SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Must i buy sageTV to Develop a plugin?

Do i have to purchase Sage TV in order to develop for it?

I would like to develop a plug-in that grabs the raw TV signal or frequency that comes into my TV tuner. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 HDTV PCIe.
is this possible?
Old 03-06-2010, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

If you want to be able to continue debugging (and using) your plugin beyond the 21-day trial period, then yes, you'll need a valid SageTV license.

The SageTV API does not provide access to raw TV signals. What specifically are you trying to accomplish?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't think you can even launch Studio on the trial version.

I think if you want to grab the raw signal you'd be better off interacting directly with the device driver and there is no way to do that through Sage. I'd do some Googling and checking on the Hauppauge site to see what the device driver API looks like.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalise View Post
I would like to develop a plug-in that grabs the raw TV signal or frequency that comes into my TV tuner. I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 HDTV PCIe.
is this possible?
You might want to look at TSReader:
http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/
Old 03-11-2010, 07:28 PM

stanger89

Thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for! I spent a lot of time searching the net but never came across this. i was asking this question because i was gonna write my own program to do this but i guess i don't need to.
Thanks a to everyone who responded to my post and if anyone has information about other applications please post.