SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Harmony remote + miniclient- how do you exit sagetv?

I have harmony remotes and both a mi box or Nvidia shield. The best way I can think to get these to work together is to have one activity set up to start everything then have a remote button dedicated to bail out of any app incl sagetv back to the Android TV home menu. I would like to have the exit key be that button, so I have paired the harmony hub as a Bluetooth keyboard. The Windows button seems to be the right key to assign to the remote's exit button but I can only get it to work if the remote is in device mode, not activity.

How have others arranged this?
Old 11-06-2018, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

If you can send the sagetv "exit" command, it will close the miniclient (from the server).

If you configure the miniclient, in it's setting, with "exit on pause" (I think that's what it is called), then whenever the miniclient goes into the background, it will close itself down. Using this, if you then send the android Home button, it will leave the miniclient, and then the miniclient will close itself down.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Custom buttons you need to define in the device and activity if you want them to work in both places. I just configured "Home" to a button in the activity. I'm using IR, but you should be able to do the same for the Bluetooth.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's what I thought I was doing with the Bluetooth harmony keyboard, but I don't get the behavior I would expect. My understanding is that the mi box itself cannot be paired directly with the harmony hub as a Bluetooth remote. However, you can tell the harmony to act as a Bluetooth keyboard, then tell the mi to pair with it. having done that I went into the harmony activity which includes the"Windows computer" (really just the keyboard), and customized the remote exit button to the Windows key. If I am in the Windows computer Device, it behaves as expected and dumps me out to the mi home screen which is what I want. If I am in the activity, the same key mapped to windows defaults to turning on the Google voice prompt. Cannot figure out why it didn't do the same thing.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

fixed this by having the exit button mapped to the nvidia shield Home command, no need for the keyboard shortcuts