SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-17-2018, 02:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having the same issue with a minor variation. For one thing, I don't think this is Harmony related.

I have a ShieldTV 2017, FLIRC and a ProntoPro TSU-9600 remote. My FLIRC/ShieldTV is also not playing well with the SageTV miniclient and the OK/Enter button.

Oddly, the FLIRC "OK/Enter" button works perfectly fine with the ShieldTV for every other application except on the SageTV MiniClient. It would seem that the ShieldTV can read the OK button just fine.

To me, it sounds like this could be something where the SageTV MiniClient isn't handling the Enter/OK button very well when it comes from the FLIRC/USB interface for some reason. The SageTV handles a Bluetooth Keyboard Enter Key OK, and it also handles the OK key from the ShieldTV controller without any issues.

I have entered Issue #78 on GitHub.

Thanks,

AJ

SageTV: v9.x (on Win7x64)
CPU: Core i7-3770 @ 3.40+ GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
GPU: nVidia GTX-770
RCVR: HD-Homerun
STB: STX-HD100, HD-300
Old 06-21-2018, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
In the miniclient there is a setting to turn on remote key debugging... ie, it shows a message with the key name if it's not mapped. Turn it on, and see what it says.
A dumb question I'm sure; but where do I find this setting?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
Network Guy,
Here is the flirc config file that you requested. I Use it with a Harmony 650. I downloaded the sagetv cheat sheet for keyboard shortcuts but I don't know where I found it. I did have to add a few commands in sage such as smooth FF, smooth rewind,prev chan, audio, ABC-123, and subtitle toggle. I just used CTRL I, CTRL D, etc...
Hope this helps.
Brian
Stumbling my way through this but I can’t seem to figure out how to apply a preconfigured cfg file. What controller did you tell the flirt software you were using? Did you then remap the buttons to the sage commands in the cfg file?
Old 11-02-2018, 04:44 AM
Sage Fanatic

Finally came up with my own plan for this that makes sense to me and seems to work well so far, thought I would share for anyone who finds this later.

I added the mi box as well as a "windows computer" to the harmony remote. The "computer" is actually just the harmony hub itself, which will present itself as a bluetooth keyboard that the mi box can see. You set up an activity from the phone app to including both the mi box and the "computer", and eventually the app will tell the harmony hub to look for a device to pair with as a keyboard. Then, go to the mi box settings under "add device" and tell it to look for a keyboard. No need for FLIRC with this setup.

Only thing I did after this was up and running was map the "exit" key on the remote to the Mi Box Home screen, so no matter what you are in, that harmony key functions like the circle button on the mi remote to send you back to the very beginning. To go back step by step, I use the button with the rounded "turn back" arrow and did not have to remap it, although many apps use the left directional arrow as well. Everything else just uses the directional arrows, and SageTV is just treated like any other app that you go into (except that you can map more keys to it). So in other words, I now have one instance of the mi box being the only thing needed to be attached to a TV for both SageTV and any app that can run on androidTV, and only one activity to turn it all on and off. So far so good, but I haven't had it set up very long. I would bet there will be issues with bluetooth and waking up the box, but we will see.