SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-26-2016, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Regarding the missing episodes list as it applies to a Favorites show that is marked to only record new episodes; will this have the capability for the user to select a missing episode in the list, and mark it as "record anyway" which will monitor the EPG and record the missing favorite even if it is a rerun, possibly as a manual recording?
No. But please add an issue to the list with this request and I will take a look at it.

I planned on enhancing the System Alert screen when a missing episode is listed to offer some options such as marking the previous episode as a double count episode, or just displaying all that seasons episodes or ??? So this type feature may fit in that solution.

k
Old 03-26-2016, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Can this missing episode system include shows that have been compressed and have a filename/extension other than Sage provided initially, or shows that came from my own DVD library for example? My file compression/archival filenames are being generated by referencing theTVdb.com so the showname is understood, and S01E01 is included in the filename as an example, and I do see the current Gemstone is typically recognizing my archived TV series that are now compressed into a different file and moved to an import directory, so is Gemstone also getting this data and cover-art and such from theTVdb?
Old 03-26-2016, 08:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Can this missing episode system include shows that have been compressed and have a filename/extension other than Sage provided initially, or shows that came from my own DVD library for example? My file compression/archival filenames are being generated by referencing theTVdb.com so the showname is understood, and S01E01 is included in the filename as an example, and I do see the current Gemstone is typically recognizing my archived TV series that are now compressed into a different file and moved to an import directory, so is Gemstone also getting this data and cover-art and such from theTVdb?
As long as you are managing metadata through BMT or properties etc and using Gemstone then when a scan completes it will run a check of tv episodes if this is enabled.

I hate starting an episode only to discover i am lost and it turns out i missed a previous episode....so this is something i will certainly use. Hopefully others will find it useful too.

k
Old 03-29-2016, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

How would you prefer feature suggestions? I started playing with Gemstone again so I could document some of the things that have stopped me from using it:
  • Re-accessing a flow from the main menu starts at the top every time
  • Hitting back (vs left) in a sublevel returns to the main menu instead of the parent level.
  • The stock SageTV recordings list is replaced
    • Specifically the "stock" recordings list in Gemstone does not promote single item folders, ie everything's a folder even single items.
    • I couldn't find a way to use "intelligent" sorting in the recordings list
    • I couldn't find a way to sort on last recorded
Old 03-29-2016, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
How would you prefer feature suggestions? I started playing with Gemstone again so I could document some of the things that have stopped me from using it:
  • Re-accessing a flow from the main menu starts at the top every time
  • Hitting back (vs left) in a sublevel returns to the main menu instead of the parent level.
  • The stock SageTV recordings list is replaced
    • Specifically the "stock" recordings list in Gemstone does not promote single item folders, ie everything's a folder even single items.
    • I couldn't find a way to use "intelligent" sorting in the recordings list
    • I couldn't find a way to sort on last recorded
Any discussions here on the forums but issues and enhancements go here on github.

I have struggled with the updates to the stock tv lists. They have been updated as originally the flow system did not exist. Now, if i revert them entirely i may have as many upset users as users who prefer the stock ones. My preference is to make enhancements to the flows so they can be the one stop shop for tv, movies, music etc. So let me know how the flows need improving to meet your needs.

But feel free to write issues related to the stock lists too...as if we broke something then we should fix it .

k
Old 03-29-2016, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

To sort by last recorded try this:
On the TV recordings screen bring up options, then click views. One of the Gemstone View Options should by TV Shows by recent. Try that.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
To sort by last recorded try this:
On the TV recordings screen bring up options, then click views. One of the Gemstone View Options should by TV Shows by recent. Try that.
I tried that, but that gets all TV, not just recordings, and I didn't see a way to filter on recordings. There's manual/favorite, but that won't show IRs.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I tried that, but that gets all TV, not just recordings, and I didn't see a way to filter on recordings. There's manual/favorite, but that won't show IRs.
Under filters, try mediatype filter and then on the next screen try recordings or some of the other options.

k
Old 03-31-2016, 05:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Hm, I could have sworn I'd looked through all the filter options, but I'll check again.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

