SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Sage User

Can V9 be installed along side V7 ?

Hi;
I'd like to experiment with V9. I'd like to install it on the same system that i currently have V7 installed and running but i don't want to overwrite V7. i know that they both can't run at the same time but I'd like the option to run one or the other. Is this currently possible? System is a windows 7 32bit controlling a STB channel changing through fire wire. Thanks
Old 08-18-2015, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlkelly View Post
Hi;
I'd like to experiment with V9. I'd like to install it on the same system that i currently have V7 installed and running but i don't want to overwrite V7. i know that they both can't run at the same time but I'd like the option to run one or the other. Is this currently possible? System is a windows 7 32bit controlling a STB channel changing through fire wire. Thanks
I would not do it you are talking about registration of filters and other DLLs. What ever the last Installation is I am sure will register the filters and any DLL's that have to be registered. Then if you uninstall ouch you are going to be in for 1 big fiasco.

Last edited by nyplayer; 08-18-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Right now there is no way to "install" v9. The only thing you can do is replace the Sage.jar file with the v9 Sage.jar. If you do that it will update your wiz.bin and it will no longer be compatible with the v7 Sage.jar.

If you want to experiment then back up your wiz.bin, wiz.bak, sage.properties and Sage.jar files - then replace the Sage.jar file with the new one.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Sage User

thanks - looks like i better hold off for a bit