SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fanart choices do not propegate Windows --> Placeshifter

In the name of "if it isn't broke, fix it until it is", I've been trying to get Fanart setup and working correctly between various clients. My main client is a Windows 7 PC running the SageTV in client mode. On my laptop I have a placeshifter installed so I can work with SageTV at the server level. Also in the bedroom I have an Android mini client on an Nvidia Shield.

At some point I completely borked everything up trying to make this work so I ended up completely reinstalling SageTV on the server and on Windows to recover, so the install is fresh.

Here's what I've got and the best I can seem to be able to do.
  • Central fanart directory on server...check
  • Central fanart directory shared to the network...check
  • Central fanart directory is r/w accessible from the windows account...check
  • Central fanart directory is r/w accessible from the SageTV server...check
  • On all clients: BMT web interface pulls fanart and all clients display...check
  • On Placeshifter/Android clients: Using Gemstone Fanart Manager feature (highlight a series or movie title, press esc, select Fanart Manager) to select default show banner, poster, and background, changes are honored on the windows client...check
  • On windows client: Using Gemstone Fanart Manager in the same fashion, selected default fanart is honored on Placeshifter/Android client...FAIL

So there lies the problem. What's interesting after this is any fanart previously displayed on the Placeshifter/Android content do not display at all, almost as if it knows something changed with the fanart, but can't determine what. In the Fanart Manager all fanart is clearly present, but there is no default item shown (attached screenshots probably explain better than I can).

As noted, I can set default fanart in Placeshifter/Android no issues, it's just going the other direction that is an issue.

Also note that Phoenix is setup with season and local fanart disabled...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf fanart.pdf (574.1 KB, 181 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Great detail. This will certainly help find the issue when i have time to look. It is very likely a coding issue and not just configuration. Windows clients act differently as they can do more things local but sometimes they shouldn't.

I will add this to my G2 list of todos.

k