SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix 2.5.0 Update (api, core, and UI)

This morning I rolled out Phoenix 2.5.0 (which does not include the P2 stuff)...

This release provides an updated Phoenix STV and Core/Api libraries.

In terms of the STV, the main change is that Brian fixed (I think) the issue that plagued some users whereby phoenix would fail to start on a new install (just black screen with spinning cursor)

In the Core/API, there are few changes...

* Added IMDB Suppurt using Nielm's IMDB Library
+ IMDB now supports Quotes and Trivia and TagLines

* Updated TheMoviedDB support using 3rd party library
+ TMDB now supports fetching Youtube Trailers (links)
+ TMDB now supports TagLines
+ TMDB will now prefer English Fanart (or whatever language you choose)
+ TMDD will allow you to prioritize fanart by User Rating or Size

* Sage Recordings will be "filled in" with data from TVDB, even if preserve original metadata is enabled, IF the original metadata field is blank.

Techy Talk... (May be of interest to Devs)
In this release this a new Phoenix api, called ToastAll, which enables a message to be displayed, temporarily on all UIs. This can be exploited by 3rd party Apps to show a message on the Phoenix UI, such as Caller Id info, or just by sending a message that you want people to see.

To send a message, use the following url format
Code:
http://192.168.1.10:8080/sagex/phoenix?c=phoenix.util.ToastAll&1=Hello&2=4000
the 1= parameter is the message and needs to be URL encoded
the 2= parameter is how long the message should be displayed before it is removed

I'll be adding support for this in my android App, giving the ability to send a message to all tvs, like, "Dinner Time", but if you want to play around with this, for other scenarios, then go ahead.

And if you want waiting for the P2 Beta... It'll be happening soon... We just needed to get this release out first, since P2 will depend on the 2.5.0 release of Phoenix.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Sage Expert

First off I just want to say again, I love you! Pulled the update and a couple quick questions.

In the config Phoenix->fanart/metadata options->Movie Metadata Provider(s), I only have TMDB in there (no idea why, I don't remember doing anything in there for a while). Should I manually add IMDB? If so what is the correct name to use, is it just IMDB?

Quote:
Awesome! For youtube trailer links, is there a way to utilize this in Gemstone? Or, maybe I should I be asking that in the Gemstone forum, nevermind sorry!

For the English movie posters (that is a joy to see), does it default to English or do I have to set it myself? If I set it myself, where might that be?

Stuckless, a million times thanks!
Old 04-28-2013, 05:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow View Post
In the config Phoenix->fanart/metadata options->Movie Metadata Provider(s), I only have TMDB in there (no idea why, I don't remember doing anything in there for a while). Should I manually add IMDB? If so what is the correct name to use, is it just IMDB?
Yes, you'll have to add imdb (lowercase) to that list as the first one, if you want to use imdb. That list is a comma separated list of provider ids whereby only 1 is required. If you specify more than 1, then the second (or third one) would only be used if the first one failed to find the movie.

So if you use,
Code:
imdb,tmdb
, the IMDb will always be used (and it fetches fanart from tmdb), BUT if a movie lookup fails then phoenix will then try to find the movie on themoviedb. So, specifying more than one is simply specifying a backup in case the other fails.

Quote:
Awesome! For youtube trailer links, is there a way to utilize this in Gemstone? Or, maybe I should I be asking that in the Gemstone forum, nevermind sorry!
Yeah, I'm pull down the data, but it's up to the UI teams (Gemstone, Phoenix, defeault STV) to utilize the data.

Quote:
For the English movie posters (that is a joy to see), does it default to English or do I have to set it myself? If I set it myself, where might that be?
English is the default, so nothing to do there, unless you prefer Russian

Keep in mind that I qualified that in this release, it should reduce the chances of getting russian (or other language) posters. There is no way that I can tell for sure, so the code is written in such a way that it tries to find a match on the poster based on language, and if a language specific one is not found, then it will do like it always did, and just accept all posters, which means, you may still get some russian posters, if an "en" poster is specifically defined.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks again, will give IMDB a go tonight.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This morning I rolled out Phoenix 2.5.0 (which does not include the P2 stuff)...

This release provides an updated Phoenix STV and Core/Api libraries.

In terms of the STV, the main change is that Brian fixed (I think) the issue that plagued some users whereby phoenix would fail to start on a new install (just black screen with spinning cursor)

In the Core/API, there are few changes...

* Added IMDB Suppurt using Nielm's IMDB Library
+ IMDB now supports Quotes and Trivia and TagLines

* Updated TheMoviedDB support using 3rd party library

* Sage Recordings will be "filled in" with data from TVDB, even if preserve original metadata is enabled, IF the original metadata field is blank.

