SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-29-2015, 04:15 PM
Sage User

Updating firmware on a new HD300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD View Post
Thats correct the final beta firmware for the hd-300 has a bug when hd audio is selected and does not always work.

Rolling back fixes this issue and I do not miss the bugs fixed in the final firmware.

This is also a major difference between the hd200 and 300: the ability to process hd audio.
Where can I find the firmware files? I received my new 300 today. Everything seems to be working except the firmware updates..it tells me I have a network problem but everything else is working properly. I am assuming that the files have moved..and I would prefer the latest beta firmware antway.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsupport View Post
Where can I find the firmware files? I received my new 300 today. Everything seems to be working except the firmware updates..it tells me I have a network problem but everything else is working properly. I am assuming that the files have moved..and I would prefer the latest beta firmware antway.

Any help is appreciated.
This FAQ covers how to update the firmware by copying the files to the sagetv installation folder if you can't do it from the internet:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...1&postcount=19

This thread has the change log and links for all the different beta firmwares:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50840
Check out TVExplorer
Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Administrator

You should be able to update the firmware over the internet -- that's what I did when I tested an HD300 and HD200 after I received them.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You should be able to update the firmware over the internet -- that's what I did when I tested an HD300 and HD200 after I received them.

Andy
I guess it is possible that this unit is defective but I think that is unlikely. The error message is: failed checking for updates. make sure your network connection is configured correctly

Is it possible to transfer the firmware and configuratio from my other 300?

I may try setting the new one up with a fixed ip in the morning.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Marty, are you effectively connecting to your server with your new unit with whatever firmware came on the unit? I don't think this applies to your situation specifically, but as I recall, you're trying to download a BETA firmware, so you have to follow the HD300 manual for how to do that as the BETA firmware is not immediately available without typing in the code on the remote control (per the manual procedure).
Old 04-29-2015, 08:49 PM
Administrator

I'm no network expert, so maybe someone else could comment on what might prevent an HD300 from getting online to access the firmware files.

This HD300 FAQ talks about updating the firmware from the unit itself (the normal way) or by downloading the firmware files and doing it another way (from a USB stick, for example) if all else fails.

The regular firmware files are linked in that post. The beta files are linked in this post.

Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Marty, are you effectively connecting to your server with your new unit with whatever firmware came on the unit? I don't think this applies to your situation specifically, but as I recall, you're trying to download a BETA firmware, so you have to follow the HD300 manual for how to do that as the BETA firmware is not immediately available without typing in the code on the remote control (per the manual procedure).
Thank you for your reply. The new extender would not allow any online updates but was communicating properly with the Sage server. I just backed up the config from my other 300 to a usb drive and restored it to the new extender.

The network configuration in settings now/still looks identical (except the individual ip addresses) but the new box is now working properly and allowing me to update the firmware via internet. Something in memory must have been "confused" until it was overwritten by the usb data.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

Andy
What? You mean you didn't update the firmware on each and every one of them? JK!!
Old 05-03-2015, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is beta firmware after 20101007 release version

Is beta firmware after 20101007 release version better?

Is there a consensus which beta after the 20101007 release version is best without a downside?

I have only used 20101007 and playing a blue-ray rip will kill it for all other use after playing the blue-ray until you unplug it and plug it back in to reset it.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Is beta firmware after 20101007 release version better?

Is there a consensus which beta after the 20101007 release version is best without a downside?

I have only used 20101007 and playing a blue-ray rip will kill it for all other use after playing the blue-ray until you unplug it and plug it back in to reset it.
Here's a post with a nice summary of the various HD300 firmware issues: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=16
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 05-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Here's a post with a nice summary of the various HD300 firmware issues: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2&postcount=16
Thank you! I flashed one HD300 to beta 20110124-2 and it is working better than the last full release. Blue-ray plays fine and no problem playing other things after. So far no new issues either. It's working noticeably better than when I was using the release version and I'm thrilled.