SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:31 PM

EMBY add direct support HDHomerun support

A plugin that is compatible with HDHomerun tuners and does not require any additional third party software, unlike the others and to get program data, you will need to sign up with Schedules Direct.

Read about it here forum link
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
A plugin that is compatible with HDHomerun tuners and does not require any additional third party software, unlike the others and to get program data, you will need to sign up with Schedules Direct.

Does it do DRM?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Does it do DRM?
That don't know but I could ask but what do you mean by DRM any way?.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That don't know but I could ask but what do you mean by DRM any way?.
I know I can View copy protected TV in WMC and Android devices using the HDHomerun was wondering if the same can be done.

BTW is EMBY formerly known as MEDIABROWSER?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I know I can View copy protected TV in WMC and Android devices using the HDHomerun was wondering if the same can be done.?
That I don't know, but they did say that HDHomeRun PRIME with CableCARD support is supported so my guest is yes you need ask them

Quote:
BTW is EMBY formerly known as MEDIABROWSER?
Yes that right

Last edited by SHS; 06-09-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Looks like it is only Live TV and doesn't have recording capabilities (at least there is no mention of it)?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Looks like it is only Live TV and doesn't have recording capabilities (at least there is no mention of it)?
I just ask about that
Old 06-09-2015, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just ask about that
They really did not add anything new same old MediaBrowser. Which i never used.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Sage Expert

I guess I've been under a rock as I've never seen Emby before today. It looks nice but I think it would be really nice if it could use SageTV as the backend tv server. Would allow for installing a SageTV compatible frontend on a great many devices. I guess time will tell if that will happen once SageTV is OS'd.
Sage Mini Client on Amazon Fire Sticks and Android TVs
Old 06-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
and does not require any additional third party software, unlike the others...
Yawn. Besides Emby is 3rd party server software.

Martin
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

BTW Kodi has had this for quite a while now.

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/vi...p?f=87&t=18949
Old 06-09-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
Yawn. Besides Emby is 3rd party server software.

Martin
No it not 3rd party server software it really a service server not all that diff then sagetv service that can configure control with a web browser or app even over internet which has every thing petty build in other TV part where need 3rdparty app like WMC, NextPVR or MediaPortal.

Last edited by SHS; 06-09-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
BTW Kodi has had this for quite a while now.

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/vi...p?f=87&t=18949
Kodi to much of Client then any thing else
Old 06-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I guess it's up to you to decide if Plex or Emby are 3rd party apps to the HDHR DLNA server.

To me playing from my phone or TV using DLNA or just from Kodi or the View app that is direct play with no 3rd party.

Martin
Old 06-09-2015, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Kodi to much of Client then any thing else
They are all the same as long as they cannot Play or record protected TV it is mostly useless to us Cable Users. ... If you have the HD Homerun prime I would not waste my time installing emby to watch tv ... soon the HdHomerun DVR will go to into beta test and that will do protected content on windows pcs and android devices.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
They are all the same as long as they cannot Play or record protected TV it is mostly useless to us Cable Users. ... If you have the HD Homerun prime I would not waste my time installing emby to watch tv ... soon the HdHomerun DVR will go to into beta test and that will do protected content on windows pcs and android devices.
Looking back on old notes I guest I ready look in to this before which I forgot about we have wait and see how that plays out let just say some else all ready try and failed, so keep in mind that license are is going be the biggest headache when come to protected content stuff which all goes back to TV content providers that is only license under one retail software package and as we all know who that is WMC.
Time for reality check as all we know Windows Media Center RIP or Dead but real questions that come to mind is how much longer are they going keep the EPG open to Media Center may guest is not much longer maybe 1 or 3 more years before they kill it off for good.
Even Ceton hasn't come up with some kind options they all ready drop there user forum and there been no press releases in 2 years.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Looking back on old notes I guest I ready look in to this before which I forgot about we have wait and see how that plays out let just say some else all ready try and failed, so keep in mind that license are is going be the biggest headache when come to protected content stuff which all goes back to TV content providers that is only license under one retail software package and as we all know who that is WMC.
Time for reality check as all we know Windows Media Center RIP or Dead but real questions that come to mind is how much longer are they going keep the EPG open to Media Center may guest is not much longer maybe 1 or 3 more years before they kill it off for good.
Even Ceton hasn't come up with some kind options they all ready drop there user forum and there been no press releases in 2 years.
HDHomeRun is already CableLabs certified to release protected content via DTCP-IP. I will be one of the beta testers so I will find out soon.... beta due out this month.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
HDHomeRun is already CableLabs certified to release protected content via DTCP-IP. I will be one of the beta testers so I will find out soon.... beta due out this month.
It has nothing to do CableLabs Certified nyplayer that just hardware and software testing, What I ref to is TV content providers like AMC, HBO and etc as well as the other ahole MPAA, RIAA get the picture.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It has nothing to do CableLabs Certified nyplayer that just hardware and software testing, What I ref to is TV content providers like AMC, HBO and etc as well as the other ahole MPAA, RIAA get the picture.
Right now I can watch HBO NBATV STARZ and other protected content on my Android tablet using the HDHOMERUN View application. I should be able to do the same on my windows client as soon as the DVR software is released along with the client software. anything that I can view with my cable box except pay per view I can watch on my Android tablet.... including the Nexus Player.

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-10-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Right now I can watch HBO NBATV STARZ and other protected content on my Android tablet using the HDHOMERUN View application. I should be able to do the same on my windows client as soon as the DVR software is released along with the client software. anything that I can view with my cable box except pay per view I can watch on my Android tablet.... including the Nexus Player.
Let hope you right if not you back where started.
So that Nexus Player = the new Android TV how is it ? I was think about get one.