SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Chromecast?

I know there is a Chromecast thread under the discussion area but it's rather long and has a lot of unrelated stuff, so I thought this should go here.

Is anyone working on anything that would tie SageTV and Chromecast together?

I'm probably getting a Chromecast for Christmas but honestly I don't know what I will even do with it. I don't have netflix or hulu plus or whatever. I'd probably keep it stored until someone came up with a way to use it for Sage.

That said, I don't know HOW it would be used for Sage... I guess if it could be made to stream content from your collection via the webserver/app then the Chromecast dongle would become a portable "extender" you could take on trips to watch on the hotel TV or whatever (and eventually replace extenders at home when they die). That would beat having the kids have to watch their stuff on a tablet or phone.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

You could use it now via mobile web app on a PC or Mac and casting your browser tab to chromecast. Best solution would be a new app or Sean adding support to his Phoenix android ap, or focneur adding support to his ti/a SageTV. Apps.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
SageTVaholic

http://gigaom.com/2013/12/04/plex-fo...minent-launch/