SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

windows Clients can not conntect with Server

just curious, I was just about to start playing with my SageTV client on my desk top (win7), and it claims the connection to the server is lost?
tried turning off the firewall on my PC, no help...
why does the PC client wrongly believe the the connection to the server is lost?
same issue is happening with my one other PC client (win10)
upgraded clients to the latest v9 build posted on the installer page.
still unhappy...
fwiw, Miniclients & HDx00's connect just fine and are perfectly happy... so, Docker Sage is doing just fine... this just appears to be a crappy windows issue?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure the Client is the same Version as the Server ... also make sure that the IP has not changed.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Make sure the Client is the same Version as the Server ... also make sure that the IP has not changed.
well, not 100% sure what version my docker Sage is at, pretty sure it is up to date... and the clients I just updated to the latest...
they all used to work...

IP's have not changed.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
well, not 100% sure what version my docker Sage is at, pretty sure it is up to date... and the clients I just updated to the latest...
they all used to work...

IP's have not changed.
Enable debug on a client (if it's a new PC client then debug is now on by default) and then recreate the issue and post the log for review.

k
Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage Expert

ok, quick update...
so, I have been somewhat distracted lately and never quite got back to this, or anything else "Sage" related...
I have been using Sage the "normal" way for me, ie just watching on 1 or more HDx00's... just not touching the server or either of my 2 winPC sage's...

anyway, so tonight I figured I would clear out the logs and get a nice clean log capture...
then I started up the SageTV client on my desktop, and on the other monitor I opened up the log fife in notepad++, and watched as it created it...

everything looked just fine...

I was very confused... I expected something...
finally I look over at monitor #1, and there is sage, all booted, connected, and very happy... no problems in the world...

so then I go load up the sage on my win10 computestik thingy, and it is connecting just fine also....

at this point in time I believe the only possible explanation is that last weekend, unnamed and unknown entities spiked my water supply with acid and I just hallucinated the whole thing... could be aliens... hard to say...
but everything is working just fine...