SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 12-28-2018, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Attached.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Tired of using an encoding server for my unRAID dockers just to get 5.1 sound since I get at least 50% bad recordings on the docker if I try to use 5.1 sound. Stereo on the docker works great with HD-PVR. Now I can use 64 bit Windows server and it's 5.1 sound drivers
Old 12-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
OK with a single HD-PVR setup it is working for me. My DirecTV box is a H24 box. I have channel surfed around to 6 different shows and got the correct channel change each time. Once I get my 2 HD-PVR setup working - a different SageTV server that I am setting up fresh this weekend I will document what I did to get it working for multiple HD-PVRs. But for a single I followed the directions here https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53462 and the only deviation (that I don't think is necessary) is the registry change I made to both the 32 and 64 bit "Frey Technologies" entries I had. Previously had 32 bit SageTV installed but suspect I only need the 64 bit entry.
Good deal. For multi-tuner support, whatever .ir file you associate with the DLL when you set it up becomes the name passed into the %DEVICE% parameter when the exe referenced in the registry is called (minus the ".ir").
Old 12-30-2018, 05:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Here are some quick instructions and a ZIP file that you can "extract with paths" to get everything extracted to the correct SageTV folders.

Anyway to continue:

1. Extract the files with paths to the root SageTV directory from the attached archive file.
  2. Import the "EXEMultiTuner_64bit.reg" into the registry (this was created from Win7 x64 registry entry). If you don't want to do this then manually make the entry like documented here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53462
  3. Edit "SageTV\SageTV\DirecTVMultiChg.bat" file as needed for your setup. In other words change the entries from my IP addresses to your's and save the file.
  4. Rename and edit the "<IP Address>.ir" in the "SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\EXEMultiTunerPlugin" to match your changes to the bat file.
  5. Restart SageTV
  6. Install your HD-PVR or other recorder and select "Use external Cable..." then "EXE Multi Tuner" and continue the rest of the setup for guide data etc.
  7. Complete the setup by selecting your tuner again from the list. Select "Tuner Control: EXEMultiTunerPlugin StubDevice" and then select "Change Tuning Device" from the menu in the popup and select the correct IP address (if you named your ".ir" files with an IP address anyway)
  8. Watch some TV.

You do need a separate ".ir" file for each DirecTV box and you do need to edit the ".ir" file so that the the internal name matches the external name. So for my attached zip file they were named for the IP addresses of the DirecTV boxes on my network. I suggest you do the same so you know what file controls what box. This was tested with H23, H24 & HR24 boxes which are old so this may not work on newer boxes I've seen posts on this forum for 32 bit for newer boxes and the modifications made there should work here as well. The key was getting EXEMultiTuner in a 64 bit version and wnjj has done that - Thank you again wnjj.

The Zip has been updated to include wnjj's fixed DLL and the instructions have been updated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DirecTV HTTP Tuning 64bit.zip (22.7 KB, 275 views)

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 01-02-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Bob,

Thanks for putting that together. As far as the name of the directory goes, I didn't have one in the source code I started with so made that one. I think it makes more sense for me to change it to the original name (it's coded into the DLL) so that any older instructions still work. I can do that if you want to test it out with yours renamed and then you can update the zip. I will update my previous post attachment to include the correctly-named one. That post is here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=175 and is now updated.

The next beta release will include at least the DLL if not the .bat file too.

Not sure if you have to rename anything in sage.properties to change this.

Last edited by wnjj; 12-30-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for putting that together. As far as the name of the directory goes, I didn't have one in the source code I started with so made that one. I think it makes more sense for me to change it to the original name (it's coded into the DLL) so that any older instructions still work. I can do that if you want to test it out with yours renamed and then you can update the zip. I will update my previous post attachment to include the correctly-named one. That post is here: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=175 and is now updated.

The next beta release will include at least the DLL if not the .bat file too.

Not sure if you have to rename anything in sage.properties to change this.
Shouldn't have to rename anything. But I will find out. Won't get to this until Tuesday however. Work on Monday.