So here is one issue I've noticed regarding fanart. Why does background fanart that is applied automatically use a different scaling than background fanart that is selected manually? For example, if you add new media, the default background that is scraped and loaded seems to be loaded at the "Full Background" scaling level. If I manually select to change the background either in Gemstone or BMT, than the "Background" scaling level is used (which at default is a much lower scaling factor). This is an easy fix by changing the scaling levels, but why isn't the behavior the same to begin with?
Old 04-06-2016, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk2 View Post
So here is one issue I've noticed regarding fanart. Why does background fanart that is applied automatically use a different scaling than background fanart that is selected manually? For example, if you add new media, the default background that is scraped and loaded seems to be loaded at the "Full Background" scaling level. If I manually select to change the background either in Gemstone or BMT, than the "Background" scaling level is used (which at default is a much lower scaling factor). This is an easy fix by changing the scaling levels, but why isn't the behavior the same to begin with?
Sounds like a bug. Can you open an issue on the Github site.

thanks
k
Old 05-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hello jusjoken, I've put together some things I would like to see in Gemstone 2 if possible. Please also let me know how to send you a few dollars since I missed your campaign. I'm excited to see what you'll put out

Some of these probably aren't even related to or fixable by Gemstone and some I could probably fix with the existing settings if I knew what I was doing, but here is a list of the things that would make things smoother for me.

Problems:

1. When I select a menu item (type: "File Browser: Local") and then hit 'Back', instead of going back to the previous menu it stays in "file browser" and just goes up a directory each time I hit 'Back'. It's pretty annoying.

2. When I allow a video to play to completion, it pops me into malore menus (which I do not even use) instead of either popping me back to the flow that I actually opened the file from, or just doing nothing.

3. Can't Paste text in menu manager (adding UNC paths etc. by hand is a pain)

Wants:

1. In Local File Browser, I would love an option to Move a file(actually a folder and all its contents) in addition to the existing Play, Copy and Delete options. Often I want to move a folder from a non library location to a specific indexed library location and have to exit the UI to do so... and I hate exiting the UI!

2. I would like to be able to add the current gold, silver and bitcoin price to always show in the top left of the main menu, up where the time/date/recording status etc. are.

3. Better audio and video podcast handling would be great as well as an RSS reader. I know sage has podcast support of some kind but I think we call something different a podcast now.. that or I may just have been confused when I tried to add my podcasts to SageTV years ago.

4. Option for Screen saver to show random Music or Movie fanart instead of bouncing SageTV logo.

5. I would love to see more concentration on music. I rarely use the sage music player but if these things were possible I'd use it all the time:

Quote:
A. Support for Milkdrop/2 visualizations would be huge for me.

B. Support for showing lyrics like Foobar2000 and Winamp would also be huge.

C. View by Album Artist (not just artist)

D. Filter by Bitrate (ie. 320kbps+, Lossless, etc.) or better yet create custom filters based on any available metadata

E. I really want to create a menu item that will play all songs which meet a certain filter's (ie. 320kbps+, Lossless, etc.) criteria, in random play. Currently I have to go into playlists->play all songs or create an external playlist as the best options.
Thanks for your time reading this and if you'd like any more info about anything just ask
Old 10-22-2016, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

How are things going on this?
Old 10-22-2016, 04:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How are things going on this?
Found a little time so i am starting up development again and determining what parts to work on.

k
Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Good to hear. I am willing to be a beta testing volunteer.

By the way, I don't know if this is expected behaviour or not but I was trying to Import a settings file into V9 client and it wouldn't import - it just seem to hang at the import stage. This is a settings file that was saved from the server and it works fine on extenders. Can you not import a server/miniclient settings file into client?
Old 10-25-2016, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good to hear. I am willing to be a beta testing volunteer.

By the way, I don't know if this is expected behaviour or not but I was trying to Import a settings file into V9 client and it wouldn't import - it just seem to hang at the import stage. This is a settings file that was saved from the server and it works fine on extenders. Can you not import a server/miniclient settings file into client?
it should work. if you can repeat the process with debug on and upload the gemstone and sage logs i may be able to find the issue.

k
Old 11-10-2016, 10:51 AM
Sage User

What's most important to me is that gemstone doesn't hog and leak memory. I loved it on sage v7.1.9 but every week I'd have to completely shut down sage server and UI in order to get memory back under control (running win7 32-bit). Moving back to Legacy Diamond solved all those problems, but resulted in an inferior solution that is dead and has it's own quirks.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
it should work. if you can repeat the process with debug on and upload the gemstone and sage logs i may be able to find the issue.

k
I started a new thread on this issue in the Gemstone for V7 forum.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:38 PM
SageTVaholic

You probably know this but when you import settings it needs to reload the UI which it doesn't currently do. So you get your old menus until you kill the client and reload.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You probably know this but when you import settings it needs to reload the UI which it doesn't currently do. So you get your old menus until you kill the client and reload.
Can you add a issue to the G2 issues list so I add this ability