SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

What resolution to develop STV at?

I have my sagetv windows set to 1280 x 720 as it was my understanding that's the max the miniclient on android could display at. Is this not correct? I am noticing major differences in my computer dev and my tv display.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
I have my sagetv windows set to 1280 x 720 as it was my understanding that's the max the miniclient on android could display at. Is this not correct? I am noticing major differences in my computer dev and my tv display.
What are the differences? Android client actually renders at TV native resolution, although I suspect, internally sagetv might be rendering a smaller UI and just sending the commands to scale it up to the TV resolution.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:47 PM
SageTVaholic

My PC that I develop on is set at 960x540. I've never had trouble. You do need to make sure you have the TV set to as close to max resolution as possible - by default some tv's will scale stuff weirdly.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
What are the differences? Android client actually renders at TV native resolution, although I suspect, internally sagetv might be rendering a smaller UI and just sending the commands to scale it up to the TV resolution.
It was my understanding the max the miniclient supported was 720p and upscaled form there (hd300) may be different for android. I am talking UI rendering not video playback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
My PC that I develop on is set at 960x540. I've never had trouble. You do need to make sure you have the TV set to as close to max resolution as possible - by default some tv's will scale stuff weirdly.

ok I will try 960x540 in my development thank you for that I'll see if I get better results. Just scaling fanart and stuff I try to get as close as possible to original aspect so when I saw it on the tv I was like no no no
Old 11-07-2016, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeProject View Post
It was my understanding the max the miniclient supported was 720p and upscaled form there (hd300) may be different for android. I am talking UI rendering not video playback.
Yeah, I'm taking UI. The miniclient tells SageTV what it's window size is... i tell sagetv that it's the same as native tv. (there is an option in the minicient to set it half native as well, which means the android client will upscale the UI after rendering it.