Later in the month MLK Day and weekend I will try to modify the bat file (for me anyway) so that it uses the device name passed to it as the IP address and then the bat file can be simplified. That will require the ".ir" file name to be the IP address but for me that will be no problem. But the original will be available too for those that don't want to use my method.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Shouldn't have to rename anything. But I will find out. Won't get to this until Tuesday however. Work on Monday.

Later in the month MLK Day and weekend I will try to modify the bat file (for me anyway) so that it uses the device name passed to it as the IP address and then the bat file can be simplified. That will require the ".ir" file name to be the IP address but for me that will be no problem. But the original will be available too for those that don't want to use my method.
Sounds good. I already changed the DLL in my previous post to prevent further spread with the wrong name. When you get yours proven, please update your zip. Perhaps you can remove it in the meantime for the same reason and when you put it back you can clean up the instructions. Again, just trying to keep continuity for the many older posts explaining how to get it setup. Plus, the 32-bit DLL will now be built from the same source (was previously just installed from V7 binaries) and we don't want to break existing users.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks to all the developers who are doing this.
Looking forward to USB-UIRT support!
Old 01-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Sage User

64 bit SageTV Windows success story

First of all, this is fantastic!! I applaud and thank all of you for your awesome work on this!!! I only wish I had the skills to be of some help.

I have 64 bit Widows 10 running in a VMWare VM with 8GB RAM. Over the holidays I had the time to install SageTV 64 bit. I am currently successfully using 6 HDHR OTA tuners and an HDHR Prime cable card 3 tuner network encoder in conjunction with EnterNoEscape's, OPENDCT 64 bit digital cable tuner. I have also installed the donators version of the Comskip plugin and it seems to be working well.

I cannot tell you how exciting this is!!
I was having the occasional out of memory errors like many others. The errors were not frequent, but were annoying.

So far it looks like everything is working as expected.

I still have another tuner to setup that uses a BM1000-HDMI network encoder with USB-UIRT for channel changes. My next project is to get channel changes working on that. Haven't really started to research that yet. Just so pleased to have this much working!!!

Thank you all so much!!
8 gig ram windows 10 64 bit, sage V9.2.0.441 64 bit running in a VM on a ESXI 6.0 host - Xeon 1246 E3 - 32 GB ram, 2 TB recording drive with the controller passed through and 5 TB recording drive spave in a Freenas server, 1 silicon dust HDHR DUO and 1 Quatro for 6 OTA tuners, 1 HDHR Prime for 3 cable tuners, 2 BM1000-HDMI network encoders for cableboxes, 2 Placeshifters, 3 extenders, 1client
Old 01-01-2019, 03:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sounds good. I already changed the DLL in my previous post to prevent further spread with the wrong name. When you get yours proven, please update your zip. Perhaps you can remove it in the meantime for the same reason and when you put it back you can clean up the instructions. Again, just trying to keep continuity for the many older posts explaining how to get it setup. Plus, the 32-bit DLL will now be built from the same source (was previously just installed from V7 binaries) and we don't want to break existing users.
Have updated my zip file and reattached it. Also adjusted my instructions for the change.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Just another thanks for the work done on this.

I have the LMGestion (StephaneM) xmltv importer running after an edit of "C:\ProgramData\LM Gestion\SageTV XMLTV Importer\settings.xml" and routerunner's DVB Decrypter working with the 64bit DLL

FYI for anyone upgrading by doing a copy of their SageTV folder then the paths in filetracker.properties and the properties files in the client folder also need to get changed to the new path

thanks to all

John
Old 01-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwifty View Post
Thanks to all the developers who are doing this.
Looking forward to USB-UIRT support!
The next installer version should include USB-UIRT but since there are at least a couple more of you looking for it, I'll share it here, along with simple instructions.

1. Download the attached .zip file.
2. Copy uuirtdrv.dll into your Windows\System32 directory. Note that there will already be one there from the USB-UIRT driver install, but it is the 32-bit one and shouldn't be there anyway. Warning: If you reinstall the USB-UIRT driver for any reason it may replace this file with the 32-bit one!
3. Copy uu_irsage.dll into your SageTV\Common directory.
4. Restart SageTV and now "USB-UIRT Transceiver" should be available as a tuner plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip usb-uirt64.zip (259.8 KB, 397 views)
Old 01-02-2019, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The next installer version should include USB-UIRT but since there are at least a couple more of you looking for it, I'll share it here, along with simple instructions.