Techy Talk... (May be of interest to Devs)
In this release this a new Phoenix api, called ToastAll, which enables a message to be displayed, temporarily on all UIs. This can be exploited by 3rd party Apps to show a message on the Phoenix UI, such as Caller Id info, or just by sending a message that you want people to see.

To send a message, use the following url format
Code:
http://192.168.1.10:8080/sagex/phoenix?c=phoenix.util.ToastAll&1=Hello&2=4000
the 1= parameter is the message and needs to be URL encoded
the 2= parameter is how long the message should be displayed before it is removed

I'll be adding support for this in my android App, giving the ability to send a message to all tvs, like, "Dinner Time", but if you want to play around with this, for other scenarios, then go ahead.

And if you want waiting for the P2 Beta... It'll be happening soon... We just needed to get this release out first, since P2 will depend on the 2.5.0 release of Phoenix.
How about using this to send messages to a YouTube search. If combined with default android keyboard you've just enabled voice searches for YouTube.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
How about using this to send messages to a YouTube search. If combined with default android keyboard you've just enabled voice searches for YouTube.
This doesn't really do anything in the default stv, since the Phoenix UI, has a special handler for showing popup messages (which this command uses).

That being said, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do what you are asking... but this command doesn't do that
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This doesn't really do anything in the default stv, since the Phoenix UI, has a special handler for showing popup messages (which this command uses).

That being said, it probably wouldn't be too hard to do what you are asking... but this command doesn't do that
I would like to look into that API call and see how tough it would be to implement this in Gemstone as well (already using Phoenix API for just about everything else)...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is this why I'm seeing tv shows (not movies) being filled in with a Year value now? So like after Veep recorded tonight on HBO it showed up in (the default) UI as "Veep (2013)" even though it's just a tv show. I just had to go remove the year from the metadata and it fixed, but should the year be filled in for shows that don't have an external show id of MV*?
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-30-2013, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I would like to look into that API call and see how tough it would be to implement this in Gemstone as well (already using Phoenix API for just about everything else)...
Unfortunately, as is, it can't be used in Gemstone or Default STV... although, IF, Gemstone or Default STV, implemented a "Toast" ui feature in the STV (like phoenix does), and then gave me the WidgetChain to execute it, then I can update the Phoenix Java code to check for gemstone/default stv, and use that specific widget chain.

Basically the Phoenix UI has a generic message popup feature in the STV called "Toast", (named after the Android Toast api). My Java code basically sets some variables and then calls the Toast widget which shows the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Is this why I'm seeing tv shows (not movies) being filled in with a Year value now? So like after Veep recorded tonight on HBO it showed up in (the default) UI as "Veep (2013)" even though it's just a tv show. I just had to go remove the year from the metadata and it fixed, but should the year be filled in for shows that don't have an external show id of MV*?
Interesting. So, I need to have another parameter to NOT fill in metadata I added this since I was getting some shows without a description because the EPG data didn't have a description, and I typically run with "preserve metadata" so that titles don't get overwritten, but I added the ability to copy over additional metadata to "fill in" the missing spots. Personally, I don't think having a year in the metadata is an issue, since the year is valid. I don't think BMT is adding the Year to the titles (if it is, then that is wrong). So, wouldn't it be a UI issue whereby the UI is showing Series (Year), when you know it's a TV show?? I can add an another option to NOT set the Year for metadata, but I think that's just a bandaid for the real issue.

Does anyone know if this is an Issue in Phoenix UI as well?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll check and see - I always see shows go from 'Title' <while recording> to 'Title (year)' <after recording is finished>.

But I have it set to NOT preserve metadata.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Note - it only adds the title on shows where there is a year in the title at TVDB.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Unfortunately, as is, it can't be used in Gemstone or Default STV... although, IF, Gemstone or Default STV, implemented a "Toast" ui feature in the STV (like phoenix does), and then gave me the WidgetChain to execute it, then I can update the Phoenix Java code to check for gemstone/default stv, and use that specific widget chain.

Basically the Phoenix UI has a generic message popup feature in the STV called "Toast", (named after the Android Toast api). My Java code basically sets some variables and then calls the Toast widget which shows the message.
Better option might be to have the UI register the toast capable widget ID to the phoenix API. This would allow it to work regardless of what UI is used.
Quote:

Interesting. So, I need to have another parameter to NOT fill in metadata I added this since I was getting some shows without a description because the EPG data didn't have a description, and I typically run with "preserve metadata" so that titles don't get overwritten, but I added the ability to copy over additional metadata to "fill in" the missing spots. Personally, I don't think having a year in the metadata is an issue, since the year is valid. I don't think BMT is adding the Year to the titles (if it is, then that is wrong). So, wouldn't it be a UI issue whereby the UI is showing Series (Year), when you know it's a TV show?? I can add an another option to NOT set the Year for metadata, but I think that's just a bandaid for the real issue.

