SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

FYI - You will need to do this using the copy mode.

I tried to create a new menu item using the "PlayON (needs Plug-in)" item and it won't work. I also don't see how to easily create the correct option if I was trying to create the choice from scratch.

Yeah, I also realize this isn't "PlayOn" but "UPnP (PlayOn) Browser"

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I'm up and running with PlayOn and the UPnP Browser. I can download and watch shows, so all is great.

I do have one question: regarding file naming convention.

The TV shows have an underscore (_) instead of spaces, so a show like "Mad About You" is saved as "Mad_About_You". Also, there are other characters in the saved filename such that Sage doesn't scrape the metadata. The full filename looks like the following:

Mad_About_You - s01e01__The_Kid_Leaves.mpg

I see the shows in the TV folder, and all play just fine, just that the metadata doesn't show up. I've looked at the UPnP settings, and don't see where I can adjust / edit this. Anyone have ideas or solutions?
Old 01-04-2020, 03:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does anyone have info on how the &#%@#% to get this working? I have the plugins installed (both "UPnP (PlayOn) Browser" and "UPnP Support," both listed as by tmiranda. I somehow got a menu entry for "PlayOn" (standard STV, and used ADM to get the menu entry there in the first place) but when I click it nothing at all happens. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. I also, of course, have PlayOn installed on the same box as my Sage server.

I also have a "Up&P browser" menu selection, which finds the running PlayOn servers. I can browse & play recordings from the PlayOn server that happens to be on the same computer as the one on which I'm running a placeshifter client, but although it also shows the PO server that shares computer as my Sage server, it s hows only a list of "Unknown Title" folders which it says are empty. But there are real, non-empty folders there. So I can sorta browse & play stuff I've already recorded using PlayOn (though it's easier to do that by accessing imported videos, since PO's download location is also a video import location for Sage.) Is that all this is supposed to be able to do or is it supposed be able to execute functions similar to the PlayOn app on a phone or tablet, which is really just a front-end for what you can do with your PlayOn server via a web link (http://m.playon.tv/).
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.

Last edited by VCRUser; 01-04-2020 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2020, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I decided to just create an import directory in Sage to which I download Playon media. Sage adopts it as in import (sometimes I have to force a scan), browse to it on any extender, and watch it. It's not fully integrated, but it turns out that it's fairly painless.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question for this group.

I've got Playon working with /through UPnP inside Gemstone. That all works just fine.

However, I still have the dreaded low resolution issue (720x404). I've made the sage.properties entry that Fuzzy speaks about, but new shows are still downloaded with the lower resolution.

Is there another setting? Fix? Adjustment? that I might try?

EDIT: by the way, if I download directly from the PlayOn program, I do, indeed, get 720P.

Last edited by Deano; 01-11-2020 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-16-2020, 04:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just a bump...
Old 03-15-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm still having issues with resolution using the UPnP browser and PlayOn.

Any recommendations or suggestions to get PlayOn to download through SageTV at 720P resolution?

EDIT: just a bump; also, I've made the change to make Playon believe SageTV is XBMC already.....

Last edited by Deano; 03-21-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just a bump...

Nobody with any ideas on the resolution issue?
Old 03-31-2020, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I never got it working from SageTV.

When I want to download something for permanent archive, I make a note in Google Keep, while I'm watching SageTV. Then, when I am in front of my PC, where Playon Desktop is installed, I review my notes and trigger the download from the desktop. I have Playon running on a Windows VM on my Unraid server and it seems to perform OK. It downloads directly to an import directory that Sage recognizes.

The above work-around resolves the I-don't-want-720x404-MPEGs-I-want-1280x720-MP4s problem for me.
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA
Old 04-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

I pretty much gave up getting it to work at all from Sage. It can see stuff on my PlayOn server, but I can't get to a recording interface. Instead, I either use my desktop computer with PlayOn installed, or use the cellphone app. The latter is ok for one-offs; for batch recordings in PlayOn, the desktop version is the only way to go.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply from each of you. Not the response that I had hoped for, but the response I may have been expecting.

I, too, and downloading outside of Sage for anything I want with "gooder" resolution. I guess Fuzzy's "trick" no longer works, and nothing new ever came out.
Old 06-20-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage User

HTTP 416 Range Not Satisfiable Error

Hi, After long use of EvilPenguin's PlayOn plugin, it stopped working months ago. I've tried this plugin (PlayOn Browser), but it only works with short videos (i.e. trailer-length). Any episode/movie length videos fail with http 416 range not satisfied error.

Has anyone encountered/resolved this issue before?

Thanks in advance!