1. Download the attached .zip file.
2. Copy uuirtdrv.dll into your Windows\System32 directory. Note that there will already be one there from the USB-UIRT driver install, but it is the 32-bit one and shouldn't be there anyway. Warning: If you reinstall the USB-UIRT driver for any reason it may replace this file with the 32-bit one!
3. Copy uu_irsage.dll into your SageTV\Common directory.
4. Restart SageTV and now "USB-UIRT Transceiver" should be available as a tuner plugin.
Thank you ... it works
Old 01-02-2019, 11:17 PM
Sage Icon

Can someone test playing Live TV from a client?

I'm getting
Code:
PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback. errCode=-4 nativeErrCode=-2147467259
only when trying to watch Live TV from a client. Same on both 32bit and 64bit clients.
Placeshifter works fine, so does HD300

Playback of finished recordings or Videos works fine

Clients are Win 10 with LAV filters with the 1.103 installers on server and client

John
Old 01-03-2019, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

I'm getting
Code:
PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback. errCode=-4 nativeErrCode=-2147467259
only when trying to watch Live TV from a client. Same on both 32bit and 64bit clients.

Clients are Win 10 with LAV filters with the 1.103 installers on server and client

John
The most common problem are the decoder codec try check the setting under
Setup | Detailed Setup then under Video / Audio
Video Renderer = EVR
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter = Default
H.264 Video Decoder Filter = Default
VC-1 Video Decoder Filter = Default
Media Player for non-MPEG Files - DirectShow
DScaler Deinterlacing Filter = Disabled
Audio Renderer = Default
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter = Default
HD Audio Decoder Filter = Default
Audio Playback Delay (ms) = 0
HD Audio Output = Default

If that fine try change them to the LAV codec by click on Default the List all decoders scroll down in tell see the LAV filters
Video Renderer = EVR
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter = LAV Video Decoder
H.264 Video Decoder Filter = LAV Video Decoder
Audio Renderer = Default
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter = LAV Audio Decoder
HD Audio Decoder Filter = LAV Audio Decoder
Old 01-03-2019, 04:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
If that fine try change them to the LAV codec by click on Default the List all decoders scroll down in tell see the LAV filters
Video Renderer = EVR
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter = LAV Video Decoder
H.264 Video Decoder Filter = LAV Video Decoder
Audio Renderer = Default
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter = LAV Audio Decoder
HD Audio Decoder Filter = LAV Audio Decoder
That's exactly how it's set up. It works perfectly on everything EXCEPT shows while they are recording.

John
Old 01-03-2019, 05:30 AM

See it this will help
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\
EnableSageTVStreamDemux It's of type REG_DWORD. Set it to 0.

I have no problem watching recording while they are being recording
Old 01-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is the 64bit version stable? Unfortunately I don't have a test machine for testing.
Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

I'm getting
Code:

John
What capture device are you using? The live playback problem sounds familiar. I think others have reported that symptom when using the HDPVR2, but I thought it was when using the HDx00 extenders. It never made sense to me (not sure what’s different about live playback).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
See it this will help
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow\
EnableSageTVStreamDemux It's of type REG_DWORD. Set it to 0.

I have no problem watching recording while they are being recording
That registry is already set. Thanks for confirming that LiveTV does work. It does mean I need to be looking at something here rather than at SageTV. I know how little people use LiveTV which is why I asked the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
What capture device are you using? The live playback problem sounds familiar.
Using Hauppauge HVR-2200, HVR-2210, HVR-400 and HVR-4400, but as above looks like it's something configuration-wise here so I'll try and pirate another computer to test with.

John
Old 01-03-2019, 04:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Is the 64bit version stable? Unfortunately I don't have a test machine for testing.
IMHO no. Another beta will likely be uploaded today which could be the last beta depending on testing.

k