SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
The plugin repository is still at version 2.5.1 for Phoenix Core, while Phoenix API is version 2.5.2. Is that intentional? as I see 2.5.2 of both are on the download site.

John
Yeah, I was lazy and didn't "notify" sagetv about the 2.5.2 core, since core just contains configurations files, which didn't change between 2.5.1 and 2.52, so I just notified sagetv of the api update. (My "publish" process automatically uploads both, but then I have to manually tell sagetv that there is an update, so I only did that for the API)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If you have LOTS of recordings that were affected by these 2 bugs, then you use BMT, go to the recordings view, and then select the Fix Year for TV Shows and Fix Parental Ratings batch tools to fix up the metadata.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Yeah, I was lazy and didn't "notify" sagetv about the 2.5.2 core, since core just contains configurations files, which didn't change between 2.5.1 and 2.52, so I just notified sagetv of the api update
I was hoping that the fact that the Phoenix Core hadn't updated was the reason I couldn't find the Fix tools you mentioned in BMT. I'll have to look harder now.

John
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

see attachment
Attached Images
File Type: png Selection_077.png (60.7 KB, 299 views)
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks

John
Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage User

Ever since I upgraded, I've been unable to watch recorded shows through the Phoenix UI. The UI loads, but gives an error: "Error in VFS file: .\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\x-vfs.xml; null" which is found in the system messages. All seems fine, the UI looks normal. But once you dig into the Recordings or Videos menus, there are no items displayed. I found the x-vfs.xml file, and it's about 40K in size. It doesn't look entirely out of whack, but I didn't peruse the entire thing.

I tried deleting (well, renaming and moving) the file and it rebuilds. I tried uninstalling all Phoenix components and reinstalling, but no good. I'd really like to get it fixed. I love the Phoenix interface, and the WAF is very high with Phoenix.

Cheers!

Last edited by Elephino; 05-06-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

You should delete the vfs-cached.xml file in /userdata/Phoenix/cache.

Make sure you have the official x-vfs.xml file (you can get it here)

Then restart sage and hopefully it'll sort itself out.
btl.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the attempt. I did as you said. I couldn't find a vfs-cached.xml file in the directory you specified, or by doing a search of my entire machine. So then I downloaded the linked x-vfs.xml file and overwrote the one I had. Then I verified it is the only x-vfs.xml file on my machine. When I fire up Sage, I still have the same issue.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephino View Post
Thanks for the attempt. I did as you said. I couldn't find a vfs-cached.xml file in the directory you specified, or by doing a search of my entire machine. So then I downloaded the linked x-vfs.xml file and overwrote the one I had. Then I verified it is the only x-vfs.xml file on my machine. When I fire up Sage, I still have the same issue.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers!
Are you running the latest phoenix? The vfs-cached.xml file should exist where bialio suggested.

Also, do you have a vfs.xml file, if so, then delete it, restart sagetv server.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Sage User

I just downloaded the updates this morning (hoping it would magically fix!). The Full UI Phoenix plugin is version 2.5.411 Beta, while the Core Services and the API are both version 2.5.3.

I checked again and ran another search, but I see no vfs-cached.xml in the /userdata/Phoenix/cache directory. I have three subdirectories, imagetrans, url, and videothumb, but no files directly in the cache directory.

Also, I can't find a vfs.xml file to delete. Other thoughts?

Cheers!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just downloaded the updates this morning (hoping it would magically fix!). The Full UI Phoenix plugin is version 2.5.411 Beta, while the Core Services and the API are both version 2.5.3.

I checked again and ran another search, but I see no vfs-cached.xml in the /userdata/Phoenix/cache directory. I have three subdirectories, imagetrans, url, and videothumb, but no files directly in the cache directory.

Also, I can't find a vfs.xml file to delete. Other thoughts?

Cheers!
zip logs from the SAGE_HOME/logs/* and email them metadatatools at gmail dot com
Old 05-10-2013, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Thanks to all the help, I was able to get Phoenix running again. Here's the issue and how it was overcome.

Windows 7 had created a VirtualStore directory under my user account, and was stashing most of the SageTV files there. However, there was also a SageTV directory which was under the usual Program Files directory. The files under PF were all write protected and owned by the Admin account. Sage would download the Phoenix extensions to the VS path, but the .properties file Sage read from was under PF and could not be updated.

