installation script

Cheers
Eddy

Old 01-04-2019, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
change the "PreFilter" path for the relevant version of STV (32/64) accordingly, the only filename difference is the file extension, .ax for x32 and .dll for x64.
Huh, what do I need to change?

Aside from registering the DLL and adding the PrePlugin registry key. I assume it's doing the right stuff because the logs have
Code:
 RossiSoft Ltd - DVB Decrypter & Card Client (x64)
John
Old 01-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Huh, what do I need to change?

Aside from registering the DLL and adding the PrePlugin registry key. I assume it's doing the right stuff because the logs have
Code:
 RossiSoft Ltd - DVB Decrypter & Card Client (x64)
John
Hi John, don't worry, what you have done manually is correct. I need to change a shell script in order to do the same automatically as part of the filter's installation procedure.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 01-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi John, don't worry, what you have done manually is correct. I need to change a shell script in order to do the same automatically as part of the filter's installation procedure.
Thanks Eddy. There's been a few things that have been really stretching my memory as part of this 64bit process

John
Old 07-27-2019, 10:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dont know if it just my setup, I updated the plugin and it stopped working, when looking in the log it said "WARNING: Filter not licensed, pass-through mode enabled..." I had forgotten to put the licence file in the new x64 folder.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukka View Post
Dont know if it just my setup, I updated the plugin and it stopped working, when looking in the log it said "WARNING: Filter not licensed, pass-through mode enabled..." I had forgotten to put the licence file in the new x64 folder.
Yep, you need that now, plus there will be a new release sometime soon with much improved EMM/ECM management and a new very resilient "bad weather condition" handling as well as optimal integration with STV 9.2.1

Cheers
Eddy

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard