SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

no SageTV java plugins are working until it fininishes initialization

I can't get any java Sagetv plugins to work so I can't even print out any channel listings ...

I tried launching the SageTV service ... but the SageTV service ignores my USB-UIRT's ... so no channel changing ...

Has anyone else had toubles getting the sagetvservice to recognize the USB-UIRT's?
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
SageTV Client & 2 x HD-300 Extender.
40.8TB unRaid 6.6.5 media server
Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

trying to run Sagetv7 in service mode NO USB-UIRT's?

Hello

Having fun this last week ...

my HTPC running SageTV was updating during the outage last week and on the next reboot it started or stopped getting past the Splash screen

As part of trying different things to get it to work over the last week ... I've tried restoring files, directories and disks ...

latest maneuver

I tried the SageTV service as a possibility to get it running again and I have no remote code directories listed in the sagetvservice mode

Where does it create or hide the service mode directories? or can SageTV 7 use a usb-uirt in service mode?

Thanks for your time,
Bobby
SageTV Server: Windows 7 64Bit, Phenom II X6 1090T, Asus M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3), ATI Radeon HD 4290, 2 x KHX1600C9D3/4GX, 4 x HD-PVR2 Gaming, , 4 x 320GB recording drives, 2 x USB-UIRT, SageTV Server Beta
Old 10-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Did you make sure the service is running as a user? If not, it could be looking in a incorrect location.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I used a USB-UIRT in service mode since V2.1 of SageTV (when service mode first appeared). Since I've gone to DirectTV in the last couple of years I use other means of channel changing but as MattHelm said I always had (and still do) service mode run as a user when I was using a USB-UIRT.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey, Hello

I'm sorry should have said I'm running Windows 7 64bit with UAC disabled since installation.
(although I think MS has made a kindly provided updates which mitigate the usefulness or cloud it's definition)

I have a user named SageTV that sagetvservice.exe is configured to run as ...

One person was saying the system user starts the usb-uirt so a SageTV user can't access it ...
I don't know how to switch a driver over to another user though

I ran SageTV in service mode with a USB Uirt in situations where it was applicable in versions prior to 7. (until it would hang on start and I would switch to program mode until the next reinstall)

It looks like most advice to get SageTV working in service mode on Windows 7 - 64bit is pointing towards reinstalling SageTV outside of any "windows" directories. (no Program Files or PF x86 directories)
(ie c:\SageTV)

then I have to find out how to install SJQv3 in the plugins section ... where SJQv4 is current.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

The only time I've ever had a problem with USB-UIRT was when the server was also used for playback so the USB-UIRT acted as both a sender and a reciever. The sender (SageTV service mode) would be on one userid and the reciever would be on another - that caused problems. However there was a USB-UIRT driver update/beta that should have taken care of that. I am currently using a USB-UIRT as a receiver on Win7 x64 Ultimate without problems. I use HTTP channel changing so I no longer use a USB-UIRT as a sender.

What you are saying now make me think SageTV was installed BEFORE UAC was disabled. Yes lots of people have avoided the UAC problems by just installing to C:\SageTV rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV. Then it doesn't matter whether UAC is turned on or off.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

unplug from LAN
Install Widows from USB if possible (used to slipstream a lot on XP ... not much on 7)
disable UAC
install chipset drivers
install sound Drivers
install Firewall and AntiVirus
reboot
Virus Scan
install Lan drivers
plug into Lan
update AntiVirus
Virus Scan
start installing software

I immediately disable UAC on All my personal computers and try to keep it disabled.
Fewer orphaned directories created that way.
and when new files start popping up in those directories I know it's time to hunt those settings down again ...

I do know that various MS updates play with UAC settings with Microsoft trying to reset things to a higher security default regardless of a users wishes
I've had to fix settings more than a several times after they went back to default after an MS upgrade

When I try to change tuner ... it gives me a blank page ... no tuner files ... nothing ...

If I knew where SageTV was trying to look I would copy things there ...

The USB-UIRT isn't split between programs because all I'm running on that system is the sagetvservice.exe ... unless the service is doing that itself ...

There seems to be at least fives others with the same issue when they tried to go to version 7 .... they had no such trouble on versions 6 or prior

I realize it'll be a lot of work to start over and in the end it's probably easier than trying to fix the current troubles that started with apparent corruption from the SageTV servers going down last week ... save the wiz.bin and find an old printout of the channels.

Thanks ... I know without Narflex and the rest of the old SageTV team odd problems can be hard to track down

Last edited by perfessor101; 10-22-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like you are ahead of us. Try one thing if you haven't. Unplug the USB-UIRT, then plug it back in the same port.

If that doesn't work, we'll back up 15 yards and punt! Download a program called USBDeview, and remove all your USB stuff, that Windoze in all it's glory, won't forget on it's own. Reboot a few times so Windows rebuilds the USB database, and try again. (BTW, I've run this on all my computers, and they seem to run smoother USB wise afterwards, even if there wasn't an issue!) If you have a USB HDPVR, be careful, it'll take at least 2 reboots to load the driver, and SageTV might panic and remove it as a source!
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I should also have specified that I'm using EventGhost with my USB-UIRT rather than SageTV's direct control of USB-UIRT now. That was so I could use ArcSoft BluRay player and Fuzzy's plugin to playback BluRays with menus. But when my USB-UIRT was used directly by SageTV I had no problems that I can remember. Before the driver update I used a custom link to SageTV that would "Run as..." to the specific user that the service was running.

Hope you get this working!