SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

HD300 might have bit the dust

Hey guys I have an HD300 that won't render any video via HDMI. I tried plugging it in directly to the tv with no receiver and when I reboot it I see the SageTV logo and then some streaks of something trying to happen and nothing. I tried it with no network so it wouldn't connect to my server for the heck of it. Still nothing. Is there a default mode with the remote on the hd300? Just wondering if it really is dead or not.

Any suggestions would be nice considering they are pretty scarce.

Thanks,

Neil
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Sage User

You could try connecting video out via component or composite rca connectors - see if problem is limited to hdmi out.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

I thought about that. I tried changing output mode with the vide out button but again nothing.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you are seeing something it is not dead...it probably has some how defaulted into a video mode that makes it incompatible with your TV...there is a way to start it up I think holding the remote back button to get it to go into a more default mode boot to the non-connected menu...you might try searching for that here and then try booting that way. I have had issues like this occur randomly and infrequently...from the FAQ:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...131#post449131

Q: My STP-HD300 extender is not working at all. What should I do?

A: Try the "Configuration Reset Procedure" if nothing else works.

First, check the Troubleshooting Guide in the printed manual that came with your STP-HD300, or in the PDF manual available here: SageTV_HD300_Manual.pdf (Right click & choose "Save Target As...")

Check everything in the troubleshooting guide, including such things as:

Make sure the unit is plugged in.
Make sure your SageTV server is running and the SageTV Server and Media Extender and Placeshifter Server are both enabled at Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Server. Try restarting the server.
Make sure the STP-HD300's firmware is up to date.
Try the Configuration Reset Procedure described in the STP-HD300's manual on p. 11, where you can choose to perform a factory reset, reload the firmware (see below), reset the configuration, restore the configuration previously backed up to an attached USB storage device, or save the current configuration to an attached USB storage device

To enter configuration reset mode:
Turn the player off by unplugging the power cable.
Press the Back button on the remote and continue holding it as you plug the power cable back in. Continue holding the Back button until the Service Menu appears on the TV.
Note that if nothing is visible on the TV when using the HDMI or Component connections, connect the HD Theater to your TV using the Composite connection instead.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Sage User

Have had problems with 2 of 4 HD300's

Within the last 6 months, I had trouble with 2 of 4 HD300s. One just didn't seem to work at all, and the 2nd wouldn't work if it was left sitting for a week or two since the last time it was used. The 1st wouldn't work under any circumstances. The 2nd would work if unplugged for about 10 minutes & replugged.

I got lucky. Was going to throw the one HD300 away. I had it setting on the shelf for about 3 months. For the heck of it, I decided to test it one last time. I plugged it into my main TV using the power supply, HDMI cable, and Ethernet cable from a HD300 unit that has been working flawlesly. The unit I thought was completely shot, worked perfectly. Then I realized that the problem was the power supply, not the HD300 unit itself. Bought a replacement power supply and now the unit that wasn't working at all, works perfectly. Decided to replace the power supply on the 2nd unit that was not working occasionally. Guess what, now this unit works perfectly too.