SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 04-06-2019, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
See of the attached fixes this issue. You will need to stop Sage and replace the existing darksky.jar with the one attached.

Tried it. Looks good here!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 04-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage User

Quote:
This upcoming weekend I plan on releasing the first non-beta version of this. (I have fixed all of the bugs that were reported other than those that did not provide any logfiles.)

If you see other issues please let me know.
Hi all...
Background info:

I am still using sagetv 7, because I still use mc2xml plugin, which I believe t.ziu adjusted it to work in Sagetv 9, as per: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...hlight=zap2xml

however, since I only have 5 OTA channels, and I am on a strict budget these past few years, I'd rather not pay for Schedules Direct.

Is there any hope that someone might...

a) Upgrade mc2xml plugin for Sagetv 9?, or possibly show/pm me how? .. Allowing me to join SageTV 9?

Thanks again to Slugger on creating mc2xml for Sagetv7: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...ghlight=mc2xml
PS, mc2xml, zap2xml, and www.zap2it.com, have been very stable for the past 1.5 years, without any issues, and I am very happy with it's performance.

OR
b) downgrade this weather plugin, so I can resume with having weather indicated within sagetv? OR pm me how?

PS, I have an IT background (oracle stuff), but have not tinkered in Linux much, nor have I attempted to review/open anything about SageTV.

Thank you in advance.
D.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov'nSagetv View Post
Hi all...
Background info:

I am still using sagetv 7, because I still use mc2xml plugin, which I believe t.ziu adjusted it to work in Sagetv 9, as per: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...hlight=zap2xml

however, since I only have 5 OTA channels, and I am on a strict budget these past few years, I'd rather not pay for Schedules Direct.

Is there any hope that someone might...

a) Upgrade mc2xml plugin for Sagetv 9?, or possibly show/pm me how? .. Allowing me to join SageTV 9?

Thanks again to Slugger on creating mc2xml for Sagetv7: https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...ghlight=mc2xml
PS, mc2xml, zap2xml, and www.zap2it.com, have been very stable for the past 1.5 years, without any issues, and I am very happy with it's performance.

OR
b) downgrade this weather plugin, so I can resume with having weather indicated within sagetv? OR pm me how?

PS, I have an IT background (oracle stuff), but have not tinkered in Linux much, nor have I attempted to review/open anything about SageTV.

Thank you in advance.
D.
I can't help with getting your guide up and running. As for weather, you can't downgrade and have it work. The service that SageTV relied on was abandoned.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Has anyone tried this with a UK source? Can't make it work other than US zipcodes.

Does it work properly with Gemstone? I only see Location input, not name.

Edit: I have the API key installed.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-16-2019, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
Has anyone tried this with a UK source? Can't make it work other than US zipcodes.

Does it work properly with Gemstone? I only see Location input, not name.

Edit: I have the API key installed.
Gemstone has Darksky built in now and in theory should work for uk postal codes. In testing i did use Paris France by mistake when i was testing Paris Ontario so i would think UK should work too.

tmiranda's solution uses darksky too but we built these separately. I doubt it would work under gemstone.

k
Old 04-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

I've probably bust it by installing the plugin then.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 04-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Sage User

I just installed 0.18 and it works fine on my PC/server. I used my zip code and it was able to retrieve weather data. Awesome job!

I then went to my HD300 to set it up. I could enter my zip code but when I pressed the OK button on my remote nothing happened. It behaved as if it wasn't trying to connect anywhere. The UI was back at the Weather screen as if I hadn't tried to enter a locale.

If I am supposed to send a log file, what file is that? Do I need to do anything to enable a log file?
Old 04-21-2019, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHuisingh View Post
I just installed 0.18 and it works fine on my PC/server. I used my zip code and it was able to retrieve weather data. Awesome job!

I then went to my HD300 to set it up. I could enter my zip code but when I pressed the OK button on my remote nothing happened. It behaved as if it wasn't trying to connect anywhere. The UI was back at the Weather screen as if I hadn't tried to enter a locale.

If I am supposed to send a log file, what file is that? Do I need to do anything to enable a log file?
No logfile needed. I thought I fixed that problem Back to the drawing board.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I searched and found this thread after getting tired of my SageTV title bar reporting a temperature of 25F in the summer! Thanks for providing the update!

