SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
You probably know this but when you import settings it needs to reload the UI which it doesn't currently do. So you get your old menus until you kill the client and reload.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Can you add a issue to the G2 issues list so I add this ability
I've done the import settings quite a bit and I've never experienced this. Unless I missing something else, here.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I've done the import settings quite a bit and I've never experienced this. Unless I missing something else, here.
Do you change the main menu structure when you do this? When I import new settings some things will change, like widgets, but the menu structure stays as original until I do a reload of the UI. See screenshots below:

(Original)

(Immediately after import - widget appears and background changed but menu is still original)

(Final - menu has changed)
Old 01-08-2017, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Would be good to have an issue open regardless to remind me to look at this.

However, it should be noted that the Menu design behind the scenes has changed ENTIRELY to now use the phoenix core menu apis (this reduces the code we need to maintain greatly). This also allowed me to add some cool new features to have phoenix view results as menu items...more on this later.

Now this does mean I need to rebuild the menu import portion of the code as well so I will review to ensure menus load on import.

PS: the bad news is it is VERY unlikely I am going to build a converter from G1 to G2 menus so you may need to use the menu manager and rebuild your menus when G2 comes out. I believe the rest of your G1 settings will import into G2.

k
Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

That's fine with me - it isn't too bad to do it on one UI and get everything right and then import/export to the other extenders.

Currently I am actually using G1 on both my production V7 system and on my dev V9 system. On the production system I am actually using the default TV screens - the problem with this is that they customizations on theses screens/menus don't import/export.

On the dev server I am using the Gemstone TV screens but the family hates the fact that when a show ends it goes back up to the top of the list.

I look forward to seeing G2.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On the dev server I am using the Gemstone TV screens but the family hates the fact that when a show ends it goes back up to the top of the list.

I look forward to seeing G2.
I hate it too. its fixed in G2 but in G1 i am now in the habit of pressing down then up and that resolves it.

k
Old 01-08-2017, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Currently I am actually using G1 on both my production V7 system and on my dev V9 system. On the production system I am actually using the default TV screens - the problem with this is that they customizations on theses screens/menus don't import/export.
In G2 I have removed all the default tv screens. to the user they are still available in the menu system but they actually launch the core stv with a gemstone looking theme directly to those screens and when you use back or home you will return to G2. its pretty quick and seamless and removes bloat and risk and bugs from a complex plugin where those are not the primary focus....but remain available.

And like i did when we moved from diamond to G1 i plan to ensure users can continue to run an unsupported G1 if they are not happy with the changes to G2.

k
Old 01-08-2017, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

One other weird thing occurs in this UI. Notice in the photos above how the footer border does not show up. This only occurs on my V9 unRAID server and not on my V7 Win7 Sage machine nor my V9 Win10 Sage machine.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Sage Expert

Is Gemstone 2 still being worked on, planned?
Old 08-15-2017, 03:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Last post on this was that jusjoken was hoping to get back to this in the autumn.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:28 PM
Sage Expert

OK thanks
Old 08-15-2017, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
OK thanks
Yep,,,what he said. And there will be at least 1 more gemstone 1 release soon to catch it up with the recent core changed and a couple bug fixes

k
Old 03-15-2018, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Hi jusjoken,

We used to use Diamond, and now we use Gemstone; thank you for all the work you have put into these.

This preview thread got us excited about the new version. Just wondering if you had a status update to share on this project?
Old 03-15-2018, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirin View Post
Hi jusjoken,

We used to use Diamond, and now we use Gemstone; thank you for all the work you have put into these.

This preview thread got us excited about the new version. Just wondering if you had a status update to share on this project?
Its really been 2 full years since I first posted about the work i was doing on G2....

I still plan to move forward with it but have had little time and G1 works so well for me it isn't forcing me to make it a priority.

So no news but still planned for the future.

k
Old 03-16-2018, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Its really been 2 full years since I first posted about the work i was doing on G2....

I still plan to move forward with it but have had little time and G1 works so well for me it isn't forcing me to make it a priority.

k
Question for you from a complete, GUI noob: can things like Gemstone be run independently on Placeshifter or Clients, without being run on the server, or is it a trickle down technology, so to speak...
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
Question for you from a complete, GUI noob: can things like Gemstone be run independently on Placeshifter or Clients, without being run on the server, or is it a trickle down technology, so to speak...
You can have multiple clients and have only some of them running the Gemstone UI. The UI on the server does not need to also use that UI.

The one thing to keep in mind is that mini-clients (HDxxx or placeshifters or Android devices etc.) use the servers Heap space so as Gemstone consumes more Heap then you need more heap on the server as you have more mini-clients running that UI. Windows clients have their own Heap so they do not consume the servers heap space.

Hope that helps....questions always welcome.

k
Old 03-19-2018, 08:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

k
Thanks for the update
I've played with all the phoenix variations, and I keep coming back to G1. So good.