SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 08-20-2021, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Repo issue resolved...updates are ready

The issue with the build of the plugin repo has been resolved so all the updates for the weather changes should now be available.

K
Old 08-20-2021, 08:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Getting updated weather to run

Software Version SageTV V0.2.5.168 (64-bit)

Java Version 11.0.12

Linux kernel 4.19.0-17-amd64

OS Mx-19.4_x64 patito feo

I added the key file as instructed into root Sagetv folder. I still can't get the weather data to populate. I suspect this is related to my router / VPN config settings.

Anyone got this working now? I would love to get this running. I will also try with my other server running on win 10

Can you please clarify where to add the key properties file in both linux & win 10?

I am wondering if you code is loooking for key in wrong place ( wrong in sense of I didn't put file in right location for it to find)
In Linux it is in /root/.sagetv/ Is this where you meant?

In win 10 I noticed there are multiple instances for weather under userdata etc. Is the api used by openweathermap in our case a modified google one? Please clarify where to place key for this version.

Last edited by Galaxysurfer; 08-20-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 09:13 PM
SageTVaholic

You need to be running one of the following..
  • gemstone...perform an update
  • SageTV version NEXT....not released yet
  • install full ui package called SageTV 7 and then switch to it

The 3rd option should work on most prior SageTV version but you need to follow that process and install the FullUI package from the plugins menu

K
Old 08-20-2021, 09:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

okay thanx. Just looking for the secret ingredient to the recipe!
Old 08-20-2021, 10:40 PM
SageTVaholic

I have upgraded Gemstone and now I have the weather in terms of conditions and temperature, but it doesn't appear that Weather Backgrounds are working. Should they be working? Prior to the upgrade I was seeing Thunderstorm backgrounds as I think that was weather condition 0.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

How do I add locations? All I get is the note to add the user key. I have already done that but gemstone doesn't give me any other options. If something missing in my install? I am hoping to avoid another clean install. Is it possibly incompatible with Java 11?
Old 08-21-2021, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have upgraded Gemstone and now I have the weather in terms of conditions and temperature, but it doesn't appear that Weather Backgrounds are working. Should they be working? Prior to the upgrade I was seeing Thunderstorm backgrounds as I think that was weather condition 0.
I did not test the backgrounds so I will take a look and see what I missed.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
How do I add locations? All I get is the note to add the user key. I have already done that but gemstone doesn't give me any other options. If something missing in my install? I am hoping to avoid another clean install. Is it possibly incompatible with Java 11?
If you upload your sagetv_0.txt log file it should tell me what is wrong.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This issue has been resolved in gemstone 1.602 (4.602). Update the plugin and let me know if it now works for you.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
In a windows 64 bit install the file should be placed here...

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\owmkey.propteries

I do not have a linux test area right now but the file should be in the same location as Sage.jar

Hope that helps.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
This issue has been resolved in gemstone 1.602 (4.602). Update the plugin and let me know if it now works for you.

K
Upgraded and it doesn't work - I still get nothing as a background. Tried on a couple of clients - both extender and Placeshifter.

A ton of errors in my log file that seem to relate to Weather. See attached log file.

FYI - my server is on unRAID if that makes a diff. I will also try on my backup which is Win10
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (163.4 KB, 105 views)
Old 08-21-2021, 09:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Just want to clarify my last post - it seems like version 4.0602 killed the functionality of the weather retrieval from OWM, not just backgrounds, as I no longer see the temp or conditions in my weather widget.
Old 08-21-2021, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

And on further reflection this bug is causing more problems. It seems like my Gemstone views are not working properly as they don't reflect the filtering that they should. For example, I have a TV flow that should just show Kids' TV recordings, but it is showing everything. Same thing for my Movie Wall views, they are filtered based on folders, genres, etc but that isn't working right now.

And the UI seems quite a bit slower.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
And on further reflection this bug is causing more problems. It seems like my Gemstone views are not working properly as they don't reflect the filtering that they should. For example, I have a TV flow that should just show Kids' TV recordings, but it is showing everything. Same thing for my Movie Wall views, they are filtered based on folders, genres, etc but that isn't working right now.

And the UI seems quite a bit slower.
I am reviewing this but your log file is full of nullpointer exceptions so I need your _1, _2 etc. logs as well so I can trace back the issue.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2021, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

The logging is going crazy right now - I have 0,1,2,3 logs and the 3 log starts 15 minutes ago. I can't zip them all up as it is too big.

Here are the 1,2 and 3 logs if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_3.zip (482.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_2.zip (619.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_1.zip (557.9 KB, 103 views)
Old 08-21-2021, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The logging is going crazy right now - I have 0,1,2,3 logs and the 3 log starts 15 minutes ago. I can't zip them all up as it is too big.

Here are the 1,2 and 3 logs if that helps.
Ya... its all the same error as a nullpointer in getting the forecasts and just fills the log. Not much help to me.

The change I made was small so I will review it to see what could cause this as I am not seeing the same issue.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

If you can't find it is there any way you can revert back to 4.601. These errors are causing all kinds of issues, including client crashes after a while.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Gemstone 4.0603 (1.0603) released

I believe I found the issue and fixed it (better this time).

Please update and let me know.

K
Old 08-21-2021, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Good news and bad.

Weather seems to be working, both retrieving the weather info and weather backgrounds. System is not as sluggish.

But my Gemstone flows still seems to be hosed. For example, I have a Kids' TV show flow that has a genre filter to only show a few genres. But the Genre filters are not being respected - it is showing everything.

Same thing with a move wall flow that has genre filters and folder filters. It isn't respecting the filters and is showing everything.

Other good news is that logging is slowing down.

Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip weather603logs.zip (664.2 KB, 95 views)
Old 08-21-2021, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good news and bad.

Weather seems to be working, both retrieving the weather info and weather backgrounds. System is not as sluggish.

But my Gemstone flows still seems to be hosed. For example, I have a Kids' TV show flow that has a genre filter to only show a few genres. But the Genre filters are not being respected - it is showing everything.

Same thing with a move wall flow that has genre filters and folder filters. It isn't respecting the filters and is showing everything.

Other good news is that logging is slowing down.

Logs attached.
There are still way too many GetForecast errors in those logs to figure things out. 1 thought is if you are using weather forecast widgets, perhaps you have more days configured than OWM provides , but that is a guess. I can't think of any other reason you are getting all those errors but the old provider offered a 10 day forecast and OWM only offers 8 so if its trying to show 2 extra days those would fail. I will try to recreate.

Can you please provide your gemstone and phoenix logs from the logs folder so I can track down your filter issue.

Thanks
K