I followed the instructions and put SageTVPluginsDev.xml in the program folder.
I was able to find the Plugin in Setup / SageTV Plugins and installed it.
There were no settings, but I found the "Change Configuration" on the Online / Weather menu, and entered my ZIP code. I did not enter a city name because that seems to replace the ZIP code.

I tried clicking "Update Data" and nothing happened.
I tried "Hourly Forecast" and the UI blanks out for a moment then displays:
Current Conditions. Daily Forecast. Updating....
The "Updating..." remains for many minutes. I can back out, but I don't see any weather data anywhere. There is nothing in the title bar where there used to be 25 degrees.

What did I miss?

Edit: regarding the duplicate Jackson JAR files. I see these in the JARs folder:
jackson-annotations-2.9.8.jar
jackson-core-2.9.8.jar
jackson-databind-2.9.8.jar
jackson-datatype-jsr310-2.9.8.jar

They are all Jackson, but otherwise different, so I'm assuming that is not an issue.
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.

Last edited by timg11; 06-14-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

From the Log:

Code:
Fri 6/14 4:48:50.398 [SageTV@144311c] LOADED PLUGINS=[SageTVPlugin[googleweather state=Failed name=Google Weather version=2.0.3 type=Library desc=A weather support library that is used by SageTV's updated weather system to retrieve weather information from Weather Underground. author=Opus4 screenshots=null videos=null modified=7/1/2015 installed=6/13/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[nwsweather state=Failed name=Weather Using NWS and Darksky version=0.18 type=STVI desc=Weather for SageTV. Uses the National Weather Service and Darksky. author=tmiranda screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=6/13/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[darksky-forecast-api minVer=1.3.1 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[sagex-api type=Plugin]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[gxt state=Failed name=Ext GWT Library version=2.1.1.1 type=Library desc=Ext GWT UI framework for GWT apps - dependency only author=Slugger screenshots=null videos=null modified=8/24/2010 installed=4/8/2011 resPath=plugins/gxt webpages=[http://www.sencha.com/products/gwt/] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[gwt-servlet minVer=2.0.4 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[Java minVer=1.5.0 type=JVM]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[sagealert-common state=Failed name=SageAlert (common) version=2.0.2.1550 type=Library desc=Common classes required for SageAlert and for other plugins to add passive SageAlert support. (Dependency only, most users should not directly install this plugin.) author=Slugger screenshots=null videos=null modified=6/14/2011 installed=7/1/2017 resPath=plugins/sagealert-common webpages=[http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[Java minVer=1.5.0 type=JVM]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[mina-core state=Failed name=Apache Mina Core version=1.1.7 type=Library desc=SageTV Dependency JAR Plugin for Apache Mina Core (mina-core-1.1.7.jar) - no need to download directly author=shadeBlue.com screenshots=null videos=null modified=7/4/2010 installed=2/28/2011 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[gwt-servlet state=Failed name=GWT Servlet Jar version=2.0.4 type=Library desc=GWT servlet jar - dependency only author=Slugger screenshots=null videos=null modified=8/24/2010 installed=4/8/2011 resPath=plugins/gwt-servlet webpages=[http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[Java minVer=1.5.0 type=JVM]] packages=null], SageTVPlugin[libgrowl state=Failed name=libgrowl version=0.1.1.1 type=Library desc=Java implementation of GNTP - dependency only author=Slugger screenshots=null videos=null modified=5/30/2010 installed=4/8/2011 resPath=plugins/libgrowl webpages=[http://libgrowl.sf.net] implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=null packages=null], SageTVPlugin[jetty state=Enabled name=Jetty Web Server version=2.3.0.17 type=Standard desc=Provides a platform for SageTV web application plugins.

Key section?

