SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo View Post
So, when I do this, Kodi scans my Recordings folder, but nothing is added to the library. The only way I can view the recordings is through file mode.

I read a while back that Kodi only adds shows to your lib if each show is in its own folder or if the filename is in a different format. When I was using MythTV (because Google took Sage from us), I had a similar issue and had a bg script running to create symlinks in the format that Kodi liked, because there was really no other reasonable way to watch MythTV recordings. I was hoping with Sage, there wouldn't be a need to do that.

Anyway, I'd love to figure out how to integrate SageTV recordings into Kodi, but the mini client on FireTV is a better experience anyway, so I'll just stick with that.
The PVR implementation in Kodi is still very lacking. They want to be a frontend for so many different PVR solutions that that would be fine if they were actually a good frontend. I don't know if it's lack of understanding how users expect to be able to interact with a PVR or general disinterest in working on it. I feel like much of the appeal of having a SageTV frontend in Kodi is gone because if you run SageTV on Android you have have everything else you likely want available because it's Android.

For what it's worth, I did use MythTV with Kodi about a year ago and the experience was really really basic. Unless you have never used a good PVR solution before, I can't imagine anyone thinking "This is perfect!"
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-03-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Didn’t even know this existed! It’s so close to working too. This could be a big win as extenders get harder and harder to find. I would be willing to pay �� for a working version of this client too. I am trying to get it working on the FireTV Stick.

Update: Got it all working! I just had to go into settings before you connect to the server and tell it to use EXOPlayer for video playback.

My only question at this point is how do I turn down the volume on the client to 95%. I find the gain is too high when it runs at 100% and causes clipping in the audio.

Last edited by NoodleNT; 11-03-2017 at 08:22 AM.