Perhaps there's another issue here. Customarily, when a year is associated with a tv show, it is to differentiate between different shows with the same name. In these cases, it should be the year that the series started. In the case of Veep, I believe that show started in 2012. There is a movie on IMDB called Veeps that was released in 2013. I'm wondering if this is a match issue, and not necessarily a problem of the year tags.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Better option might be to have the UI register the toast capable widget ID to the phoenix API. This would allow it to work regardless of what UI is used.
I could live with that... basically, I'd simply allow the UI to override the default widget used for handling "Toasts". The only caveat here, is that I'd need to publish the Static variables that I set before calling the Widget Chain, which I think for Toasts, there are 2, one for the message and one for the timeout.

Quote:
Perhaps there's another issue here. Customarily, when a year is associated with a tv show, it is to differentiate between different shows with the same name. In these cases, it should be the year that the series started. In the case of Veep, I believe that show started in 2012. There is a movie on IMDB called Veeps that was released in 2013. I'm wondering if this is a match issue, and not necessarily a problem of the year tags.
I think for TV shows, I'm going to simply remove the Year on the item, the shows are linked to the TV Series Info, and the TV Series Info does have the year, which is the year that the TV show started.

I'm not sure when I push out the next release, but when I do, I'll make it so that the "fill" metadata ignores the Year for TV shows.

It sounds to me, that the "year" on the media item is the year the episode was aired, but really, if I'm going to fill in the year, it should be the year the of series started (I think).
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

As far as sage's 'year' metadata, I believe it is only traditionally used for movies, and is the release year. TV items in the guide do not populate it.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

So this is why my TV shows are displaying the year in my Gemstone Client.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think for TV shows, I'm going to simply remove the Year on the item, the shows are linked to the TV Series Info, and the TV Series Info does have the year, which is the year that the TV show started.

I'm not sure when I push out the next release, but when I do, I'll make it so that the "fill" metadata ignores the Year for TV shows.

It sounds to me, that the "year" on the media item is the year the episode was aired, but really, if I'm going to fill in the year, it should be the year the of series started (I think).
This new behaviour is also responsible for this report.

An option to not fill in anything for Sage tv recordings would be ideal. The linked to issue above concerns the MPAA rating being filled in on tv recordings.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
An option to not fill in anything for Sage tv recordings would be ideal.
Ideal for you... not for me (hence why I changed the behavior to fill in missing fields).

When I have time, I'll add a 3rd option (off by default) that prevents the auto-fill of missing metadata for recordings.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Phoenix 2.5.2 - Bug fixes

* Added option to fill in missing metadata on recordings, even if preserve metadata is enabled (enabled by default)
* Fixed Content Rating bug in TVDB (was setting MPAA Rating, not TV Rating)
* Fixed Bug in TVDB whereby Year was getting populated for TV

There is an option in the Metadata Configuration to TURN OFF the filling in of missing metadata for Recordings, when preserve original metadata is enabled.

I also discovered 2 bugs (as reported by users) that TVDB was populating incorrect fields for MPAA Rating (instead of Parental Rating), and it was populating the Year on TV Shows, which should be blank, so both of those issues have been resolved. These 2 bugs ONLY applied if preserve original metadata was enabled (which is is by default).

If you have LOTS of recordings that were affected by these 2 bugs, then you use BMT, go to the recordings view, and then select the Fix Year for TV Shows and Fix Parental Ratings batch tools to fix up the metadata.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
* Added option to fill in missing metadata on recordings, even if preserve metadata is enabled (enabled by default)
* Fixed Content Rating bug in TVDB (was setting MPAA Rating, not TV Rating)
* Fixed Bug in TVDB whereby Year was getting populated for TV

There is an option in the Metadata Configuration to TURN OFF the filling in of missing metadata for Recordings, when preserve original metadata is enabled.

I also discovered 2 bugs (as reported by users) that TVDB was populating incorrect fields for MPAA Rating (instead of Parental Rating), and it was populating the Year on TV Shows, which should be blank, so both of those issues have been resolved. These 2 bugs ONLY applied if preserve original metadata was enabled (which is is by default).

If you have LOTS of recordings that were affected by these 2 bugs, then you use BMT, go to the recordings view, and then select the Fix Year for TV Shows and Fix Parental Ratings batch tools to fix up the metadata.
Thank You that worked.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

The plugin repository is still at version 2.5.1 for Phoenix Core, while Phoenix API is version 2.5.2. Is that intentional? as I see 2.5.2 of both are on the download site.

John