SageTVPlugin[nwsweather state=Failed name=Weather Using NWS and Darksky version=0.18 type=STVI desc=Weather for SageTV. Uses the National Weather Service and Darksky. author=tmiranda screenshots=null videos=null modified=1/26/2019 installed=6/13/2019 resPath= webpages=null implementation= desktopOnly=false serverOnly=false OS=Win,Linux,Mac dependencies=[PluginDependency[darksky-forecast-api minVer=1.3.1 type=Plugin], PluginDependency[sagex-api type=Plugin]] packages=null],

Can anyone interpret why it failed?
HD300 extender with (2020 New Build) SageTV 64 bit V9.2.2.903 (service mode), Running on Windows 10 (64 bit), Intel Core i7-10700K CPU, 16G RAM, GIGABYTE Z490 UD motherboard. NVidia GTX1650 Super; Viewsonic LCD on one output and Mitsubishi WD57734 HDTV via DVI/HDMI on other output. HDHomeRun HDHR5-4US tuner, Hauppauge "Siena" 1512 HD-PVR2 connected to Cisco Cable modem from Spectrum, tuned with USB-UIRT.

Last edited by timg11; 06-14-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

I saw the dependency on Java 8 in the first post. I update to Java 1.8.0_211

After restarting the computer and SageTV, still no weather data. Same results as above.

This is with SageTV V9.1.10.783 on Windows 7 6.1

Edit: I noticed the sagex-api plugin had an update available, so I updated it. It is now at 9.1.7.0. No change in behavior of Weather - still "Updating..." forever.

This is what I get:

Edit 2: The behavior from the HD-300 is slightly different. When I enter the page from Menu: Online / Weather, it displays a screen titled Weather Report Configuration. Configure your location. Not Configured. I click on Enter Zip Code, and enter my zip code. When I press enter, the screen goes back to "Not Configured". The Zip code I entered is not displayed. Continue is highlighted, but I cannot continue since it reloads the same screen.
From the UI on the SageTV server the Zip code is saved, shows the Zip code when I select "Change Configuration".

Last edited by timg11; 06-14-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Still trying to figure out why the plugin doesn't work. Here's the section from sage.properties:

Code:
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/author=tmiranda
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/beta=false
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/date=1548482400000
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/demovideos=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-annotations/maxversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-annotations/minversion=2.9.8
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-annotations/type=Plugin
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-core/maxversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-core/minversion=2.9.8
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-core/type=Plugin
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-databind/maxversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-databind/minversion=2.9.8
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-databind/type=Plugin
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-datatype-jsr310/maxversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-datatype-jsr310/minversion=2.9.8
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/jackson-datatype-jsr310/type=Plugin
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/json/maxversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/json/minversion=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/dependency/json/type=Plugin
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/desc=Philipp Plogmann's Darksky Java API repackaged as a SageTV PlugIn.
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/desktop=false
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/enabled=true
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/impl=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/installdate=1560473277734
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/installindex=94
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/name=Darksky Forecast API
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/relnotes=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/respath=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/screenshots=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/server=false
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/stvimports=
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/type=Library
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/version=1.3.1
sagetv_core_plugins/darksky-forecast-api/webpages=https\://github.com/200Puls/darksky-forecast-api
Does anything look wrong?
Could somebody who has this working post your properties for this plugin?
Old 06-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

I thought since I had Java 7 when I first installed, that maybe the plugin had not been properly installed.

I uninstalled the plugin
I restarted SageTV (as requested)
I installed the plugin
I restarted the UI (as requested)

No change - exactly the same behavior as before.

Last edited by timg11; 06-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm on vacation and don't have access to much of anything at the moment. I'll look at this as soon as I get home in a few days.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11 View Post
I thought since I had Java 7 when I first installed, that maybe the plugin had not been properly installed.

I uninstalled the plugin
I restarted SageTV (as requested)
I installed the plugin
I restarted the UI (as requested)

No change - exactly the same behavior as before.
The duplicate Jackson jars are an issue, you need to remove the older versions of the duplicate jars.

I'd recommend the following:
- Uninstall the plugin AND all of jackson JARs. (You may have to uninstall other plugins to remove all of the jackson plugins.)
- Reinstall.
- Note that there is an updated darksky.jar in a post dated 4/6. Once you get the plugin working you may want to update that JAR manually.

If the plugin state is "failed" it will not work. You need to fix that issue first, and I think my recommendation above is the best starting place.

Old 06-24-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The duplicate Jackson jars are an issue, you need to remove the older versions of the duplicate jars.
Thank you for the reply!
So you are saying these jars (annotations, core, databind, and datatype) could conflict?

jackson-core-2.9.8.jar

If I'm not planning to use DarkSky, do I still need the 4/6 update?

