SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:09 PM
SageTVaholic

What unRAID version are people using?

I started using unRAID about 2.5 years ago but for the last couple of years I haven't spent too much time maintaining my system. Consequently I am somewhat behind as I am running version 6.4.1 while the current version is 6.7.2 which came out in June.

Is anyone running 6.7.2 with the DVB version to faclitate the HD-PVR?
Old 09-02-2019, 05:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I started using unRAID about 2.5 years ago but for the last couple of years I haven't spent too much time maintaining my system. Consequently I am somewhat behind as I am running version 6.4.1 while the current version is 6.7.2 which came out in June.

Is anyone running 6.7.2 with the DVB version to faclitate the HD-PVR?
I'm using 6.7.2 with 2 HDPVRs. I generally wait 1-4 weeks after a release and then upgrade, but, I do try to keep fairly current. The good thing is that upgrading is pretty quick and simple.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm on 6.7.2. as well - I was running HD-PVR's but a move in July has me no longer able to use them.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 09-03-2019, 07:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
I'm on 6.7.2. as well - I was running HD-PVR's but a move in July has me no longer able to use them.
Why is that? New boxes don't have component outputs? What are you using now?
Old 09-03-2019, 02:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Why is that? New boxes don't have component outputs? What are you using now?
I found that the TV provider here in Nova Scotia charges amounts over that of Rogers in Ontario - They also use a different type of delivery service so their set-top boxes are more of an ip driven type.

So I am using a low rate ($18) streaming service from my current IP Cable Reseller (Eyesurf). They use an app called ATOP on Roku or AndroidTV to watch their channels.

So my shows and movies are coming from Usenet now with Sonarr and Radarr and I don't record livetv anymore. Anyone need five HD-PVR's - ha!
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
Old 09-03-2019, 02:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Interesting - I though you were still in Paris, ON as you haven't updated your location.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Interesting - I though you were still in Paris, ON as you haven't updated your location.
Oops! - So much has happened - moved to Nova Scotia in July - good cable internet speeds here so that is great!
Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oops! - So much has happened - moved to Nova Scotia in July - good cable internet speeds here so that is great!
I'm going to be moving to northern ontario in a couple years. I think that will be the end of sagetv for me I assume you have moved from sagetv as well... using Plex likely for TV/Movies?
Old 09-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I'm using 6.7.2 with 2 HDPVRs. I generally wait 1-4 weeks after a release and then upgrade, but, I do try to keep fairly current. The good thing is that upgrading is pretty quick and simple.
For the benefit of those of us who have not upgraded yet, would you mind listing the steps involved in upgrading unRAID? Also, in case things don’t go well, is it possible to revert back to the installed version prior to the upgrade?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 09-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm going to be moving to northern ontario in a couple years. I think that will be the end of sagetv for me I assume you have moved from sagetv as well... using Plex likely for TV/Movies?
Yes - mostly using Plex for everything now - BUT there is nothing that rewinds or fast forwards like SageTV and I REALLY miss that.

I also miss the fact that SageTV can play my dvd and blu-ray ISO's and 'ripped to folders' files - why oh why can't there be ONE platform that does it all
Old 09-05-2019, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
For the benefit of those of us who have not upgraded yet, would you mind listing the steps involved in upgrading unRAID? Also, in case things don’t go well, is it possible to revert back to the installed version prior to the upgrade?
Quote:
For me, I do the following...

1. upgrade unRaid using the unRaid link (mine shows an upgrade link at the bottom of the screen when there is an update). (then reboot)
2. Then from the Plugins tab I click on unRAID DVB and I choose the LibreElec image that match the unRAID that I just upgraded to. (then reboot)

That's pretty much all I do to upgrade, and I could probably just step 2... ie, I don't even think that I need to upgrade unRAID first, but I do anyways.

If something bad happens, you can revert by using the unRAID DVB plugin and just selecting the previous version that you had.

Upgrading unRAID is about simple as it gets.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For me, I do the following...

1. upgrade unRaid using the unRaid link (mine shows an upgrade link at the bottom of the screen when there is an update). (then reboot)
2. Then from the Plugins tab I click on unRAID DVB and I choose the LibreElec image that match the unRAID that I just upgraded to. (then reboot)

That's pretty much all I do to upgrade, and I could probably just step 2... ie, I don't even think that I need to upgrade unRAID first, but I do anyways.

If something bad happens, you can revert by using the unRAID DVB plugin and just selecting the previous version that you had.

Upgrading unRAID is about simple as it gets.
Thanks for the info. I think I might add a step 0.5, which would be a backup of the unRAID thumb drive.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I think I might add a step 0.5, which would be a backup of the unRAID thumb drive.
You should probably run the TOOLS - UPDATE ASSISTANT which will look at your system and recommend changes before the upgrade.

An additional step that I like to take is to disable the docker and vm manager in the settings BEFORE I do the update.

Then I do the steps of upgrading - rebooting - install DVB edition - reboot - and the turn back on docker and vm manager (if you use that).

Probably not necessary but nice to get away from all the dockers trying to start on the reboots. Seems to work very well for me ...
Old 09-06-2019, 09:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do you do this? I use to run a backup routine that backed up the thumb drive and dockers but the one that I was using was deprecated and I never replaced it.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How do you do this? I use to run a backup routine that backed up the thumb drive and dockers but the one that I was using was deprecated and I never replaced it.
I have used USB Image Tool in the past. I shut down unRAID, remove the USB drive, insert the drive into a Windows computer, and back it up to a .img file. Haven't had to restore yet, so I can't speak to how well that works.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You should probably run the TOOLS - UPDATE ASSISTANT which will look at your system and recommend changes before the upgrade.

An additional step that I like to take is to disable the docker and vm manager in the settings BEFORE I do the update.

Then I do the steps of upgrading - rebooting - install DVB edition - reboot - and the turn back on docker and vm manager (if you use that).

Probably not necessary but nice to get away from all the dockers trying to start on the reboots. Seems to work very well for me ...
Hmmm, looking under Tools, but I don't see any sort of Update Assistant. I'm currently on 6.3.2, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot???
Old 09-07-2019, 07:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hmmm, looking under Tools, but I don't see any sort of Update Assistant. I'm currently on 6.3.2, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot???
Oh - this was added in 6.4 branch - sorry ... just check that your Plugins and Dockers are up to date before your OS upgrade.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am currently running unRAID 6.3.2. When I click on the "Check for Updates" button, unRAID gives me the option to upgrade to version 6.5.3. Do I need to upgrade to 6.5.3 before I can upgrade to a more current version, like 6.7.2?
Old 09-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am currently running unRAID 6.3.2. When I click on the "Check for Updates" button, unRAID gives me the option to upgrade to version 6.5.3. Do I need to upgrade to 6.5.3 before I can upgrade to a more current version, like 6.7.2?
I just did the upgrade yesterday. Went from 6.3.5 to 6.5.3 and then to 6.7.2. The only issue I had was that the plugin 'Dev Tools' was not compatible with 6.5.3 so be sure to remove it if you have it installed.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5davey View Post
I just did the upgrade yesterday. Went from 6.3.5 to 6.5.3 and then to 6.7.2. The only issue I had was that the plugin 'Dev Tools' was not compatible with 6.5.3 so be sure to remove it if you have it installed.
Thanks. I may try my upgrade this weekend, before the fall schedule begins...