SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search


Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 10:57 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 709
Can't Get Phoenix to Run on HD300 - Everything is Garbled

I decided to try out Plex today and it wasn't finding any of my SageTV recordings. Looked into it, and saw a handy SageTV plugin for it. It also required BMT, so I installed that as well.

Everything with Plex is working great so far (fanart and everything). I decided that since I had set up BMT already, I should give Phoenix a shot.

Installed Phoenix via the plugin manager on a Windows client. Worked great.

I then tried to run it on my HD300 and this is where I ran into problems. As soon I selected either of the Phoenix STV's (Phoenix.xml or Phoenix2.xml), everything on screen becomes garbled and corrupted. I can make out some words on the left hand of the screen, but I can't navigate anywhere because I can't see what's going on. I power cycled the HD300, but the problem remains. I had to manually edit the extenders property file to restore the default STV.

Any idea where I went wrong? Phoenix worked perfectly on the Windows client, but it won't play along with my HD300.

Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:38 AM
stuckless's Avatar
stuckless stuckless is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 9,713
That is odd, especially since I run it on 3 HD300 extenders. I guess my only suggestion would be package up the sagetv_0.txt log and the logs from the logs/ directory. Maybe that could shed some light on things.

You can delete the properties in the clients/ directory and that will force you to start a new configuration when you reconnect. If you don't want to delete them just delete the ones where the STV property is set to Phoenix.xml or Phoenix2.xml.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:53 PM
peternm22 peternm22 is offline
Sage Expert
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 709
Thanks, I made a backup of the extender properties files and then deleted them from the clients folder. Allowed me to load Phoenix no problem on the HD300. Must have had some property in there that conflicted with the Phoenix UI.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Utility: Phoenix Tools - Phoenix Renamer stuckless SageTV v7 Customizations 116 04-27-2017 10:42 AM
Went from Phoenix to Gemston - Phoenix UI keeps loading uberpixel Gemstone for v7 4 12-28-2012 01:27 AM
Phoenix Error after deleting Phoenix UI wayner Phoenix 9 01-03-2012 11:08 PM
Phoenix Source (and how to rebuild Phoenix from sources) stuckless Phoenix 2 09-22-2011 10:26 PM
HD300 won't boot with Phoenix Joebob Phoenix 14 06-27-2011 04:26 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 2003-2005 SageTV, LLC. All rights reserved.