I uninstalled the Weather plugin and re-started SageTV. Then I uninstalled all the Jackson plugins and re-started SageTV. It took several cycles to get all the Jacksons uninstalled.

Then I reinstalled Weather, and restarted the UI as prompted.

The four jackson plugins above are also re-installed with the same version numbers.

Under Main Menu / Online / Weather / Change Configuration, my ZIP code is still remembered.

I get the same results as described above when I click Extended Forecast or Hourly Forecast

PS - is there a way I can get a list of my installed plugins, other than screen-captures?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since this plugin works for others, but not for me, maybe I have an incompatible plugin?

Sorry, I don't know any way to generate a list of installed plugins, other than screen captures:

plugin1Capture.JPG

plugin2Capture.JPG

plugin3Capture.JPG

plugin4Capture.JPG

plugin5Capture.JPG

plugin6Capture.JPG

Last edited by timg11; 06-24-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by timg11 View Post
Thank you for the reply!
So you are saying these jars (annotations, core, databind, and datatype) could conflict?

jackson-core-2.9.8.jar

If I'm not planning to use DarkSky, do I still need the 4/6 update?

I uninstalled the Weather plugin and re-started SageTV. Then I uninstalled all the Jackson plugins and re-started SageTV. It took several cycles to get all the Jacksons uninstalled.

Then I reinstalled Weather, and restarted the UI as prompted.

The four jackson plugins above are also re-installed with the same version numbers.

Under Main Menu / Online / Weather / Change Configuration, my ZIP code is still remembered.

I get the same results as described above when I click Extended Forecast or Hourly Forecast

PS - is there a way I can get a list of my installed plugins, other than screen-captures?
The reason I asked to uninstall all of the Jackson libs is because there was an error in one of the other plugin manifests (which has been corrected) that caused the wrong jackson libs to be installed. Uninstalling and reinstalling fixes that particular issue.

Are any of the plugins in the "failed" state or are they now all properly installed? Are there any duplicate jackson JARs that differ only by version number? (If there are, this is a problem.)

Please reproduce the error and post your sagetv_0.txt logfile. That will tell me more.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weather and Java Heap

I don't know if anyone else has run across this. Sometime after switching to the released 64 bit Sage Server, I've had ongoing problems with running out of Java heap. After 2 or 3 days, it gets to the point I have to restart the server because the systems becomes so slow and unusable I have 3 extenders, but only 1 is used daily. Even with just the one extender my java stats have been hitting 1909/1909/1909 on the server. Restarting the SageTV 64 bit server resolves the problem for about 2 or 3 days, and then I have to restart again due to full java heap, and so on. Usually within a day the java starts maxing out. I run the stock interface with a few plugins like comskip, web server, infopopup, and Phoenix/BMT.

The only difference I could think of was that I had installed the NWS/Darksky plugin for weather. I'm in Canada so I'm using DarkSky. Since I disabled the weather plugin on my server, my java heap issues have stopped. My system has been up for over 8 days and my current java stats are at 759/968/1909.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Tnx
-Steve
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3

Last edited by SteveW; 07-01-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
I don't know if anyone else has run across this. Sometime after switching to the released 64 bit Sage Server, I've had ongoing problems with running out of Java heap. After 2 or 3 days, it gets to the point I have to restart the server because the systems becomes so slow and unusable I have 3 extenders, but only 1 is used daily. Even with just the one extender my java stats have been hitting 1909/1909/1909 on the server. Restarting the SageTV 64 bit server resolves the problem for about 2 or 3 days, and then I have to restart again due to full java heap, and so on. Usually within a day the java starts maxing out. I run the stock interface with a few plugins like comskip, web server, infopopup, and Phoenix/BMT.

The only difference I could think of was that I had installed the NWS/Darksky plugin for weather. I'm in Canada so I'm using DarkSky. Since I disabled the weather plugin on my server, my java heap issues have stopped. My system has been up for over 8 days and my current java stats are at 759/968/1909.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Tnx
-Steve
I'm using it on a 64 bit linux server without heap issues. I have not tried it on the Windows server.

Does it grow steadily or jump all at once?

I'll go back and look at the code with an eye towards memory leakage.