SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 08-19-2016, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Stuckless, running the 9.0.0.6 version and getting this error

Code:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: sagex.api.FavoriteAPI.GetFavoritePerson
when the Favorite Excluder plugin is initialized. It's only GetFavoritePerson that's having an issue. It's not complaing about GetFavoriteKeyword, GetFavoriteTitle or GetFavoriteCategory

John
That is interesting, since, the API is still in there and it's in the sagex wrappers...
https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...voriteAPI.java

Could I see the Java/STV code that is calling this?

This is why I decided to update these pieces in smaller chunks... it would be hard to troubleshoot this stuff if I updated sagex, phoenix, jetty, etc, all at once
Old 08-19-2016, 06:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
PS I deleted the plugin and reinstalled it, and then rebooted the system to restart sage (linux is so fast doing a reboot!).

Then when I did the same query before in chrome, I got this:

{"sagexVersion":"9.0.0","exception":"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:200)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.handleRequest(ApiHandler.java:140)\n\tat sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doPost(SagexServlet.java:87)\n\tat sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doGet(SagexServlet.java:41)\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)\n\tat org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)\n\tat org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)\nCaused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0\n\tat jdk.internal.dynalink.beans.BeanLinker.rangeCheck(BeanLinker.java:369)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$Recompilation$4$1499A$\\^eval\\_.GetMediaFileForName(<eval>:79)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunctionData.invoke(ScriptFunctionData.java:639)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunction.invoke(ScriptFunction.java:494)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptRuntime.apply(ScriptRuntime.java:393)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.ScriptObjectMirror.callMember(ScriptObjectMirror.java:199)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.invokeImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:383)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.invokeFunction(NashornScriptEngine.java:190)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ServiceFactory.callService(ServiceFactory.java:86)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:198)\n\t... 22 more\n","error":"java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0"}

Followed by:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /sagex/api. Reason:

Sage Servlet Failed: null
Powered by Jetty://

And then this again:

{"sagexVersion":"9.0.0","exception":"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:200)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.handleRequest(ApiHandler.java:140)\n\tat sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doPost(SagexServlet.java:87)\n\tat sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doGet(SagexServlet.java:41)\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)\n\tat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)\n\tat org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)\n\tat org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)\n\tat org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)\nCaused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0\n\tat jdk.internal.dynalink.beans.BeanLinker.rangeCheck(BeanLinker.java:369)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.scripts.Script$Recompilation$4$1499A$\\^eval\\_.GetMediaFileForName(<eval>:79)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunctionData.invoke(ScriptFunctionData.java:639)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptFunction.invoke(ScriptFunction.java:494)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.internal.runtime.ScriptRuntime.apply(ScriptRuntime.java:393)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.ScriptObjectMirror.callMember(ScriptObjectMirror.java:199)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.invokeImpl(NashornScriptEngine.java:383)\n\tat jdk.nashorn.api.scripting.NashornScriptEngine.invokeFunction(NashornScriptEngine.java:190)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ServiceFactory.callService(ServiceFactory.java:86)\n\tat sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.callService(ApiHandler.java:198)\n\t... 22 more\n","error":"java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array index out of range: 1.0"}

Very odd.

Thanks!
Mike
So, if you do a /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=T does that work? We need to separate out whether this is something in sagex or in the plex.js... right now, it based on the error, it looks like plex.js is having the issue.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:02 AM
SageTVaholic

There is definitely some kind of upgrade problem going on with the unRAID Docker image. I did the upgrade to 9.0.0.6 last night. The manifest still shows 9.0.0.3. Also, this JAR seems to require a SageTV restart. I get a 404 when I try to do an api query.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
There is definitely some kind of upgrade problem going on with the unRAID Docker image. I did the upgrade to 9.0.0.6 last night. The manifest still shows 9.0.0.3. Also, this JAR seems to require a SageTV restart. I get a 404 when I try to do an api query.
The JAR would require a sagetv restart, for sure... but not sure why the manifest would only be showing 9003. I'll update my production system and see what it does. (I normally test on my dev system)
Old 08-19-2016, 07:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
The JAR would require a sagetv restart, for sure... but not sure why the manifest would only be showing 9003. I'll update my production system and see what it does. (I normally test on my dev system)
It's not requesting a restart when doing the upgrade.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is interesting, since, the API is still in there and it's in the sagex wrappers...
https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...voriteAPI.java

Could I see the Java/STV code that is calling this?

This is why I decided to update these pieces in smaller chunks... it would be hard to troubleshoot this stuff if I updated sagex, phoenix, jetty, etc, all at once
Not a JAVA guy, but could it be because of this
Code:
if (o!=null) return (java.lang.Object) o;
at 486 and 581 here. GetFavoritePerson was returning an object in V9 until this change reverted it back to returning a string like V7.