I had to take ownership of the SageTV tree under PF, then set that tree to grant write permissions to my account. Then I uninstalled Phoenix and made sure all references to Phoenix were out of the .properties file. Then through Sage, I reinstalled Phoenix and all is working fine.

I suppose similar results could be gained without messing with ownership or rights by moving everything out of the PF tree and into the VS structure. I did not want to fuss with uninstalling Sage since the .exe lived under PF, and I wasn't sure what else might have a hard path to the PF tree.

Thanks again for all the help! The Mrs. is quite happy!

Cheers!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks to all the help, I was able to get Phoenix running again. Here's the issue and how it was overcome.

Windows 7 had created a VirtualStore directory under my user account, and was stashing most of the SageTV files there. However, there was also a SageTV directory which was under the usual Program Files directory. The files under PF were all write protected and owned by the Admin account. Sage would download the Phoenix extensions to the VS path, but the .properties file Sage read from was under PF and could not be updated.

I had to take ownership of the SageTV tree under PF, then set that tree to grant write permissions to my account. Then I uninstalled Phoenix and made sure all references to Phoenix were out of the .properties file. Then through Sage, I reinstalled Phoenix and all is working fine.

I suppose similar results could be gained without messing with ownership or rights by moving everything out of the PF tree and into the VS structure. I did not want to fuss with uninstalling Sage since the .exe lived under PF, and I wasn't sure what else might have a hard path to the PF tree.

Thanks again for all the help! The Mrs. is quite happy!

Cheers!
Or just turn off UAC completely and let SageTV use the program files directory for everything and nothing gets to the Virtual Store.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Or just turn off UAC completely and let SageTV use the program files directory for everything and nothing gets to the Virtual Store.
That would make my life so much easier (The last 3 sets of log files that i looked at, with "Pheonix isn't loading"... all appear to deal with this same problem )
Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Or install SageTV in its own directory that is not a subdirectory of the Program Files Directory, e.g. C:\SageTV, so that it's ignored by UAC.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
Or install SageTV in its own directory that is not a subdirectory of the Program Files Directory, e.g. C:\SageTV, so that it's ignored by UAC.
Quite true forgot about that. Only problem I forsee is if the app is hardcoded to expect to be in the "Program Files" directory which SageTV ISN'T.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quite true forgot about that. Only problem I forsee is if the app is hardcoded to expect to be in the "Program Files" directory which SageTV ISN'T.
That's true. This trick doesn't work for a program that's hardcoded to be in the "Program Files" directory but, as you said, SageTV isn't. I've installed and been running SageTV in its own directory off the root directory for years in order to avoid issues with UAC and and have never had a problem related to its being installed outside of the "Program Files" directory.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's true. This trick doesn't work for a program that's hardcoded to be in the "Program Files" directory but, as you said, SageTV isn't. I've installed and been running SageTV in its own directory off the root directory for years in order to avoid issues with UAC and and have never had a problem related to its being installed outside of the "Program Files" directory.
I don't know if this is still true, but doing this used to cause problems with the HDHomerun. If you install Sage to an alternate location and leave UAC enabled, the HDHomerun would not generate the SCAN files that are needed when recording fom QAM sources (cable). The HDHomerun would see that UAC was enabled, so it would try to put the scan files in the Sage virtual store, but since Sage didn't have a virtual store (since it was installed in an alternate location), the SCAN files just went nowhere.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I don't know if this is still true, but doing this used to cause problems with the HDHomerun. If you install Sage to an alternate location and leave UAC enabled, the HDHomerun would not generate the SCAN files that are needed when recording fom QAM sources (cable). The HDHomerun would see that UAC was enabled, so it would try to put the scan files in the Sage virtual store, but since Sage didn't have a virtual store (since it was installed in an alternate location), the SCAN files just went nowhere.
I don't know about a non-Prime HDHR, since I have used one since acquiring a HDHR Prime, but I have no problem with leaving UAC enabled and installing SageTV in an alternate location using an HDHR Prime.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I don't know about a non-Prime HDHR, since I have used one since acquiring a HDHR Prime, but I have no problem with leaving UAC enabled and installing SageTV in an alternate location using an HDHR Prime.
The PRIME is different (the setup is done differently). Setup is also different for the regular HDHR if you are using OTA (antenna) vs. QAM (cable). It was only a problem for the QAM setup with the old HDHR because that required SCAN files to be generated during setup.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR