SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 01-31-2017, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

How do you get all contexts listed in sage.properties

In the sage.properties file of SageTV for Windows (on either V7 or V9) there is info stored on the UI contexts like this:
Code:
sagex/uicontexts/001d6a4bffa4/ip=192.168.1.147
sagex/uicontexts/001d6a4bffa4/name=Exercise Rm
sagex/uicontexts/001d6a4bffa4/type=Hardware
But in my V9 file Sage.properties on unRAID I only appear to have the /name line, not the /type or /ip lines. Should those other lines be there or does the Linux server not need this info?

Is this information available via the API or do you have to parse it out of Sage.properties? (Note - some of this info is available with calls to Slugger's Global Helpers code)

GetUIContexts will get the current Global.UIContextNames and Global.GetConnectedClients will get the clients but that is only for currently connected devices. I am pretty sure that the Sage.properties file contains data for all clients/miniclients that have ever been connected to the server.

One other issue with the /ip field is that this info does not appear to be correct to me when the IP changes, such as for DHCP. The IP addresses defined for my extenders are not the correct IP addreses as I recently used DHCP reservations to put them in the 192.168.1.5X range.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Sage

That information is not written by the SageTV core...it must be by some plugin. We only track the client identifiers (MAC addresses) and you can get those by looking at the entries in the clients subfolder based on their filenames.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:36 AM
SageTVaholic

There are a couple of API calls that can return the addresses of all connected clients, but not the friendly names as you see there. SageTV does not support naming of clients, that is all 3rd party stuff.

GetConnectedClients() will return a list of all connected clients (this is full clients, as in the server based UI (SageTV.exe) and any connected windows clients (SageTVClient.exe). This is a list of IP addresses.
via sagex http://localhost:8080/sagex/api?c=GetConnectedClients

GetUIContextNames() will return a list of all UI Contexts on the server (this is miniclients, extenders, and placeshifter conenctions). This is a list of MAC addresses.
via sagex http://localhost:8080/sagex/api?c=GetUIContextNames

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-02-2017, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I am aware of that but it will also be useful to get a list of all known clients, whether connected or not, and somebody is storing those in the sage.properties file. It would be nice to be able to be able to get a client (in my case HD200 or HD300) to connect to Sage without actually going and physically turning it on and selecting the server. For example, if you have to restart the docker or the sage service for any reason it will disconnect all clients.

I am trying to figure out how to do this from my server, such as via a web UI. I may try to add this to the Sage web UI using the add-on groovy web pages functionality that Slugger added a few years ago.

The next problem is figuring out how to change the server via a telnet session. It seems different for an HD200 vs an HD300. Rebooting a server via telnet is trivial, changing the server seems to be a bit trickier as it will involve editing some config files but I haven't yet been able to figure out which config files that is.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:31 AM
SageTVaholic

You're going to have to script (at least) the telnet session to log in and kill waitpower on the extender anyway, so you might as well use that same script to parse the clients folder to get the addresses of the extenders you are looking for (as Narflex mentioned).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Ideally I would also like to have a script that runs when the SageTV service is being shut down that writes all of the extenders to a file. It might also be wise to send a command to disconnect the extender from the server, which is available in the API as you can do that from the Web UI.

Then when Sage starts up it would read that file and re-attach those extenders, presumably by doing a reboot of the extender unless there is an easier way of restarting the SageTV sessions.

In addition I would like to add a page to the WebUI (using the Groovy WebUI addon pages) that shows all of the contexts in the sage.props file and gives you the option to reboot that extender and reconnect the extender to the given server. But I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

I am currently in a bit of an intermediate stage with multiple SageTV servers but even when I am in my final state I will likely have at least one backup SageTV server that may be needed if anything goes wrong with the production server.