John
Old 08-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

I really don't understand how all this works but if that is the issue then there may be a few other things that refer to Person Objects rather than Strings
line 143 in FavoriteAPIFactory.java
line 1275 in FavoriteAPI.java

and is line 711 in the SageTV FavoriteAPI.java right

John
Old 08-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
So, if you do a /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=T does that work? We need to separate out whether this is something in sagex or in the plex.js... right now, it based on the error, it looks like plex.js is having the issue.
Stuckless, this command times out. Doesn't return anything. What should it do?

Thx
mike
Old 08-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

PS one odd thing, since going to version 9.0.0.6 of the plugin, plex finds one (1) recording, and has correct metadata for that. It doesn't find any others, and sometimes after a scan its a different program, but always only 1 show.

Before 9.0.0.6, plex would find nothing.

So it seems we are close, but something weird is definitely going on.

thx
mike
Old 08-19-2016, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
It's not requesting a restart when doing the upgrade.
Are you installed the "sagex-services" or the "sagex-api" installing sagex services doesn't necesarily upgrade sagex api (it does now, but it didn't used to). So to make sure you'll want to go to the library section and find sagex-api and upgrade it. That should force a sagetv restart.

Quote:
Stuckless, this command times out. Doesn't return anything. What should it do?

Thx
mike
Add &size=2 ie, /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=TV&size=2

Quote:
PS one odd thing, since going to version 9.0.0.6 of the plugin, plex finds one (1) recording, and has correct metadata for that. It doesn't find any others, and sometimes after a scan its a different program, but always only 1 show.

Before 9.0.0.6, plex would find nothing.

So it seems we are close, but something weird is definitely going on.

thx
mike
I think I'm going to have to install the plex plugin to troubleshoot this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I really don't understand how all this works but if that is the issue then there may be a few other things that refer to Person Objects rather than Strings
line 143 in FavoriteAPIFactory.java
line 1275 in FavoriteAPI.java

and is line 711 in the SageTV FavoriteAPI.java right

John
John there is new version in the plugin reop...thanks, your research pointed me in the right direction... I installed the plugin to look at the code and i could see what was going on.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Are you installed the "sagex-services" or the "sagex-api" installing sagex services doesn't necesarily upgrade sagex api (it does now, but it didn't used to). So to make sure you'll want to go to the library section and find sagex-api and upgrade it. That should force a sagetv restart.
Ok, that last one upgraded the JAR ok. I'm not really sure what it was doing before.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
John there is new version in the plugin reop...thanks, your research pointed me in the right direction... I installed the plugin to look at the code and i could see what was going on.
Thanks, that's fixed it.

John
Old 08-19-2016, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Add &size=2 ie, /sagex/api?c=GetMediaFiles&1=TV&size=2

I think I'm going to have to install the plex plugin to troubleshoot this

You don't need to debug the plex plugin - it all works now! 👍👍👍

Your latest update fixed everything. Actually. I think it was that I wasn't updating the library along with the sagex service. 😲

Thanks so much for fixing this! All the manual queries also seem to work fine now too.

Thanks!!!!!!
Mike
Old 08-20-2016, 04:44 AM
SageTVaholic

So that is good news... sagex appears to upgraded and working. Next step is phoenix and then bmt and then the jetty web server.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

A couple of my SJQ tasks stopped working recently. Looking at the logs there is the following note:

Code:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sagex/api/LocatorAPI
   at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.agent.ScriptRunner.exec(ScriptRunner.java:82)
Any thoughts?
Old 08-20-2016, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
A couple of my SJQ tasks stopped working recently. Looking at the logs there is the following note:

Code:
   at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sjq.agent.ScriptRunner.exec(ScriptRunner.java:82)
Any thoughts?
I'm pretty sure the Locator does not reside in it's own API anymore - looks like another change from 7 to 9. There are now just a couple functions in 9's Utility API for dealing with the locator service.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-20-2016, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post

Code:
Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm pretty sure the Locator does not reside in it's own API anymore - looks like another change from 7 to 9. There are now just a couple functions in 9's Utility API for dealing with the locator service.
I'll add a Stub class to sagex api, that won't do anything but, should allow the sjq stuff to start... i can see from the code in sjq that it will try to create an instance of LocatorAPI and when that hapens now, it will fail.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

I uploaded 9.0.0.8 that has a stubbed LocatorAPI class. It has no APIs but, hopefully, it will allow older code to at least load.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:07 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I uploaded 9.0.0.8 that has a stubbed LocatorAPI class. It has no APIs but, hopefully, it will allow older code to at least load.
Thanks! My SJQ tasks are running again!
Old 09-16-2016, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I think skiingwiz took over the web app from Slugger. I am not sure if anyone took over the groovy stuff.
That's true, I did. I haven't had time to do much of anything with it. I'm happy to hand it over or make updates if there are specific things that need to change.