SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 01-18-2017, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
What I meant was it doesn't show up in the list of android tv apps here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...apps_all?hl=en

BTW! Does the mini client feed all the metadata about recordings, videos, etc... into the android TV comprehensive search? So if I search for greys anatomy, sage recordings should show up in addition to Netflix, etc....

Thx!
Mike
That's a "promoted" list.. ie, I can pay to have it show up there... but why would I

The MiniClient does the same as the HD300/HD200, so the short answer is "yes", since it just renders the same UI that any other sagetv extender would render.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
Does the mini client feed all the metadata about recordings, videos, etc... into the android TV comprehensive search? So if I search for greys anatomy, sage recordings should show up in addition to Netflix, etc....
No, it does not currently do that. Currently, the miniclient is very controlled by the SageTV Server, so the miniclient only gets told what to draw on the screen, and what to play, and it sends back keystrokes. That's almost it, so it doesn't even know what videos it has. To implement the google search, it would take adding quite a bit to it that isn't there (a whole new process) to fetch that information from the server, and to be able to launch the miniclient and start playback of the selected item from the search results.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room

Last edited by Fuzzy; 01-18-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just wondering if others are having issues with the pause function while using IJKPlayer on a ShieldTV. If I pause I cannot resume my instance is frozen but if I use Exoplayer I can pause and resume although my audio doesn't seem to play correctly.

I'm wondering what settings other people are using because I've tried playing with cache and disk settings (maxing out the disk cache seemed to cause problems so I've lowered it to the smallest now)
Old 01-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacrament055 View Post
Just wondering if others are having issues with the pause function while using IJKPlayer on a ShieldTV. If I pause I cannot resume my instance is frozen but if I use Exoplayer I can pause and resume although my audio doesn't seem to play correctly.

I'm wondering what settings other people are using because I've tried playing with cache and disk settings (maxing out the disk cache seemed to cause problems so I've lowered it to the smallest now)
FYI, if you're not getting any audio you may need to disable audio bitstreaming for Exoplayer.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

What is the filetype that you are pausing? I've never seen this issue, myself, so I'm wondering if it's mpeg2 files?
Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
What is the filetype that you are pausing? I've never seen this issue, myself, so I'm wondering if it's mpeg2 files?
Yes, OTA TV. Works fine on my hd300 so I'm assuming it's just the shieldTV with ijkplayer.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, OTA TV. Works fine on my hd300 so I'm assuming it's just the shieldTV with ijkplayer.
That's too bad... I've seen a number of odd things happening with mpeg2 (make me glad all my stuff is h264). It's odd that a simple "pause" and then "play" is causing a lockup of the video though. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can I do... At some point I'd like to get my HDHR up and running and start recording stuff, and maybe I can reproduce some of the issues. I have mpeg2 file that people have sent me with an issue, but when I play them, they play fine
Old 01-26-2017, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's too bad... I've seen a number of odd things happening with mpeg2 (make me glad all my stuff is h264). It's odd that a simple "pause" and then "play" is causing a lockup of the video though. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can I do... At some point I'd like to get my HDHR up and running and start recording stuff, and maybe I can reproduce some of the issues. I have mpeg2 file that people have sent me with an issue, but when I play them, they play fine
I watch OTA mpeg2 all the time and don't have this issue. I know that isn't helpful, but there may be something more going on. Would you be able to send a sample file? I just updated my shield to Android 7 so hopefully nothing broke.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I just updated my shield to Android 7 so hopefully nothing broke.
Fwiw, the miniclient has been working fine for me on the Shield with Android 7. I also have good playback using ijkplayer with MPEG2 from an HDHomeRun Prime.

Slightly off-topic Android TV v7 pro-tip: double click the Home button for the new app switcher. PiP with the Live Channels app is fun too.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way to send 'stop' command while watching liveTV?
i have a smart remote and if i don't somehow stop the liveTV, i find it still recording the next day. the same thing happens watching a recording in progress, for example when 'looking in' at a long recording in progress of the australian open, the recording doesn't stop at the end of the desired recording period.

the workaround i'm using is to go and watch something (anything) already recorded, which effectively terminates the liveTV aspect of what i had been watching.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
Can you not do a long-press OK/Select to bring up the controls?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 01-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
I believe the voice search button should bring up Options which has a Stop command.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I ended up doing 2 things and it's working properly now. I lowered my memory setting to 128 from 192 (not sure if that made a difference) and I noticed pause worked fine if I didn't use my FLIRC but instead used the built in pop up controls.

The fact that it worked without FLIRC clued me into the possibility of a linking problem so I unlinked my pause button and re-linked it and it's working now.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:38 AM
SageTVaholic

This has nothing to do with video file playback - however I also ended up lowering the memory from 192 to 128, and it improved the speed and responsiveness of the UI.

This was on the original Shield with the 5.0 (Android N) that just got pushed out to my device yesterday.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
I believe the voice search button should bring up Options which has a Stop command.
excellent, that does it.
thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Can you not do a long-press OK/Select to bring up the controls?
long-press select does bring up the controls but that screen will immediately disappear as soon as i lift my thumb to navigate.

microphone button seems to work though.
thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 01:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
This has nothing to do with video file playback - however I also ended up lowering the memory from 192 to 128, and it improved the speed and responsiveness of the UI.

This was on the original Shield with the 5.0 (Android N) that just got pushed out to my device yesterday.
I found that odd as well. Somehow seems to perform a little better with less memory.

I have the same setup as far as shieldtv and version
Old 01-27-2017, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I found that odd as well. Somehow seems to perform a little better with less memory.

I have the same setup as far as shieldtv and version
likely there is a sweet spot for memory... ie, at 32mb it really slows down... at 192... depending on what else is running they same could happen, since the jVM could be swapping. That's why I allow it to be changed.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've had long "connecting" periods as well... but I also got them on the HD300... The period of "connecting" is setting up the server context and prepping images... I haven't really looked to deeply into why it would sometimes take longer to connect.

One issue that did bother me, and why I increased the image caches on the client was, using some of the more fanart intensive UI (gemstone/phoenix) i'd get lags as I navigated items. I discovered this was related to the size of the image cache on the client. I was using a fixed 32mb cache, but some images that were being send across were 20+mb in size. This meant that before the UI would render it.. it would be unloading the "old" images to make room for the new ones. On the server this was taking 1-2 seconds become some of these images are quite large.

In phoenix core, I'm actually rescaling the images as they are downloaded, because there's point in having a 2000x3000 poster when the max size you'll ever show would only be the same as the UI height. Doing this dramaticaly increased the performance of the UI... since sagetv didn't have to load/cache it ont he server and the UI image cache could hold more images as well.

On my Shield, I actually set my UI image cache to be 192mb (default as of the latest release is 64mb, and before that it was 32mb).

I'll try to add more logging information around connecting to see where the connecting pauses are coming from.
Can you expound on where on the Android device to set the UI image cache level?

On my Android phone it remains very laggy.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 01-28-2017, 05:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
Can you expound on where on the Android device to set the UI image cache level?

On my Android phone it remains very laggy.
There is a "Image Memory Cache" section in the configuration options. So on a phone, you hit the "sprocket" icon to get to the configuration settings, and scroll down a bit.