SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:33 AM

A new Hauppauge PCIe coming soon.

Just found there a new Colossus 2 with HDMI in and out with 1902x1080p60 support and SPDIF which will be available mid-summer sorry no photo
Old 06-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

I would expect it not to work with Sage unless you can come up with some tweaks. Would be nice if it would work reliably unlike the other one (for many of us)
Old 06-17-2014, 09:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
I would expect it not to work with Sage unless you can come up with some tweaks. Would be nice if it would work reliably unlike the other one (for many of us)
Hoping it will.

I found that my original colossus either was a defective card or was in too cramped and hot a case. Because now that I've switched to a new card in a larger and cooler case I'm not having nearly the problems I use to. It is allot more reliable now. Instead of at least one to two bad recordings a week (sometimes was one or two a day) I now get one to three a month maybe less. My HDPVRs (1212s) are one or two bad/failed recordings every quarter or less - I can go 9 months without a problem then get a bunch then none for a long time again on my 1212s.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 AM

Just found out Basically, it same as HD PVR 2 model 1512 just on a PCIe board so you know what that means there a very good possible that it will with SageTV
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

If someone could convince Hauppauge to include basic command line tools that can be used to capture from these cards then Sage support is a snap via the network encoder protocol. The same thing could be done otherwise, but would require DirectShow development of some kind, which is way more effort -- not worth the effort to me nor to anybody else, apparently.

Give me a command line tool that I can trigger capturing to a file as needed then writing the network encoder to support it in Sage is relatively quick and easy.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
If someone could convince Hauppauge to include basic command line tools that can be used to capture from these cards then Sage support is a snap via the network encoder protocol. The same thing could be done otherwise, but would require DirectShow development of some kind, which is way more effort -- not worth the effort to me nor to anybody else, apparently.

Give me a command line tool that I can trigger capturing to a file as needed then writing the network encoder to support it in Sage is relatively quick and easy.
Doesn't the USB HD-PVR 2 all ready work that way Slugger?.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The same thing could be done otherwise, but would require DirectShow development of some kind, which is way more effort -- not worth the effort to me nor to anybody else, apparently.
Why bother with development, creating a graph for a HDPVR is trivial and SGraphRecorder http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/GraphRecorder/ gives you both the network encoder and required external tuner support.

Martin
Old 06-17-2014, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Doesn't the USB HD-PVR 2 all ready work that way Slugger?.
Not sure, don't have one, but I thought there was some registry hack to make it appear like an original HDPVR to Sage? If so, then no, it's using Sage's core to control it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
Why bother with development, creating a graph for a HDPVR is trivial and SGraphRecorder http://www.nolberger.se/Sage/GraphRecorder/ gives you both the network encoder and required external tuner support.

Martin
Hmm... interesting. This seems like it solves the problem, pending some more reading (I only read the first few lines of the site, but if it does what it says it does then, yeah, problem solved). That's assuming this new thing is a DirectShow device, which is should be, but wasn't the last thing from Hauppauge not DirectShow compatible (some USB stick or something)?
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-18-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Not sure, don't have one, but I thought there was some registry hack to make it appear like an original HDPVR to Sage? If so, then no, it's using Sage's core to control it.
Part of that was about make HDMI Audio and SPDIF Audio work as first HD-PVR 2 didn't came with it SPDIF just like first HD-PVR didn't come with HDMI so I wouldn't go as far as calling it a hack but it is registry add on which SageTV has always had and there are two way to do it in order for SageTV to see the Unknown Device and if I'm right with Colossus 2 that should work out of the box as HDMI Audio and SPDIF Audio are all ready in place with the Colossus so it just a matter of add in the registry for sage to see the device so we can hope that it just work.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Just found there a new Colossus 2 with HDMI in and out with 1902x1080p60 support and SPDIF which will be available mid-summer sorry no photo
Cool ...

Hope we make it work with SageTV and it doesn't have the same memory leak problem as the first gen Colossus requiring nightly reboots.

I being to notice that one of my Colossus is showing sign of device not detected one a while requiring a reboot to make it detectable again by SageTV so it probably on it last leg and the Colossus 2 would be a nice replacement for it if someone write a SageTV driver for it.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 PM
SageTVaholic

So ... is the HD-PVR2 capable of recording 5.1 channel audio via ... any method?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
So ... is the HD-PVR2 capable of recording 5.1 channel audio via ... any method?
Yes AC3 DD 5.1 with the Optical Audio can be done with HD-PVR 2 (1512) or the Gaming Edition Plus (1504) and word was can also done over HDMI to but I may self haven't try it that way after just heard about it to be 100% sure because as I under stand it you this device this ViewHD VHD-H2HSA in order to trick it in 5.1.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, SHS. I was thinking the HD-PVR2 hardware never got past stereo audio.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes AC3 DD 5.1 with the Optical Audio can be done with HD-PVR 2 (1512) or the Gaming Edition Plus (1504) and word was can also done over HDMI to but I may self haven't try it that
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Thanks, SHS. I was thinking the HD-PVR2 hardware never got past stereo audio.
I get 5.1 with my gaming edition HD-PVR 2 (it has S/PDIF). But I still have the occasional problem with it: sometimes either the audio will be out of sync or there will be no audio stream in the TS container at all.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Any update on this?

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 09-06-2014, 08:01 PM

Nothing as of right now Bill last I heard they working on new Rev Board, It use lee take a bit of time iron out any bug in the board layout, But I check with them to see what up.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Sage Expert

Won't this still have the same sound issues as the HDPVR 2?
Old 09-10-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
Won't this still have the same sound issues as the HDPVR 2?
SageTV Media Extender ?, Then that will most like lee be the same sound issues, but then again there telling what will happing don't worry soon as I can get my hands on one I be put in a req for loaner there for testing it.
What I'm ref to is having all the input show up with out having to modding the Hardware INF.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Sage Expert

Yes, the sound issues on extenders. Though I believe some others had similar "no sound" issues with the client software, depending on which codecs they were using.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Attorney View Post
Yes, the sound issues on extenders. Though I believe some others had similar "no sound" issues with the client software, depending on which codecs they were using.
I wasn't aware of that on the client but I don't remember seeing any.